Eventide UltraChannel Native plug-in for Free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UltraChannel

I have checked it out and it is confirmed - iLok License Manager installs a resident exe in Windows memory.
Uninstalled.
I will not support this kind of service, even for a paid software.

Last edited by Lesha on Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's easy if you know how

As User they discourages Me also to buy products... For example, How we can collaborate via web, You send Me (or a mastering studio) your Cubase\Nuendo project, when I open this project the first thing DAW say me is that miss Eventide (or others)... In the end, free them to create this f..k protections and free me to dislike\unbuy thiss product... What make Me smile\laugh is that with this business polithic them just encourages the hackers\crackers... :hihi:

PS: Excuse Me all for all the swear words... :oops:

lol - lots of dlls run in Windows all the time, some people are just anti-ilok whatever and I cannot decide why it is, perhaps it is that they feel they are not trusted? Normally hatred comes from fear so perhaps they fear a big brother style thing - I dunno

Keith99 wrote:lol - lots of dlls run in Windows all the time, some people are just anti-ilok whatever and I cannot decide why it is, perhaps it is that they feel they are not trusted? Normally hatred comes from fear so perhaps they fear a big brother style thing - I dunno
I think it mostly comes from the fact that this serves no purpose other than to validate the authenticity of software on a continuing basis rather than just one time up front as other protection systems might.

I've heard (and experienced) so many sides to the story, I dunno what is what. I really want to try the slate limiter and the only way is to get a fracking ilok2 :x But I'll always be wondering if I don't because mostly I hate limiters, but need one. I've enjoyed being dongle free for 4 1/2 years. Pace was always "fine" with my system but I believe it caused some speed issues when launching a host/projects. Can't remember for sure.

But I digress, this a fabulous thing to get free.....I know it's hard not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I think it's perfectly fine.

I have an iLok2, I use it for lots of great plugins that I couldn't use otherwise.
McDSP, Eventide (Omnipressor+Channel), Metric Halo, Softube, Slate, Eiosis, UVI, SoundToys, EastWest, Kush...

Had no problems when I used an iLok1 on PC before 2011, haven't had any problems with iLok2 on Mac since 2011.
No licenses vanished, no machine crashes, nothing.

I agree, it's a PITA when you forget to plug the little fecker in before you open a project that contains iLok plugins, but it's nothing unsolvable. Plug it in, click continue, job done. I would prefer to not have a physical dongle that's prone to damage or loss, even if it's just the HDD via the "activate to machine" method.

Keyfiles or serial numbers would work just as well if done correctly, and could probably help reduce the plugin price a lot. But as long as I watch my stuff and keep not-having-trouble with iLoks... I don't really care.

Right now I'm only happy that I have such great tools at my disposal. :shrug:
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Hmmmmmmmm, I would like echoboy...........

got the UltraChannel strip today & playing around with it.
Sounds pretty good here & the price is so very right
Lots of presets to start playing with - prolly my fave part thus far but I'm curious about the 2 layers of compression. Guessing that the O pressor is an emulation of an optical compressor, but the second one looks like it's primarily used to saturate or to de-ess . . . the delay bit looks pretty sophisticated. I should likely work with the "micro pitch shifter" for a while before deciding how it's best used - unless someone here would kindly clarify for a simpleton like me

:=)
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

AstralExistence wrote:yeah im not thanking them yet. i have a feeling after the cutoff date it will be quietly removed from our accounts.
Awwww I hope not because that will be right after I warmed up to having ilok in any form on my machine!

Mister Natural wrote:got the UltraChannel strip today & playing around with it.
Sounds pretty good here & the price is so very right
Lots of presets to start playing with - prolly my fave part thus far but I'm curious about the 2 layers of compression. Guessing that the O pressor is an emulation of an optical compressor,
Actually it's an emulation of their Omnipressor rack unit (and later plugin)

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr12/a ... entide.htm

(although it seems to be missing some features of the original)

Alright, I bought the stupid ass ilok 2. I just got it locally at a higher price since I didn't have to pay shipping/wait. So, that, the soundtoy will be ilok and since it's a "2" I can demo things like slate.

I feel so dirty and useless :hihi:

Endor-8o8 wrote:
Aural Chaos wrote:
Endor-8o8 wrote:You're all talking about how much Ilok/Pace is "intrusive", how many of you have a FB profile ?
Come on, is there anyone who can discuss just the Ultrachannel sound and details please...
Can the mere existence of a FB account somehow use CPU cycles or RAM while you are recording?
Not really. There is nothing equivalent between personal information and use of computing resources....
My Pace background activity shows a little pop of 0.3% (and then go back to 0%) when I load Ultrachannel (and same thing with a bunch of other Ilok plugs) on a track in Reaper (Win 8.1/64bit). Hold on, I think my i7 is about to blow up... :lol:
Come on guys we're not on Pentium II anymore...
That doesn't change the fact that your analogy is completely useless...

Mister Natural wrote:Guessing that the O pressor is an emulation of an optical compressor
aMUSEd wrote:Actually it's an emulation of their Omnipressor rack unit (...) (although it seems to be missing some features of the original)
I think it says in the included manual that it's only the compressor section of the Omnipressor. I have the Omnipressor plugin itself, so I know it's one of the meanest and grittiest around, and it's definitely a good addition to a channel with an otherwise "transparent" compressor.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Aural Chaos wrote:
Endor-8o8 wrote:
Aural Chaos wrote:
Endor-8o8 wrote:You're all talking about how much Ilok/Pace is "intrusive", how many of you have a FB profile ?
Come on, is there anyone who can discuss just the Ultrachannel sound and details please...
Can the mere existence of a FB account somehow use CPU cycles or RAM while you are recording?
Not really. There is nothing equivalent between personal information and use of computing resources....
My Pace background activity shows a little pop of 0.3% (and then go back to 0%) when I load Ultrachannel (and same thing with a bunch of other Ilok plugs) on a track in Reaper (Win 8.1/64bit). Hold on, I think my i7 is about to blow up... :lol:
Come on guys we're not on Pentium II anymore...
That doesn't change the fact that your analogy is completely useless...
Cool, no FB account for me so I'm allowed to slag off iLock.

Keith99 wrote:lol - lots of dlls run in Windows all the time, some people are just anti-ilok whatever and I cannot decide why it is, perhaps it is that they feel they are not trusted? Normally hatred comes from fear so perhaps they fear a big brother style thing - I dunno
Simple just read what I wrote 1 page back.
Pace is a incompetent company shutting down studios around the world,
for weeks.
They can take away the plugins you payed for ( and also free ones ).
they've done it. They'll do it again ...
It's all in the net.
I povided the links ...
:shrug:

Jan

Return to “Effects”