Isn't something like this barely legal?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Today is purge day.

The first batch of people were rather hostile for no obvious reason (no surprise for KVR, I agree). Thanks for bringing some common sense (and my sanity back) to this thread....

:o

My attitude is always "buy it for what it is/does now, not what's promised for the future." There's never any disappointment in this approach. Look at a company like Slate Digital, lots of promises for updates (new features, new consoles, new frameworks, bugfixes, etc.) and lots of new products on the horizon, meanwhile, they're extremely slow to deliver. If you're buying a Slate plugin for some planned update, you're going to be in for a long wait. If you buy a Slate plugin for what it does now, you'll probably be a happy customer.

So while URS plugins may or may not be getting 64bit updates, you as a customer shouldn't be buying them based on some promise of what they'll do later on. If you already did, then I hope you learned a lesson and won't repeat that mistake in the future.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've had mine since well before that. I think this company is in a bit of trouble.

funkybot's evil twin wrote:My attitude is always "buy it for what it is/does now, now what's promised for the future." There's never any disappointment in this approach.
this, big time. plans change. shit happens. release dates get pushed back, promises get broken, expectations are not met. this is often not the case, but i'd rather buy a tool that's ready now. if they're promising x64, and the x64 thing is a make-or-break thing for me, well then when they release it i will get my wallet out. until then, i will get by with a different tool that does what i need it to do, when i need it to.

now, where's that old crysonic thread..
Last edited by funky lime on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

GOD NO PLEASE NOT CRYSONIC THREADS!!!!!!!!

:hihi:

well i thought about bringing up IK but that might lead to some angry mods :hihi:

hibidy wrote:I've had mine since well before that. I think this company is in a bit of trouble.
I suspect something as well...
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

funky lime wrote:well i thought about bringing up IK but that might lead to some angry mods :hihi:
:lol:

ZINO wrote:In 2014 no one travels by boat any more (32 bit) and anyone that still buys the card, buys it with the (false) perspective to travel when the train service is ready (64 bit).

There you go, an even more correct analogy since you wanted one.

No one travels by boat?

Correct analogy?

Im calling 'total bullshit' on both.

I don't see a huge problem with their business tactics. I think it's not great customer service, but still better than time warner cable.

n/m, I'm out of this too. The world is full of people who approve of behaving badly. No reason to get worked up over it, bye!

Kriminal wrote:
ZINO wrote:In 2014 no one travels by boat any more (32 bit) and anyone that still buys the card, buys it with the (false) perspective to travel when the train service is ready (64 bit).

There you go, an even more correct analogy since you wanted one.

No one travels by boat?

Correct analogy?

Im calling 'total bullshit' on both.
Good job Sherlock, you caught me. Taking everything literally is your big secret, right?

Return to “Effects”