Plugin boutique dev issues [solved]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now it's the second time these ******* started distributing our software without any permission. Even worse, last year they promised me to never do it again, in written form lol

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/16-EQ/952-SlickEQ

I highly recommend you to stay away from these parasites! Time to write their invoice! To bad they didn't ask me for the price...
Last edited by FabienTDR on Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

How can they sell something if they didn't purchase licenses for it? Do they sell cracked versions? :o

FabienTDR wrote:Now it's the second time these asses started distributing our software without any permission. Even worse, they even promised me to never do it again in *written form*.

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/16-EQ/952-SlickEQ

I highly recommend you to stay away from these parasites! Time to write their invoice! To bad they didn't ask me for the price...
I have never liked them as a company.They are terrible to deal with imo.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

I just downloaded this plugin from Tokyo Dawn Labs. f**k pluginboutique fools!
yzcoruhT

Tricky-Loops wrote:How can they sell something if they didn't purchase licenses for it?
I wonder too.

Oh, wait, it's free.
Last edited by chk071 on Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I bought my first synth from them, then discovered they are more expensive than most websites. They are as bad as Beatport for a fan base, and add in LoopMasters too.

But, that's my opinion. The facts are they shouldn't distribute vst's without the makers permission. TDR loses traffic because of it, and traffic is important. On top of that, TDR is a community favorite and the bad publicity will not be good for LoopMasters/PluginBootique.

What are they thinking?

Wow! I always thought they'd be a serious company, but this seems more like something a 14 years old kid would do.
You even have to login to their site to download it.

I'm pretty sure they made up this one as well: "System Requirements: Win 98 or above:" :hihi:

I'll definitelly stay away from them!

Cheers
Dennis

It's not just that this behaviour is illegal in the UK, the real problem is that they break our *clearly readable* terms for the second time now. It's documented.

Last edited by FabienTDR on Sat May 31, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crap :( This is a no-go. I've never bought from them, but I guess I'll leave it that way.

@FabienTDR: Look the positive side: they do publicize your product! ;-)

Turello wrote:@FabienTDR: Look the positive side: they do publicize your product! ;-)
:dog:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

chk071 wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:How can they sell something if they didn't purchase licenses for it?
I wonder too.

Oh, wait, it's free.
I thought the (commercial) Gentleman version is meant. If it's free, at least they don't earn anything with it - but it's still not okay legally... :?

Whether they earned or not, is their problem. The bill is the same. ;)

@Murnau, take it easy... I don't remember my password numbers of this site but in the past, sometimes I've enter and I've never pay to download free plugins, obvliousy I've downloaded SlickEQ from TDR but anyway If Fabien have the product rights\licenses (etc etc, forgive my poor english) he can stop all this...

To myself: Why are all so susceptible and offensive?
Myself answer: I don't know but take it easy!

:dog: :oops: :dog:

FabienTDR wrote:Whether they earned or not, is their problem. The bill is the same. ;)
Which bill? Should they pay for distributing the free SlickEQ, but they don't want to?

Return to “Effects”