Waves Mercury around 2000$... Good deal?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let's settle this the old fashioned way... http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... t+worth+it
You need to limit that rez, bro.

kbaccki wrote:Let's settle this the old fashioned way... http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... t+worth+it
Lol!!! Thanks for the great Google Fight man!!! :lol:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Meh, it's fixed

Why, I oughta pop you right in the kissah, pal!

Orbit-50 wrote:
kbaccki wrote:Let's settle this the old fashioned way... http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... t+worth+it
Lol!!! Thanks for the great Google Fight man!!! :lol:
You'll notice "mercury bundle good value" lost by a heavy margin.

kbaccki wrote:You'll notice "mercury bundle good value" lost by a heavy margin.
We lost this one folks but we'll be back. :lol:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

kmonkey wrote:No i don't think it's worth it. Why? In short plenty of old plugins in that bundle. Nothing wrong with them they work but you have plenty of more advanced plugins from other companies.

For 2000$ you can buy a lot of more advanced plugins depending on what you really need - as many mentioned..

seriously. no dude its not worth it. you could buy awesome shit for 2000. to make you understand what i mean, do you want to use renaissance reverb over valhalla vintage? i hope not because waves are pulling the same shit cakewalk that is, just like most of the cakewalk synths and effects, a lot of what your paying for is old plugins with a bit of new plugins thrown in. get what you really want instead of what you think to be an incredible deal when its a waste of money. i do love my h-delay though.

AstralExistence wrote:you could buy awesome shit for 2000.
Agreed. However, after hearing what a benefit the WUP is to Mercury owners, I can understand why they're so loyal to it. It seems that Waves is releasing a new plugin every month these days, it must feel pretty good to suddenly discover those easter eggs sitting in your account so often like that.

another 78% off waves sale.. jesus i would bite into a table ever buying something for "regular" price from them.. ..but wait! now i get it! the sale price is the regular price nowdays! :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:another 78% off waves sale.. jesus i would bite into a table ever buying something for "regular" price from them.. ..but wait! now i get it! the sale price is the regular price nowdays! :hihi:
Bass Rider is a good one to jump on, simply because there's nothing really like it elsewhere and you might find yourself needing it when it's not on sale. That's one of the few Waves plugins that we sell a lot of even when it's not on sale. V-EQ4 and the OneKnob bundle aren't as unique and most people only get them when they're on sale.

Bass rider is a very unique plug. Now, it's not necessarily "do and done" and requires playing around. But I record bass sometimes and I find my tracks sound a bit better with it than simply using compression (more transients)

Still, it's HARD to beat NI's 160 for bass ;)

Uncle E wrote:Bass Rider is a good one to jump on, simply because there's nothing really like it elsewhere.
i use autogain pro from hornet for vocals, for bass i have MAutoVolume from melda which i also use on every other kind of signal.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Thanks for all you comments. I haven't made up my mind yet.

I was wondering what would be missing from my setup if I get Mercury for around 1800$ (best price I can get so far) in term of effects?

I already have Komplete Ultimate 8 and I like the fact that I can get a bundle with most of what I would need to compose music. After that, I only need to pay to upgrade to get more.

If you have EQ, compression, reverb, delay, than nothing is really 'missing' from you creating great music.

I think you'er buying into market hype a little too much. Sure you could do with a few things to fill out the spectrum, a chorus, some saturation or distortion, pitch correction, whatever, but You could probably get like 5 plugins from the Mercury collection, and not be 'missing' anything in your setup.

itneveris wrote:If you have EQ, compression, reverb, delay, than nothing is really 'missing' from you creating great music.

I think you'er buying into market hype a little too much. Sure you could do with a few things to fill out the spectrum, a chorus, some saturation or distortion, pitch correction, whatever, but You could probably get like 5 plugins from the Mercury collection, and not be 'missing' anything in your setup.
+1 :tu:

Return to “Effects”