Youlean Freq-Balancer VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Youlean Freq-Balancer

bduffy wrote:So is this simply EQ? Multiband? What is this doing to the audio (without giving away any secrets)?
Only thing that affects audio is 7 band EQ.

isnt this basically a limited "match EQ" ?
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

I've blind tested this on a few of my semi finished tracks and I seem to constantly pick the Youlean version of a track afterward. I must say, I am mighty impressed with the concept, and so far mighty impressed with the execution.

So far, the only thing I could suggest for future updates is more presets (though I am still enjoying the 4 provided), and perhaps a suggested auto gain after the Learn so that the volume ends up comparable to before. I find I am consistently adding about 6 to 9dB after Learn.

Great plugin!
A heaping dose of outrageously goofy synth tracks, scores and chiptunes.

https://raddlandstudios.com
https://youtube.com/NorrinRadd22

realmarco wrote:isnt this basically a limited "match EQ" ?
Yes, but it is made to be used for mastering purposes.

Norrin_Radd wrote:I've blind tested this on a few of my semi finished tracks and I seem to constantly pick the Youlean version of a track afterward. I must say, I am mighty impressed with the concept, and so far mighty impressed with the execution.

So far, the only thing I could suggest for future updates is more presets (though I am still enjoying the 4 provided), and perhaps a suggested auto gain after the Learn so that the volume ends up comparable to before. I find I am consistently adding about 6 to 9dB after Learn.

Great plugin!
I have experimented with peak normalisation, and loudness normalisation. In the end, I decided to not include it. I will think about this again.
What presets would you like to see?

Well so far Warm and Warm Club have both produced really favourable results for me when I set the mix knob to 50%.

I am not entirely sure what thought processes go in to producing and mastering audio, so I don't really know what different presets would look like. I guess if there are other genres that have common techniques for mastering, those would make cool presets. Like perhaps audio for certain types of playback devices or mediums. Such as TV quality audio standards, movie quality audio standards, iPhone quality audio standards, stadium quality audio standards etc. Whenever I am trying to mix for these, I have no idea how boomy, tinny or muddy they will sound in their native playback scenarios. But I have to believe somewhere in holly wood they just know, "For the version of the movie that goes to theatres, have this specific frequency range boosted, this one cut... ... then it will sound perfect in most theatres"

Perhaps some other genres of music and common styles from different eras. Again, I don't know much about the mastering process, but I have a feeling there were standards in the 80s that are different than standards now. Or even down to specific bands.

Ever since I first heard of the app called Har-Bal, I always wondered if you could scan a track and gain it's frequency balance as sort of a template, then run other audio through it to try and match that particular balance scheme. Do you think Freq could ever create presets based off analysis or a loaded in track?
A heaping dose of outrageously goofy synth tracks, scores and chiptunes.

https://raddlandstudios.com
https://youtube.com/NorrinRadd22

Norrin_Radd wrote:Well so far Warm and Warm Club have both produced really favourable results for me when I set the mix knob to 50%.

I am not entirely sure what thought processes go in to producing and mastering audio, so I don't really know what different presets would look like. I guess if there are other genres that have common techniques for mastering, those would make cool presets. Like perhaps audio for certain types of playback devices or mediums. Such as TV quality audio standards, movie quality audio standards, iPhone quality audio standards, stadium quality audio standards etc. Whenever I am trying to mix for these, I have no idea how boomy, tinny or muddy they will sound in their native playback scenarios. But I have to believe somewhere in holly wood they just know, "For the version of the movie that goes to theatres, have this specific frequency range boosted, this one cut... ... then it will sound perfect in most theatres"

Perhaps some other genres of music and common styles from different eras. Again, I don't know much about the mastering process, but I have a feeling there were standards in the 80s that are different than standards now. Or even down to specific bands.

Ever since I first heard of the app called Har-Bal, I always wondered if you could scan a track and gain it's frequency balance as sort of a template, then run other audio through it to try and match that particular balance scheme. Do you think Freq could ever create presets based off analysis or a loaded in track?
I have analysed some disco tracks from 80s, and they have similar balance to a "Club" preset.
I will think about TV and movie.
I could make balance matching function. I will see if this is possible.

Hello and congratulations, it is an interesting plugin and could have a big impact if it did exactly what the description says. I've tried it but I'm not able to get good results, but this is perhaps my very poor skills and maybe even from my insecurity. About insecurity, you do not think that the choices to be made by the user are too many? if the user does not have the ability to act properly on the balance of his song, why give him a chance to judge the final result and modify it? Thanks in advance, and excuse any spelling errors, English is not my primary language

dedaluz100 wrote:Hello and congratulations, it is an interesting plugin and could have a big impact if it did exactly what the description says. I've tried it but I'm not able to get good results, but this is perhaps my very poor skills and maybe even from my insecurity. About insecurity, you do not think that the choices to be made by the user are too many? if the user does not have the ability to act properly on the balance of his song, why give him a chance to judge the final result and modify it? Thanks in advance, and excuse any spelling errors, English is not my primary language
Thanks! Why do you think that your results with this plugin are not good?
There will be LITE version of this plugin, so it will be much easier to use it...

Cool plugin.

I have Har-Bal and this does a similar job but this is easier and realtime.

Good job and thanks.

:Ron
:tu:

Return to “Effects”