Eventide UltraChannel Native plug-in for Free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UltraChannel

Just had an opportunity to use this over the weekend. Couple of things:

1) Great plug. Amazing as a freebie, and nice that it is still with free updates, even for those of us who got it free. But there is easily enough packed into this to make it worthwhile as the paid plug that it is.

2) I'm a mix/mastering idiot. So I rely on a lot of presets to get close to what I need before tweaking. My usual flow is to first go with Cubase 7.5 channel strip presets. If I don't get anything suitable, I next go to Alloy 2, and that usually ends the search. But I have a couple of current projects looking for some polish, and so I went to UltraChannel to see what it has to offer. The presets cover a lot of ground, and I easily found what I was looking for each time. In particular, I was trying to get a background acoustic guitar (picked) to sit right in the mix with a bit more clarity. Hit the "acoustic guitar" preset, and boom, I'm there. No more tweaking required. Nice.

3). Rinse and repeat, but this time with an electric bass. Again, right on the money for what I was looking for.

To recap: Thumbs up.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Watched the videos at groove3 and they are really nice and helpful (at least to me).

And can you guys recommend some alternative to the Pitch Shifter?

tuzemec wrote:Watched the videos at groove3 and they are really nice and helpful (at least to me).

And can you guys recommend some alternative to the Pitch Shifter?

http://www.stillwellaudio.com/plugins/cmx/

tuzemec wrote:And can you guys recommend some alternative to the Pitch Shifter?
Stillwell Audio CMX lacks the slight modulation and the LP filter of the Eventide H3000 "pitch shifter" effect that made it so popular.

Another alternative:
https://www.soundtoys.com/product/MicroShift
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Has anyone installed the update? Went smoothly? Projects opening fine with it? Thanks
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

No probs so far

What's the latest version of UltraChannel?

e@rs wrote:What's the latest version of UltraChannel?
UltraChannel Native Installers: Latest Version - 2.0.19

https://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/ ... pport.aspx
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Thanx. Didn't check their site. I had an older version they sent by email.

I assume that there is no way to get this now...right?
John
"B4serenity"

b4serenity wrote:I assume that there is no way to get this now...right?
Only if you pay big money for it.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

It comes up secondhand on occasion, too... sometimes for the transfer fee or not much more.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Does the delay unit always work for you properly guys?

I sometimes get no sound out of it, for no apparant reason - or I can't really change the delay time, whatever knob I fiddle with.
All the other units in the UltraChannel work fine.

antithesist wrote:It comes up secondhand on occasion, too... sometimes for the transfer fee or not much more.
One or more currently in the marketplace.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

antithesist wrote:
antithesist wrote:It comes up secondhand on occasion, too... sometimes for the transfer fee or not much more.
One or more currently in the marketplace.
What Marketplace? where? Thanks!
John
"B4serenity"

Return to “Effects”