Ducking delay in anything from Native Instruments?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anything Native Instruments offer have a ducking delay?

amyhughes wrote:Does anything Native Instruments offer have a ducking delay?
One word...

Reaktor

It's not just instrument, it's used as effect unit too...gazillion of these ducking delays and delay galore...search user library..

I also found a somewhat convoluted way of achieving one in Guitar Rig on the NI forums:
Fill Brisell wrote:You can create 'ducking delay' with the tools already present in GuitarRig (from v2). Use the Input MDF component which tracks the input curve from your notes, and attach this to the wet/dry mix on the Delay component. When the curve is high it means there's notes coming in, and dealy mix should tend towards 'dry'. When the input curve flattens out it means there are long notes or silence, and the delay mix moves towards 'wet'. Note: to get a smooth transition it is important to work with the 'offset' and 'release' controls on the Input MDF component. Some time is needed to make this sound really musical, but anyway: it is definetly possible to create 'ducking' delay.

Yeah, I figure it can be done in Reaktor. I'll look for one in the user library.

I had no idea GR was so flexible. That sounds like a promising approach, if I need to build one.

Thanks.

BoscoFx had a ducking reverb for Reaktor, but I've NEVER found a decent ducking delay. I tried to hook the same schematic up in a delay and it didn't work(need to really delve into it, but...)
The best thing I found to do is recored vocals 100% wet, then put on a seperate track, then cut and splice where and what you need.

all you need is a delay and a side-chained compressor

or u can have this freeware
http://mdsp.smartelectronix.com/product/mdspduckdela/

there is also a Mac version yay !
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

amyhughes wrote:Yeah, I figure it can be done in Reaktor. I'll look for one in the user library.

I had no idea GR was so flexible. That sounds like a promising approach, if I need to build one.

Thanks.
Yeah, Guitar Rig is a really a very cool tool. I never use it for guitars but it's very useful as a general modular effects module. Check out the cool sequencer too.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Effects”