Eventide UltraChannel Native plug-in for Free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UltraChannel

AFAICT those types of problems (BSOD, system trashed completely) are very old experiences, you don't see much or any of that happening in 2014.

The recent problems with iLok (last year, some this year) have all been related to licenses being messed up (most of which was attributable to PACE the company). I've not read any system related horror stories for a long time.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Here is a small demo of it being used on a BFD loop in case anyone wants to check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZybufK-lbw

Make sure to play it in HD to get better sound.

Sorry for the lack of drum loop variation.
:borg:

Is it just me or does this plugin sound quite authentically vintage? Like a piece of old 80's digital outboard gear.

I've actually found some great uses for this. And it doesn't sound like any of the other effect processors I have, so I think it will fit into it's own niche in my setup. The compressor definitely isn't anything like the Softube, stock Logic or Klanghelm compressors I have. It's different enough to be useful.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:Is it just me or does this plugin sound quite authentically vintage? Like a piece of old 80's digital outboard gear.

I've actually found some great uses for this. And it doesn't sound like any of the other effect processors I have, so I think it will fit into it's own niche in my setup. The compressor definitely isn't anything like the Softube, stock Logic or Klanghelm compressors I have. It's different enough to be useful.
Yeah I'm getting a sort of vintage vibe to it too. Some very nice saturation algorithms going on.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Am I the only one intentionally not getting this?

itneveris wrote:Am I the only one intentionally not getting this?
No. The kid who served me at KFC didn't want it either.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:
He was probably too busy wiping his cock on your chicken sandwich... :hihi:

My only real curiousity in this is how does a "digital output transformer" sound. As for microshifting, Schwa CMX is a good one. Not worth installing iLok IMO, even for a test run.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
He may work at KFC, be he has better sense than you :lol:

Am I the only one who hasn't received download links yet? I've got the license, but no email for the dl

bluedad wrote:Am I the only one who hasn't received download links yet? I've got the license, but no email for the dl
I got the link instantly, while on the Eventide page, after registering there, and on the ilok page. Just entered my ilok ID, name/email, and the "code", and the DL link appeared.

Have not transferred to the DAW machine yet, but it was all surprisingly painless. {thus far}
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote:
bluedad wrote:Am I the only one who hasn't received download links yet? I've got the license, but no email for the dl
I got the link instantly, while on the Eventide page, after registering there, and on the ilok page. Just entered my ilok ID, name/email, and the "code", and the DL link appeared.

Have not transferred to the DAW machine yet, but it was all surprisingly painless. {thus far}
Ok that was not my experience, so I thought it might be a Firefox thing; so I used Chrome and reentered my info and it showed me the links..BUT! Chrome thought the download was malicious and wouldn't download , so I had to paste the link back into Firefox! wtf, lol. Got it now, installed.

CableChannel wrote:iLok license manager? Sorry I'll pass. PACE will manage to screw up my system even without dongle I believe.
Sadly ... this is correct. It has happened a few times, in the past.
And will happen again.
In the current disaster, trying to clean up another of their mistakes,
they took away legal licenses ... by accident ...
:neutral:

Why on earth are free plugins wrapped in this Damocles sword ???
( Same with SoundToys )
They are free ...
Getting Your E-Mail and personal data, can easily be done, by a registration page.

Anyone should be aware, that this little ( well ... big ) gem, can get lost,
with every Pace update or new ilocked plugin install.
OR because they think, it's not legal ...
OR because their hardware goes up in smoke and they don't have a usable backup,
like one year ago ... ( no usable backup ).

Jan
Last edited by _dada_ on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:AFAICT those types of problems (BSOD, system trashed completely) are very old experiences, you don't see much or any of that happening in 2014.

The recent problems with iLok (last year, some this year) have all been related to licenses being messed up (most of which was attributable to PACE the company). I've not read any system related horror stories for a long time.

Peace,
Andy.
You're right. We'd absolutely read all about it here if things like that we're still happening.

It's probably best to buy the iLok dongle before downloading this. HDD's fail.

Don't know what stunts you guys perform with your computers but me never had a BSOD or whatsoever since mid September 2010. I can tell because I have the invoice of the supplier (hamburg-audio.de) in front of me.

Wait... they no longer build custom Audio-PCs? Heck, then my computer lastet longer than their company. And it is still running top notch. No hassles, no nothing. :tu:

Return to “Effects”