SlickEQ "Gentleman's Edition" - Released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR VOS SlickEQ GE

FabienTDR wrote:
Endor-8o8 wrote:
FabienTDR wrote:our next compressor..
These three words sound like a sweet melody to my hears... :D
Well, in fact, it's more about: "our next compressors" ;)

More info here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0&t=415465
Where's the Genius of Bootsy?
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Hey Valerian,

Tokyo Dawn Labs and Variety of Sound are still two independent "companies". SlickEQ (and its derivatives) was a collaboration and we'll repeat this sooner or later for sure. However, not every TDL product will have a VOS stamp.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

FabienTDR wrote:Hey Valerian,

Tokyo Dawn Labs and Variety of Sound are still two independent "companies". SlickEQ (and its derivatives) was a collaboration and we'll repeat this sooner or later for sure. However, not every TDL product will have a VOS stamp.
So it's kind of Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle here.
Vlad from Tokyo Dawn Labs

btw, here's another interesting anecdote!

Found in my inbox today:
Dear Sir or Madam i bought your VST last night and was wondering if there is any chance i could get the license file in the following name: HY2ROG3N AUDIO LLC

I ould be very very grateful as PayPal wont change my name to a business name and i will have to make a new account which i really don't have the time to, its a small request that i hope that you will support.

I hope to hear from you soon and once again thank you for reading this email.
Lol, for a second, I took this seriously... ;)
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

LoL...
My favorite...
Oxford Type II

<TDRVOSSlickEQGE lowBandGainParam="0.0" lowBandFreqParam="80" lowBandShapeParam="Off" lowBandLagParam="Off" midBandGainParam="0.0" midBandFreqParam="500" midBandShapeParam="On" highBandGainParam="0.0" highBandFreqParam="7994" highBandShapeParam="On" eqModelParam="British" eqSatParam="On" lpBypassParam="On" lpFreqParam="30010" lpModeParam="Steep" hpBypassParam="On" hpFreqParam="10" hpModeParam="Normal" tiltFreqParam="650" tiltValueParam="0.0" tiltBypassParam="On" tiltTypeParam="Normal" outSatModelParam="Excited" outSatDriveParam="15.0" outGainParam="0.0" bypassParam="Off" modeParam="Stereo" lowBandBypassParam="Off" midBandBypassParam="Off" highBandBypassParam="Off" autoGainParam="On"/>

Edit on 1081 Much closer ...
<TDRVOSSlickEQGE lowBandGainParam="0.0" lowBandFreqParam="56" lowBandShapeParam="Off" lowBandLagParam="Off" midBandGainParam="0.0" midBandFreqParam="270" midBandShapeParam="Off" highBandGainParam="0.0" highBandFreqParam="8187" highBandShapeParam="On" eqModelParam="British" eqSatParam="On" lpBypassParam="On" lpFreqParam="40000" lpModeParam="Steep" hpBypassParam="On" hpFreqParam="10" hpModeParam="Normal" tiltFreqParam="650" tiltValueParam="0.0" tiltBypassParam="On" tiltTypeParam="Normal" outSatModelParam="Silky" outSatDriveParam="18.0" outGainParam="0.0" bypassParam="Off" modeParam="Stereo" lowBandBypassParam="Off" midBandBypassParam="Off" highBandBypassParam="Off" autoGainParam="Off"/>

The curves are crazy on 1081.
You will need: Hi-Mid selector (with 8.2 will cut-boost American), Low-Mid selector boost British, and cut with German.
Hi and Low shelves with German with use of Tilt on 4db, plus both shelves to make that "S" slope.

Well this is something like German in Italian shoes. :D

Don't touch EQ Sat or Harmonics calibration, others are free to experiment...
Last edited by xtrax on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

xtrax wrote:LoL...
My favorite...
Oxford Type II

<>

Don't touch EQ Sat or Harmonics calibration, others are free to experiment...
BRING 'EM ON !!
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

aMUSEd wrote:I wasn't, the serious point of my post is the name sucks, I personally would not feel comfortable supporting a product that appears to target only half the population (however tongue in cheekedly that may be presented).
Wow...this is what happens when a developer/company uses sarcasm or tries to make a light joke. I guess you weren't so aMUSEd, eh?

I find nothing wrong with the name of this plugin, for the simple fact that the audio engineering field is vastly dominated by the male population. That is the truth and no one here would dare argue with this statement with money on the line.

deft_bonz wrote:An in-EQ-shop where you can buy different EQ-models. Better: you have to rent the EQ-models and pay per hour :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's interesting how such models work in the game industry generating lotsa money, but in the music business, you'd be out of business before you even start it.
It's pretty amazing how, when illegal actions have consequences (game piracy), people actually PAY for usage of something people put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into. Read this article:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/182010/x ... anned.html

imagine if people had their internet connections cut for pirating. No refunds. You have the option of paying up if you want your internet back on.

AudioGuy720 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I wasn't, the serious point of my post is the name sucks, I personally would not feel comfortable supporting a product that appears to target only half the population (however tongue in cheekedly that may be presented).
Wow...this is what happens when a developer/company uses sarcasm or tries to make a light joke. I guess you weren't so aMUSEd, eh?

I find nothing wrong with the name of this plugin, for the simple fact that the audio engineering field is vastly dominated by the male population. That is the truth and no one here would dare argue with this statement with money on the line.
My response was in a satyrical fashion (by asking if they were bringing out a pink version next) because I recognised that the name was somewhat tongue in cheek. Pity some people didn't get the humour. However you have hit the nail on the head, the fact that the music industry is so male dominated is precisely the problem, however tongue in cheek why should people make products with names that appear (even if that is not intentional) to just target that population?

Next (linear phase) EQ should be called "Pin-us EQ".

That way it will ONLY hint of its pin-sharp preciseness and will NOT be aimed towards specific gender.

:lol:
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:Next (linear phase) EQ should be called "Pin-us EQ".

That way it will ONLY hint of its pin-sharp preciseness and will NOT be aimed towards specific gender.

It did occur to me that one could start a whole line of todger-ware, instead of a Facebook like people could only download the product if they sent in photographic *proof* of having a gentleman. :)

^^ some of us would get smaller discounts than others :(

Wow, this topic has gone haywire :nutter:

I was just kidding, o/c. maybe we'll ask Fabien to change his name cause it might hint of him doing secret promotion for FabFilter ?!... come on, guys, get real :roll:
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:Wow, this topic has gone haywire :nutter:

I was just kidding
You think I wasn't?

Indeed - talk about completely missing a joke!

**WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH**

He's even brought out the pathetic rolling eyes...

Anyway, as for the plug-in, it's an excellent EQ by these two collaborators and I'm enjoying using it very much.

Return to “Effects”