brainworx's refinement = MAGIC? or just EQ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i just demo this plugin, 200 bucks? must be something really great i thought.... and wow, i dunno, but i added it to my master channel on 3 projects and played around with it, i thought my final mixes/masters are sounding satisfying for me but with this one they sound somehow more glued and warm without the small harsh details i didnt notice.

im heavily considering to buy this plugin, even it's so expensive for me, but i love the sound so far i cannot accept my projects without it anymore ;). or is it just a blending plugin? maybe just need to eq a bit and thats it? or is it really a magical plugin?

im really interested in your experiences and comments!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I bought it... That's the first plugin I paid full whack for from plugin alliance. I think it's sounds excellent (I said that on another thread recently). :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:I bought it... That's the first plugin I paid full whack for from plugin alliance. I think it's sounds excellent (I said that on another thread recently). :)
Thx a lot man :D do some other people test it yet ? Cause i cannot believe it yet that it is so nice without achieving it with eqs etc. I already eq to taste and think my mixes arent harsh but when i compared it in refinement it was awesome and shocking what it sounds with and without it.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

No worries mate.

Yeah, a couple of people mentioned it in this thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6#p5763796

Actually, the demo on youtube doesn't really make it out to be anything that special. But it's something that really needs to be heard on a decent sound system.

As a plugin it's actually quite basic in functionality, but after you use it, and take it off, you can really hear how it smooths out harsher frequencies. I love it anyway. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Good and useful plugin but not for 200 bucks for sure.. Pa plugs are overpriced...

lacandon wrote:Good and useful plugin but not for 200 bucks for sure.. Pa plugs are overpriced...
Agree! They 'aint cheap. :( Usually, I wait for a facebook sale.

Every tool can do magic things in the right hands :P
Afaik it's some tube-like saturation combined with a more dynamic EQ. Only because of the description I have no usage for this plug-in.
I expect that it can smooth a bit the highs and because of the extra harmonic (tube) distortion it will add some "dust" which can help to make the overall sound more pleasing. It's some of this tools which must be demoed if it works or not. Yes, it's not cheap, so it can be a good idea to wait for some of this Facebook discounts.

Robmobius wrote:
lacandon wrote:Good and useful plugin but not for 200 bucks for sure.. Pa plugs are overpriced...
Agree! They 'aint cheap. :( Usually, I wait for a facebook sale.
The same as Uad the still live somewhere in the past even some of the the most expensive plugins SSL ones came with very low price for extremely good products.....I am not fan of Waves for example but they got it right and do great sales on their products..

I have one more day to demo it and yes: it seems to be a very effective plugin.

I tried it on one of my old projects and managed to get it sound better, much better. Never noticed that it actually sounded really harsh (crap). :lol:

So, I think I'm gonna buy it. Plugin Alliance Summer Sale next week? :wink:
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

Wow. Day 2 demoing. Is there any plugin like this at all? I dont know how they make it but in nearly all projects i tested it it sounds with refinement much more profesionell. Even sounds more glued. ? Crap i guess this wont be on sale and have to pay 200 bucks..... well 12 days trial left

It´s just a dynamic eq operating around 3500Hz range. It includes saturation and modulation, but those are not needed for the operation. I tested the saturation only briefly but I´m not sure if compensating removed harsh frequencies with adding other harsh stuff (saturation) is a good thing, but it´s a bonus anyhow.
It´s a good plugin if you are in hurry and want results instantly, or don´t know how to get rid off those harsh freqs.

sonicpowa wrote:It´s just a dynamic eq operating around 3500Hz range. It includes saturation and modulation, but those are not needed for the operation. I tested the saturation only briefly but I´m not sure if compensating removed harsh frequencies with adding other harsh stuff (saturation) is a good thing, but it´s a bonus anyhow.
It´s a good plugin if you are in hurry and want results instantly, or don´t know how to get rid off those harsh freqs.
Thx a lot man. Yeah this is what i mean. Afaik the only tools you need is eq. Comp. Etc. There is no magic plugin. Just plugins which use some of the standard mixing tools with algorithms etc. So the user has it easier but not really 100% individually controllable. Am i right ? :D
But then i thought at one project for example that it is already greatly mixed for my taste. Then i used this plugin and baaaaaammmmm. I love how the harshness is removed. Well i let some in cause i like it sometimes to have the harsh sounds but overall it sounds much morr glued and professional im asking myself HOW CAN YOU GET the harshness removed without the plug ?

You should buy the plugin if you need it, but you can also try to "reverse engineer" it. Check what the plugin is removing (by selecting the solo filter and check what it does with an analyzer, the average freq in my test song is about 3320Hz). Then recreate it with an eq.

Caine123 wrote:Wow. Day 2 demoing. Is there any plugin like this at all? I dont know how they make it but in nearly all projects i tested it it sounds with refinement much more profesionell. Even sounds more glued. ? Crap i guess this wont be on sale and have to pay 200 bucks..... well 12 days trial left
I found that as well... it really gives your tacks that nice polish.

I'm sure with a decent mastering chain, you could do something similar. But this plug does it so well and is so quick and simple to use.

hi at all,

try fatso with warmth mode or any tape saturation effect with an eq. Voila magic. Nothing special about this plugin. For my ears it sounds not that good. Or try to sent your hole mix via send effect to an eq. Turn up the bass on the send channel and reduce the highs on the original. Play with the volume of both channels voila magic again :-) try an eq that has a sound no simple linear eq

Return to “Effects”