Natural Attack - oddball waveshaping distortion with "poisoned" filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Natural Attack (download)

This is an effect with several stages of waveshaping, but it starts with a "poisoned" filter -- a one-pole LPF whose state is "poisoned" by the output of all the other stages, which can get pretty strange depending on what they're doing.

There's your basic DC bias, which affects everything else (especially "poison") and which clunks heavily back to zero when the input is zero.

There's a "claw" waveshaper which pulls the "front" side of waves (when they're sloping away from zero) outward, at a rate dependent on their current value -- so it adds amplitude-dependent sidebands, and can sound somewhat like ring modulation, like a sort of zippery decay, or sometimes it resonates with this downward cascading thing of beauty. It really depends on what it's fed.

There's a "bite" waveshaper which affects the "back" side of waves, and acts as a gentle dark-ish fuzz or a brighter exciter.

There's a basic saturated volume boost, which interacts very heavily with the "poison" stage.

And because it was necessary, there's some code to rein in values that go out of range. There's no true DC offset filter though, and I'd recommend a shelving filter or EQ of some kind afterward (you might want to roll off highs too anyway).

omg :!: :arrow: :?: I'll check it out

edit: tried it, wow, this is hands down the best sounding fuzz for guitar I've ever heard in software, just using drive and claw parameters. Very mainstream nice sounding.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Cool, I'm glad it was useful :D

thanks for sharing your experiments with us!:)

if you release anything new, it should do stuff that other things already do or we won't know what it is :hihi:

so remember, newness, but without the risk and unfamiliarity and pesky challenge. :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:if you release anything new, it should do stuff that other things already do or we won't know what it is :hihi:

so remember, newness, but without the risk and unfamiliarity and pesky challenge. :)
:party:

Very cool! :tu:
Thanks!
ImageImageImageImage

Cool piece of kit this...gonna use it on the minibrute....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

This one is very cool! I really like it! Thank you:D

NB: SplitDelay it also very good! Cant wait to see what you come up with next :tu:

Return to “Effects”