Eventide UltraChannel Native plug-in for Free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UltraChannel

BERFAB wrote:So, everyone's had some time to check this out a bit, and no one sees any "cutdown" or crippled signs in the software?
The UltraChannel plugin was originally part of the Anthology II bundle, as referenced in this SOS review from 2006:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul06/a ... hology.htm

This freebie is not a cut down version of UltraChannel - rather, you don't get the full Anthology II bundle.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
BERFAB wrote:So, everyone's had some time to check this out a bit, and no one sees any "cutdown" or crippled signs in the software?
The UltraChannel plugin was originally part of the Anthology II bundle, as referenced in this SOS review from 2006:

This freebie is not a cut down version of UltraChannel - rather, you don't get the full Anthology II bundle.

Peace,
Andy.
Ah, so bingo. This is the reason.

The Anthology II bundle is imminent as is an "upgrade" promotion.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Still wish they do something about the o-pressor meter, half of it is useless as mentioned in manual (only compression no expansion included)

elxsound wrote: Wait, do the V1 iLoks work with x64 plugins? I've never tried to use any as my iLok has been collecting dust since iLok 2 was announced and there was talk that this was necessary for x64 plugs.
I believe that the iLok goes with whatever the original registration is. So if you bought and registered Product X on an iLok v. 1 when it was x32, the validation should still work when Product X is updated to x64.

I could be wrong about this though. For me, iLok is not something I ever think about. Once I register the product, it's never an issue. But I WILL say, that registering products has, occasionally, been a real PITA with iLok. For one thing, iLok software is not compatible with all browsers (how this is possible is beyond me), but my routine is usually that I will muck about with it a bit before realizing this. Then I have to search around to see which browsers ARE compatible. Then I have to figure out the little dance to get the authorizations where they should be.

But once I do all this, I've never had problems that require further attention to those authorizations.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Mushy Mushy wrote:The Anthology II bundle is imminent as is an "upgrade" promotion.
If that's the case, then yeah very smart marketing move!

Only other reason I can think of is to simply promote the Eventide name ... which is big in hardware, not so well known in software.

Like UBK - if the software is really good, it makes you want the hardware oh so bad!
... space is the place ...

BDeep wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:ilok account required to download ... even though it doesn't need an ilok? Hmmm ...
Yeah, iLok recently has gone dongle-less, if a developer supports it I think. So you still get the iLok protection, and therefore will need an iLok account.

I'm tempted, but not enough to get down the iLok route.
Ditto. Just started reading this thread then realized this.

Oh well, plenty more fish in the sea.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
ZenPunkHippy wrote:

Peace,
Andy.
Ah, so bingo. This is the reason.

The Anthology II bundle is imminent as is an "upgrade" promotion.
Interesting, and probably accurate, analysis.

I'll throw this theory onto the fire just for fun: iLok is behind this promo. They've licensed the ET software as a giveaway to bring in more created accounts and show that they've moved on from their past stumble.

Just sayin...

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:The Anthology II bundle is imminent as is an "upgrade" promotion.

Only other reason I can think of is to simply promote the Eventide name ... which is big in hardware, not so well known in software.

Like UBK - if the software is really good, it makes you want the hardware oh so bad!
as i already wrote in this thread slate is going to do the same with the one free plugin within his virtual mix rack. thats a cool way for customers to get a free plugin but also tempted to buy more.

it doesn't surprise me much because it's one of the rare reasons i understand why a dev give something away for free.
Last edited by murnau on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Interesting.. Here is a quality product from Eventide being handed to me and I have to say no thank you. At least for now.

Maybe it's time to rethink this.

I bought Waves NPP back when it was version 3.x. That Pace copy-protect system trashed my amd athlon bad as in: format disc bad. Pace was incompatible with a chipset or something such like that. I remember staring at those BSODs, windows would not even load, thinking "Jesus, all this.. -my PC trashed -lost projects, hours of work ahead of me doing a ground up reinstall because some company wants to protect themselves from unauthorized use?" Pace was unduly heavy handed. Isn't iLok just as heavy handed reaching it's tentacles deep into our OS's? These copy protect methods seem unduly intrusive to me. And this intrusion is solely for the benefit of a company; it is certainly not for my benefit. And now I'm the one who takes the risk, not the company.

But maybe it's time to rethink this..

ah, so "maybe" we should expect the Anthology II bundle in native format sometime? Might be interesting. Eventide stuff is very very good (whether hw or sw), imo.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:

Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Very nice of them and a awesome plug in.

Thanks Eventide.

do_androids_dream wrote:
elassi wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:The delay module seems to be buggy. Sometimes the delay length section works, sometimes it doesn't. Tried it with all different combinations of tempo sync (which doesn't seem to be working either). Can't put my finger on anything other than randomness in it's operation. This is in reaper btw.
Works like a treat here. :shrug:
Yep it's a strange one. If I load up a preset with the delay module in use it kick starts it into life and it works as expected but if I load the plugin in it's default state and engage the delay module it's hit and miss whether the delay length parameters work for me. The dials can be moved with the mouse but the delay length doesn't change. Also, moving the dial will not update the numbers beneath and, in reverse, moving the numbers (you can directly 'grab' them and change them with the mouse as well as using the dial) will not update the dial position. Will continue playing... I tend to really try to 'break' plugins for bug testing purposes btw.
Yeah, I find the stereo delay section a little weird too; sometimes it doesn't seem to pan as expected. Not fucntioning at a $249 level (not that I'm examining the gift horse's tonsils...).

For anyone concerned over Ilok woes. Ok here is my experience and I am a new user to Ilok (but not to dongle protection) and was kind of put off from it after hearing people bitch about it on KVR.

So i downloaded and installed the latest Ilok drivers and licence manager without a problem. I signed up for a account at Ilok and it was nice to see that v0rt3x was not already in use for a name! Once i activated my account I used the code I found in this thread for the Ultrachannel software, entered in the rest of the needed information and then went to my email. In my email i received the downloads necessary for the actual plugin (both win and mac) and then I installed it and it was fairly fast and worked fine on my copy of Mavericks 10.9.3.

After everything installed, i opened up the Ilok activation center and found a licence in the cloud awaiting to be activated and transferred to my computer (Very similar to how waves licencing works)

Once the licence was transferred to my computer i simply hit "activate" and a moment later it was good to go. I closed the licence center and opened up ableton live and now ultrachannel showed up completely ready to be used like any other plugin.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:borg:

Yeah, the new iLok paradigm is a breeze, compared to the Old Days...

Leonardus wrote: I bought Waves NPP back when it was version 3.x. That Pace copy-protect system trashed my amd athlon bad as in: format disc bad. Pace was incompatible with a chipset or something such like that. I remember staring at those BSODs, windows would not even load, thinking "Jesus, all this.. -my PC trashed -lost projects, hours of work ahead of me doing a ground up reinstall because some company wants to protect themselves from unauthorized use?" Pace was unduly heavy handed. Isn't iLok just as heavy handed reaching it's tentacles deep into our OS's? These copy protect methods seem unduly intrusive to me. And this intrusion is solely for the benefit of a company; it is certainly not for my benefit. And now I'm the one who takes the risk, not the company.
These are the kind of scary stories I was afraid of! Isn't ilok a new beast now though with far less problems?
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Return to “Effects”