Good Soundtoys Echoboy alternative?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anybody like any plugs that are simpler and cheaper?

flstudio delay bank is all you will ever need.except for reverse delays and a sustained loop function...

Check out rp delay for $69 or search the KVR Audio Product Database for delay. I got rp delay a while back and have no regrets.

http://www.robpapen.com/rp-delay-reviews.html

Echoflex by Plug & Mix is super simple and sounds great!
PSP's Echo is also "da bomb"
XILS-Lab's LeMasque Delay is also superb.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Nomad Factory Echoes

D16 Sigmund

Maybe u-he Satin that does great tape delay and chorus. There is no other echoboy though only different delays.

robindrieghe wrote:flstudio delay bank is all you will ever need.except for reverse delays and a sustained loop function...
Doh! Great place to start, haha! Thanks for all the responses everyone.

Kaboom75 wrote:There is no other echoboy though only different delays.
This. There are a lot of great delays on the market, but I don't know of any that match it's depth and sound. On the surface, it's a relatively straightforward analog-sounding delay, but once you start diving into all the various "Tweak" menus, groove parameters, Rhythm modes, and delay styles/effects in the various drop-down menus, you can see pretty quickly how much range it has.

My other favorite delay plugin is PSP Echo. I wouldn't call it an alternative to EchoBoy per se, but it's a very nice sounding and relatively simple delay with some nice features, like the built-in ducking.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

PSP Echo - simple & powerful ....

Excellent ducking feature as well ...

Kaboom75 wrote:There is no other echoboy though only different delays.
Yep. I've used Sigmund, H-Delay, and Timeless. All are great. Echoboy is what goes in my projects now though.

Bootsie's NastyDLA is also a very good one.
EchoBoy is still the "Rolls Royce" of delay plugins.

PeterL wrote: EchoBoy is still the "Rolls Royce" of delay plugins.
maybe one day we will see it without a physical ilock. then i reckon i'll bite

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
PeterL wrote: EchoBoy is still the "Rolls Royce" of delay plugins.
maybe one day we will see it without a physical ilock. then i reckon i'll bite
Whilst you do require an iLok account, physical iLok is no longer required...so maybe a nice compromise for you.

http://support.soundtoys.com/customer/p ... -products-

I have all their plugins and The Soundtoys is one bundle I can currently say, I will never part with...Echoboy is my goto delay tool. I totally agree regarding Bootsie's DLA...superb freebie and works nicely with jBridge or native Cubase bridge in 64bit.

All I am waiting on now is the Slate Digital revamp (new coding/structure) and Eiosis, which will I believe will be an eye/ear opener ;)

MFXxx wrote: Whilst you do require an iLok account, physical iLok is no longer required...so maybe a nice compromise for you.

http://support.soundtoys.com/customer/p ... -products-
… That link also says:

Note: We do not currently support iLok machine based authorizations for anything besides MicroShift, but are looking into the possibility of extending this option to other plug-ins.

Hopefully this will be in the near future… they've mentioned it a couple of times on FB. :)

Return to “Effects”