Eventide UltraChannel Native plug-in for Free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UltraChannel

Kaboom75 wrote:Ultrachannel is a re release of a plugin from 2006
Was it 64 bit back in 2006 as well?

bluedad wrote:you obviously didn't read my post two posts after that..all sorted though now, thanks!
This disclaimer was included in the mailing I received:

"It has come to our attention that our email server was experiencing technical difficulties during the time when your installer links were to be emailed to you."

In other words, I guess the server was blown :D

I tried two times. Second one was good and I received the links. Installing now :)
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

took me 5 minutes to get set up and testing the plug, PC hasn't exploded yet. This ilok program is no more intrusive than any number of other programs I have installed.

Nice plug though, I expected the GUI to be bigger,

Caine123 wrote:im still an unbeliever i think, is this really FREE for my whole life? ;)

this plugin just seems awesome! why buy other compressors etc. anymore i guess?
Thats literally how I felt about his plugin at all. "Well I already have a compressor, gate, EQ, delay, that Is worth more than a 249$ value, and has newer code. Why on earth would I get this ugly plugin? iLok too?!! :lol: "

I think too many people are being fooled by the alleged "249$ value" :roll:

Finally got it myself, too. Had to fill in the details at the site again and the next page said that I have it already registered to my iLok account, but here's the download links again.

So atleast what they did get out of this was that I made an iLok account, wouldn't have otherwise.

How does this work then, if I want to install the plugin at a later time, after wiping away my OS or something, I have to make sure that I deactivate the license from the license manager first? Otherwise I have to pay up to have my projects working again (the ones that use the plugin, I mean)..

Out to test it then. Last weekend I recorded some "real instruments" after a long while, interesting to hear how this compares to my gimmicky signal chains.

itneveris wrote:
Caine123 wrote:im still an unbeliever i think, is this really FREE for my whole life? ;)

this plugin just seems awesome! why buy other compressors etc. anymore i guess?
Thats literally how I felt about his plugin at all. "Well I already have a compressor, gate, EQ, delay, that Is worth more than a 249$ value, and has newer code. Why on earth would I get this ugly plugin? iLok too?!! :lol: "

I think too many people are being fooled by the alleged "249$ value" :roll:
I'm wondering what does it matter if many people are 'fooled' into enjoying this plugin? What does it matter to anyone what anyone else says about this plugin for their music? I mean really.. are we that involved in each other's business to make conscious choices for each other about what should be our own personal choices?

I think most of us like to discuss and come together on the forums.. not detract and fight.

I'm not saying don't use it nor am I saying to use it.. only that my (personal, individual) experiences have been positive in using this channel strip. And its free.. if I decide I don't want to use it anymore then there is very little lost (Eventide has one of our email addresses -- about it, can use a specific email account made to collect spam and offers if concerned about that aspect). For Eventide, they now have a ton of 'customers' in their system so it is a win for them too. We all win. Yay. :hihi:

lotus2035 wrote:This ilok program is no more intrusive than any number of other programs I have installed.
Actually it is. It is constantly running in a background as a driver/service and is know to cause all kinds of trouble. Even quite recently it f**ked up some eLicenser plugins. People were complaining these same forums here.
No signature here!

Numanoid wrote:
Numanoid wrote:How long does it take to get the link to the installer, I registered a couple of hours ago

Got no E-mail with installer, not in spam folder either.
Wow, got the installer delivered by E-mail now, that delivery took "only" one and a half day :o
yeah, I finally got mine delivered by email too.

Installer crashed twice while trying to install. License activated but then Pace crashed after that before the plug-in would load into Reaper.

About to give up on this. Only wanted the pitch shifter anyway.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Just read all 15 pages and no reviews about the plugin just lots of moaning about ilok and paranoia about it being free:) Can anyone actually say how good they find this plugin! I am downloading it now myself but would be interested in other, more experienced sound engineer's opinions.

I'm not having any issues with the Ilok system and I plan on buying a physical dongle now so i can demo Soundtoys and Exponential audio reverbs.

m
:borg:

I hope they don't pull the plug on it... got it installed though! Now just waiting on Ohmicide from guitar center. It's "sold out" but they're ordering more :) At $25, I can wait.

robotmonkey wrote:
pheeleep wrote:It doesn't look like sidechain is implemented correctly for Fl Studio (missing sidechain inputs in Fl wrapper) but I'm not going to complain. It is free. I listened to a presets demo video online and am impressed. Good stuff. Nice surprise.
Yeah, FL Studio needs VST3 to recognize sidechain inputs. Same thing with Waves - no sidechain inputs on VST2 plugins but works ok with VST3.
Hi robotmonkey. I am pretty sure that I have many VST2 compressor plugins with sidechain that work correctly in Fl Studio. On those compressors, the sidechain inputs appear in the Fl wrapper ;)
Play it by ear

Endor-8o8 wrote:
Your "free until the cutoff date" argument is also going through my mind but I thought I was paranoid...

Just because he's paranoid too, it doesn't mean you're not. ;-) :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”