VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UltraChannel

KVR: Where "Free" isn't free ... ;)
... space is the place ...

macmurphy wrote:
A.M. Gold wrote:iLoks are made of suck, but boy, it makes me chuckle when people spend 19 pages bitching about free products... :tu: :lol:
yep. people are a bit pathetic.
No they are not. People are legitimately concerned (lots and lots of evidence all over the place where ilok has caused considerable damage to a system/business) that a plugin, that may become an important part of a mix, will suddenly stop working at some point in the future. Can't you see how this is a major concern? I've decided to go ahead and use it but I am still slightly concerned about this issue. The way around it for me, for now, is to bounce a track to audio if it heavily relies on the plugin.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:
macmurphy wrote:
A.M. Gold wrote:iLoks are made of suck, but boy, it makes me chuckle when people spend 19 pages bitching about free products... :tu: :lol:
yep. people are a bit pathetic.
No they are not. People are legitimately concerned (lots and lots of evidence all over the place where ilok has caused considerable damage to a system/business) that a plugin, that may become an important part of a mix, will suddenly stop working at some point in the future. Can't you see how this is a major concern? I've decided to go ahead and use it but I am still slightly concerned about this issue. The way around it for me, for now, is to bounce a track to audio if it heavily relies on the plugin.
i meant pathetic in that people complain about free products, not ilok per se.

Ilok went wrong for people when many of them installed the new manager which had not been properly tested. All my ilok plugs worked during this problem because I didn't trust it with it being new. You don't have to have the latest version of ilok manager or drivers to keep your ilok plugins working. Let others be the testers.Ultrachannel is only free for the first month then its $250 so it has to have pirate protection on it.

I've been using ilok for like 7-8 years now. Not a single problem.................ever.................not once....................
I'm Kinda a big Deal

Kaboom75 wrote:You don't have to have the latest version of ilok manager or drivers to keep your ilok plugins working.
This was something I was going to ask the forum. One of my concerns is - does it force you to update the software when an update becomes available or can you just continue using an older version indefinitely (if there appears to be problems with a new version).
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

D Midas wrote:I've been using ilok for like 7-8 years now. Not a single problem.................ever.................not once....................
Yes same here, never a problem.

Keith99 wrote:
D Midas wrote:I've been using ilok for like 7-8 years now. Not a single problem.................ever.................not once....................
Yes same here, never a problem.
Me, too.
But let's leave this discussion on iLok and discuss the product. :pray:

do_androids_dream wrote:
Kaboom75 wrote:You don't have to have the latest version of ilok manager or drivers to keep your ilok plugins working.
This was something I was going to ask the forum. One of my concerns is - does it force you to update the software when an update becomes available or can you just continue using an older version indefinitely (if there appears to be problems with a new version).
In theory, yes.
You can use the same driver 'till eternity.
BUT, you would have to keep the whole system as it is right now !

OS update - Pace may not work anymore - need to install update - chance that it will work for you: ~50%.
New iLocked plugin purchase - Installer may install newest driver without telling.
New iLocked plugin purchase - The new plugin will not work with the old driver.
Update of ilocked plugin, You own - The new version may not work with the old driver anymore.
New plugin with different protection - Pace may be incompatible and lock Your ilocked plugins.

So ... in real life, You may have a year without issues, maybe 2 or 3.
And yes, there are reported cases of no issues for 5+ years.
:tu: :wink:

But that doesn't make any difference.

Jan
Last edited by _dada_ on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_dada_ wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:
In theory, yes.
You can use the same driver 'till eternity.
BUT, you would have to keep the whole system as it is right now !

OS update - Pace may not work anymore - need to install update - chance that it will work for you: ~30%.
New iLocked plugin purchase - Installer may install newest driver without telling.
New iLocked plugin purchase - The new plugin will not work with the old driver.
Update of ilocked plugin, You own - The new version may not work with the old driver anymore.
New plugin with different protection - Pace may be incompatible and lock Your ilocked plugins.

So ... in real life, You may have a year without issues, maybe 2 or 3.
And yes, there are reported cases of no issues for 5+ years.
:tu: :wink:

But that doesn't make any difference.

Jan

Jan
very compelling use of made-up numbers and statistics there. top notch. :tu:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Yep ... 17 years of fighting Pace issues.
:tu:

My recent predictions ( VCC release, new Pace Server ) have been pretty accurate.
... sadly !

OK, I'll change the 30% to 50% ...
8)

Jan

A.M. Gold wrote:Jan, specifically, what are the CURRENT problems you can demonstrate with the iLok drivers on Windows?
Most recent :
Pace created illegal doubled licenses for many users, a year ago.
Some stupid guys decide to sell them.
Pace eagerly transfered these illegal licenses ant took 25$ for each transfer.
The buyers where sure, they had made a legal purchase.
Now Pace decided to clean up and deactivated all those licenses.
Sure enough they won't refund the 25$ ...
Sure enough they also deactivated legal licenses by accident.
:neutral:

Jan

_dada_ wrote:
A.M. Gold wrote:Jan, specifically, what are the CURRENT problems you can demonstrate with the iLok drivers on Windows?
Most recent :

Jan
Stolen goods always need to be forfeited regardless of if you're aware they're stolen.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:
_dada_ wrote:
Most recent :

Jan
Stolen goods always need to be forfeited regardless of if you're aware they're stolen.

Please don't do it. Don't inject reality into the internet, we all could blow up in pieces.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

^ :lol:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Effects”