Glitchmachines HYSTERESIS new freebie!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

idfpower wrote: so far IMO as it it seems best suited for vocals
I like the idea of that. For a while I've been thinking of going back to some real basic guitar/vocal or piano vocal stuff with some post-processing - this might be a good experiment for the vocal side of things.

I'm wondering about the name "Hysteresis" as I connect this term mainly with (noise) gates but...

... I LOVE delays! :love: :hyper: :wheee:

@Tricky: lo sapevo che eri felice!!! :-)

Turello wrote:@Tricky: lo sapevo che eri felice!!! :-)
Certo! :party:

Maybe this is part of a new synth?

Endor-8o8 wrote:Well in fact Hysterisis is a new version of Inear Display's "Oxymore". Like "Fracture" is a new version of "Fragment". Now Inear Display's developper is joining forces with Glitchmachines, so step by step the Inear Display tools are gonna be part of the Glitchmachines catalog. And Fracture has nothing to do with Quadrant by the way, Quadrant has just some similar tools.
Really love the Inear toys so I'm glad to see some refreshing versions and maybe some new tools to come ! :)
Wonder if it will load Oxymore presets - I made some presets for it a while back and would like not to have both on my system if they are identical (Pity, I paid for Oxymore)

Yes patches are exchangeable between the two plugins - so they are identical in every way except gui. Anyway here are my patches if anyone wants them - just 10 so far but I will surely make more as it's a fun plugin:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... ericus.zip

aMUSEd wrote:Yes patches are exchangeable between the two plugins - so they are identical in every way except gui. Anyway here are my patches if anyone wants them - just 10 so far but I will surely make more as it's a fun plugin:

I did have that sneaking deja vu feeling ;) ...still an awesome plug no matter what it's called :D
thanks for these, aMUSEd!

robojam wrote:Looks very cool! I have used Fracture and think I could find room for this one too!
me too. I love stuff like this. thanks for the heads up.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

blortblort wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Yes patches are exchangeable between the two plugins - so they are identical in every way except gui. Anyway here are my patches if anyone wants them - just 10 so far but I will surely make more as it's a fun plugin:

I did have that sneaking deja vu feeling ;) ...still an awesome plug no matter what it's called :D
That's strange, but of course beneficial to new users. I never used anything from in-ear display, but I'm definitely anxious to see what the come up with... especially if that leads to a full blown creation similar to their pretty graphic.

I only wish they'd look into creating resizable GUI's. I find them too small, but still useable.

Tricky-Loops wrote:I'm wondering about the name "Hysteresis" as I connect this term mainly with (noise) gates but...
I first learned of hysteresis in studios, dealing with tape machines. If you ever played your favorite cassette tape over and over the sound would degrade. This in part to the tape being stretched whilst being pulled through the mechanism. That would be tape hysteresis. Hysteresis in general means something not retaining in original form due to forces acting on it, basically. So, the stuff being put into this plugins buffers does not retain its form, hence the name I suppose.

I just got this and Fracture and like them quite a bit. Been listening to a fair bit of Sphongle lately and could see them being used for their style of vocal processing.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

I got the microsphere pack for ableton live and was quite impressed I love this free stufftoo.
dedication to flying

elxsound wrote:
blortblort wrote:

That's strange, but of course beneficial to new users. I never used anything from in-ear display, but I'm definitely anxious to see what the come up with... especially if that leads to a full blown creation similar to their pretty graphic.

I only wish they'd look into creating resizable GUI's. I find them too small, but still useable.
Actually almost all the Inear plugins have resizable guis (except a couple of older ones like RMem). Strangely they seem to have removed that functionality from the Glitchmachines ones though which is a step backwards tbh. So I guess I do have a reason to keep using Oxymore over Hysteresis, it does have a better gui.

Now to see if I can swap presets the other way round ;) (edit - you can! - ah but Oxymore doesn't have forwards back arrows for presets!)

aMUSEd wrote:
Endor-8o8 wrote:Well in fact Hysterisis is a new version of Inear Display's "Oxymore". Like "Fracture" is a new version of "Fragment". Now Inear Display's developper is joining forces with Glitchmachines, so step by step the Inear Display tools are gonna be part of the Glitchmachines catalog. And Fracture has nothing to do with Quadrant by the way, Quadrant has just some similar tools.
Really love the Inear toys so I'm glad to see some refreshing versions and maybe some new tools to come ! :)
Wonder if it will load Oxymore presets - I made some presets for it a while back and would like not to have both on my system if they are identical (Pity, I paid for Oxymore)
I also paid for Oxymore (I own all Inear Display products), I see it like a financial support for the developper to keep creating great glitch tools. I'm not disappointed by the fact that Hysterisis comes free, instead I'm glad that Inear keeps working on new stuff for all of us and that our support helps ! :)

I really wanted to give this a test drive last night, but by the time I had done everything I had to do it was late and I was too tired.

Maybe tonight, or if not I'll see what I can do at the weekend.

Return to “Effects”