Released Dark and Light theme for Blue Cat Audio's Patchwork

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Brother Charles wrote:Great work, sat! Your new skin design looks terrific. Thanks very much.
Glad that you like it. Thanks.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Blue Cat should give you a promotion. You helped me decide to buy it :)

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Holy crap these skins look fantastic.

Blue Cat Audio should hire you to redo the UI for all of their plugins. I think their sales would go through the roof.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:Blue Cat Audio should hire you to redo the UI for all of their plugins. I think their sales would go through the roof.
+1

I love BlueCat but always unimpressed with their GUI's.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Is there any way to set the skin as default? Every time I load up the plugin it always opens up with the old BC skin.

/C
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:Is there any way to set the skin as default? Every time I load up the plugin it always opens up with the old BC skin.

/C
I think I''m having the same or similar issue on the Mac.

I've set the preset skin to one of the new skins, then I've set that as default. However, I have to click on the preset window and select default every time I open Patchwork to see the new skin.

Also, these skins are loaded into the actual VST skins folder?

Shouldn't the location for skins on OSX be in the documents folder skins location?

Code: Select all

/Users/username/Documents/Blue Cat Audio/Blue Cat's PatchWork/Skins/
Bitwig Certified Trainer

This is very interesting, and has got me looking at Patchwork again. Could a Patchwork user please tell me how this may be used differently than MUX, ImageLine's MiniHost or VSTForx? Do all of these essentially do the same thing? Thanks!

satYatunes wrote:So here it is...
Excellent choice of color. I really like the light one. Good work.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

DrGonzo wrote:Is there any way to set the skin as default? Every time I load up the plugin it always opens up with the old BC skin.

/C
1. Click on Menu > Global Settings > Browse and select the skin
2. Make sure "Use global skin" is checked
Website | Portfolio

billcarroll wrote:

/C
I think I''m having the same or similar issue on the Mac.

I've set the preset skin to one of the new skins, then I've set that as default. However, I have to click on the preset window and select default every time I open Patchwork to see the new skin.

Also, these skins are loaded into the actual VST skins folder?

Shouldn't the location for skins on OSX be in the documents folder skins location?

Code: Select all

I haven't tested the skin using "Documents" folder, I will do that tonight and get back to you. Make sure you have "Use global skin" checked in the menu, otherwise it will open the default skin.
Website | Portfolio

Thank you all for liking the skin and your kind comments. Means a lot to me. :hug:
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote:

/C
1. Click on Menu > Global Settings > Browse and select the skin
2. Make sure "Use global skin" is checked
This fixed my issue.

Would be great to have this in the included instructions, along with a clear file path for OSX and Windows.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Nope - this really doesn't work for me.

I hope you take this as constructive criticism but the documentation is really not that clear on where to put the files.
Nope. Gives me errors.
Copy the folder and the 5 files (basically everything) to "Skins" folder of your PatchWork plug-in folder
Where is this folder located? Not in my VST folder. Nor among my AUs.

The only way I found out how the skin could load was by opening the resource file of the VST and put the skin files in the Skins folder in there. Then it loads just fine, but then I cannot make the skin default.

It's always like this with skins. Just problems :(

/C

Sorry guys, I don't have a Mac so not aware of the file structure, hence couldn't provide instructions. I will ask BlueCat Audio team if they can help me with this.

@DrGonzo: If you are able to load the skin by copying it to resource files, then just make sure "Use the global skin" is checked. It should work.

I tried the "Documents" folder on Windows. It complained of missing files when I tried to load it first time. The reason being I didn't include some files in my package because those are common between default and my skin. Basically, I didn't make any change to those files. After copying the missing files, it worked.

I wouldn't recommend using the "Documents" folder because when you browse for additional skins it takes you straight to the skins folder to make it easy to choose a skin. The user doesn't have to browse to the documents folder hence saving a few mouse clicks :-). I hope it clarifies.
Website | Portfolio

We need to use the skins folder in documents or the skin will be overwritten with each release of the plugin we install.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Return to “Effects”