Released Dark and Light theme for Blue Cat Audio's Patchwork

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

billcarroll wrote:We need to use the skins folder in documents or the skin will be overwritten with each release of the plugin we install.
Good point actually.
If you are able to load the skin by copying it to resource files, then just make sure "Use the global skin" is checked. It should work.
That's the problem. As soon as I select Global Skin it automatically loads the old skin again.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

billcarroll wrote:We need to use the skins folder in documents or the skin will be overwritten with each release of the plugin we install.
Very good point. I installed a beta version today and it deleted everything in that folder. Scary, good that I have a backup copy. I never thought it would do that. Thanks for pointing it out. Version 1.4 is around the corner. I will update the skin for 1.4 and the installation to "Documents" folder.

Anyone willing to help me on installation instructions for Mac? I will appreciate it very much. Please PM me or post in this thread.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

If you are able to load the skin by copying it to resource files, then just make sure "Use the global skin" is checked. It should work.
That's the problem. As soon as I select Global Skin it automatically loads the old skin again.
Which xml file do you have under Menu > Global settings > General tab > Skin file path?

Use Global skin option will always load what you have in the above setting. If you just use option Set preset skin to load one of my theme and then click on "Use global skin" it will load the default skin. It happened to me today, so I think you might have the same problem. Please check and let me know.
Website | Portfolio

Updated skins for version 1.4 is ready for download at BlueCatAudio's website:

http://www.bluecataudio.com/Skins/Produ ... SatYatunes

Thanks to billcarroll for testing and providing installation steps for Mac users.
Website | Portfolio

I am on windows and still have no clue how and where to install this...

rasmusklump wrote:I am on windows and still have no clue how and where to install this...
Short and quick answer is, you need to copy the entire thing (do not rename the folder) to the following:
C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\Blue Cat Audio\Blue Cat's PatchWork\Skins

There is an installation guide included in the package. Follow the steps outlined in the guide. If you still has problem then reply here. I check this thread regularly.
Website | Portfolio

There is an installation guide included in the package. Follow the steps outlined in the guide. If you still has problem then reply here. I check this thread regularly.
That´s not right. In the latest Version there is no installation guide included.Only the skin files.

I have the problem that patchwork not remembering your skin. I change the skin with "Set Preset Skin"
After closing the host and reloading the patchwork plugin it still shows the default skin.

In the latest 1.3 version it worked fine. Do you know what´s going on?
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

satYatunes wrote:Updated skins for version 1.4 is ready for download at BlueCatAudio's website:

http://www.bluecataudio.com/Skins/Produ ... SatYatunes

Thanks to billcarroll for testing and providing installation steps for Mac users.
Glad I could help, even in such a small way. You've done some excellent work on these skins, so thank you!
Bitwig Certified Trainer

echopark wrote:
That´s not right. In the latest Version there is no installation guide included.Only the skin files.
I just downloaded the package to check. The installation file is named "st_installation.txt" and is available within "satYatunes-Theme" folder.
echopark wrote: I have the problem that patchwork not remembering your skin. I change the skin with "Set Preset Skin"
After closing the host and reloading the patchwork plugin it still shows the default skin.

In the latest 1.3 version it worked fine. Do you know what´s going on?
"Set Preset Skin" allow to load a skin temporarily during a session. It will not load the same skin next time. If you want to set this skin as default so that it shows every time you open the plugin, follow the steps below:

- Open Blue Cat Audio Patchwork plugin and go to Menu | Global Settings ... | Skin file path
- Click the Browse button and select one of the skins
- Click OK to close the Global Settings window
- Go to Menu again and select "Use Global Skin".

Please note, this needs to be done for both versions of the plugin, Patchwork and Patchwork Synth. Reply here if you need further help.
Website | Portfolio

Thanks satYatunes,
now it works fine. :)

I didn´t see the install file when I first looked in the folder. I think it was in a different location in the last version of your skin.

Great job on this skin !!!!
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

n/m
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

echopark wrote:Thanks satYatunes,
now it works fine. :)

I didn´t see the install file when I first looked in the folder. I think it was in a different location in the last version of your skin.

Great job on this skin !!!!
I am glad that it's working for you. Enjoy the skin.
Website | Portfolio

Hi satYa.

I really love your skins, but they are missing the Bypass and Show Editor buttons when hovering over a loaded plugin. Any chance of implementing this?

-Ben :)

Hi Ben,
Thanks for reporting. I would take a look at it asap. Please watch this thread for updates.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote:Hi Ben,
Thanks for reporting. I would take a look at it asap. Please watch this thread for updates.
Hi again, did you manage to take a look at it? :)

Return to “Effects”