Yet another Waves license horror story

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thread is KVR approved :hihi:

It's just a discussion, with some people who are divided and some strong opinions :shrug:

Anyways, good luck to all of your endeavorers.

skitchy wrote:@woodsdenis
Yeah, it was a bit weird, but I'll try to explain without the jokes :)
I got a 'no licenses found message'. I opened the License manager and found that there were now 2 devices listed - both the same computer but with different 'IDs' (strings of random characters). The one listed as 'connected' now contained no licenses, and all my licenses were stuck on the 'unconnected' phantom 'computer' that had suddenly appeared out of nowhere.
So I was stuck because how was I supposed to connect 'my computer' back to 'my computer' (if you see what I mean). The licenses were effectively locked to a machine ID that had ceased to exist (due to a glitch in the software I presume).
I hope that makes sense.
Yep I get you, are you on windows ? Did you report this to Waves ? If so what did the reply to an obvious error in their software.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Yes Windows 7 x64. I emailed Waves, but I very much doubt it will have any effect on their decision to use this sort of bizarre copy 'protection'.

I had a problem with my licenses once (they disappeared as well), emailed Waves and they gave me a phone call. In a few minutes I was up and running. Best customer support I've seen ever. We're sellling our licenses for personal reasons but our experience with this company is flawless. Also, their WUP policy is not good for us because we have strict laws when purchasing stuff via Internet per-year in Venezuela (we can only spend $300 per-year/per-person/entity) so you should guess it's not viable for our bussiness.

woodsdenis wrote:
skitchy wrote:@woodsdenis
Yeah, it was a bit weird, but I'll try to explain without the jokes :)
I got a 'no licenses found message'. I opened the License manager and found that there were now 2 devices listed - both the same computer but with different 'IDs' (strings of random characters). The one listed as 'connected' now contained no licenses, and all my licenses were stuck on the 'unconnected' phantom 'computer' that had suddenly appeared out of nowhere.
So I was stuck because how was I supposed to connect 'my computer' back to 'my computer' (if you see what I mean). The licenses were effectively locked to a machine ID that had ceased to exist (due to a glitch in the software I presume).
I hope that makes sense.
Yep I get you, are you on windows ? Did you report this to Waves ? If so what did the reply to an obvious error in their software.
Hi,
I know what is your problem, since I had the same one very recently. A Waves guy had to look on my computer from his computer. He found out that I have a virtual Ethernet software in my computer that keeps changing my MAC address regularly. Since I transferred my licenses on my computer, after the MAC address was changed, my licenses were offline. I already recovered them not long before that when I had this same problem and sent my licenses again on my computer. Now knowing why I kept having this problem, they allowed me to recover a second time my licenses to send them on a USB stick and avoid this in the future.

One of my licenses had expired one day before I contacted them, so I had to renew the WUP (18$) for that license to allow me a second recovery. If not, I would have to wait a year to recover again. At least, a Waves voucher of 18$ was sent to me after that, and I have bought another Waves plugin on sale using the voucher as a rebate, so it's like I didn't pay for the WUP.

To correct your problem, your only solution is to recover your licenses and put them on a USB stick. If you recover and send them again on your computer, you will eventually get the same problem.

If necessary, contact Waves and explain this problem. They should be able to help you.

I hope that helps!

The latest waves release notes talk about some of the issues people are having here.

Seems likely to me that if you can't get waves to help, then something is wrong...do you not have a wup on one of your plugs? Seems you could at least try the update and see if that helps :shrug:

Return to “Effects”