DMG Dualism

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dualism (DMG)

You got my attention.

Threw you a mail with a load of Q's, Dave.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

This looks really interesting, I wonder how it compares to Izotope Insight.

Looks interesting and useful but I think the price point of £160 (reduced from £175 for intro period) is far to high

Keith99 wrote:Looks interesting and useful but I think the price point of £160 (reduced from £175 for intro period) is far to high
I'd agree.... It's a bit pricey alright.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

If the price seems high, you could be unaware of some of the features included.
Maybe they don't matter to you now, but Dualism is cheaper than most plugins
that do nothing but ITU1770 loudness measurement. It's cheaper than most plugins
that give you 3d visualisation. It's cheaper than buying a suite of stereo analysers.
It's cheaper than buying all the stereo tools you'd otherwise need to do the same job.

Dualism offers everything in one unified solution. You get a phenomenal number of features.

And best of all (hi Compyfox) if there's something you feel is missing, we'll be adding it.

We set out to make the definitive platform for stereo manipulation and analysis.

NOTHING WILL STOP US!
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

^^^^This, exactly!!!

GO DAVE GO!!!!!!!

There will always be some jackass complaining about the price of a plugin, I've seen it happen even with plugins priced 50$ or less. I'll never forget the kid wanting fabfilter to sell their plugins for 20$ each. :lol:

I wouldn't say it's too expensive. As analysers go this seems well equipped and priced below comparable products (as Dave pointed out). It may be possible however that some of us (on KVR, yours truly included), don't use such an analyser to its fullest, and therefor can't justify the price tag.

Keith99 wrote:Looks interesting and useful but I think the price point of £160 (reduced from £175 for intro period) is far to high
Are you joking? Looks great, seems to have similar features to iZotope Insight (plus all the stereo manipulation stuff) at half the price, so will definitely be demoing it!

150 quid (intro price plus I own EQuilibrium already) for a professional tool that will pay for itself in less than a day seems like a no brainer. :D

The price very much feels like its aimed towards mastering engineers. Does look like a great product, but the price puts it a bit out of my personal comfort zone for such a tool. I have great freeware M/S tools like Voxengo MSED as well as the likes of the freeware Flux Stereo Tool with its zippy phase scope, though obviously none of them have the advanced metering or 3D visual display of this thing.

Another fine polished product though, good job. Out of interest, are the high pass filters minimum or linear phase, or selectable between the two?
Arksun
Music Producer | Sound Designer
www.arksun-sound.com

Minimum phase.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Arksun wrote:The price very much feels like its aimed towards mastering engineers. Does look like a great product, but the price puts it a bit out of my personal comfort zone for such a tool.
Think in be in the same boat here to be honest. Plus, I use Ozone advanced which suits the way I work.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Nice software but the price isn't geared towards the average bedroom producer or hobbyist musician.
I see it aimed more for professional mastering, broadcast houses.

Dave prices his plugins higher than most but you won't find plugins with anywhere near the amount of features as what's in Dave's. Instead of releasing a new compressor every few months he goes quiet for over a year then brings out a plugin with every compressor in it and controls to build your own same thing for Equilibrium everything you want in an EQ in one plugin with options to make it look and have what you want.

I Like the price reduction for each plugin owned it's a nice reward for loyalty makes me feel like a valued customer. I won't buy it yet there's a couple of plugins I already have my eye on but eventually I want Dualism.

Kaboom75 wrote:Dave prices his plugins higher than most but you won't find plugins with anywhere near the amount of features as what's in Dave's. Instead of releasing a new compressor every few months he goes quiet for over a year then brings out a plugin with every compressor in it and controls to build your own same thing for Equilibrium everything you want in an EQ in one plugin with options to make it look and have what you want.

I Like the price reduction for each plugin owned it's a nice reward for loyalty makes me feel like a valued customer. I won't buy it yet there's a couple of plugins I already have my eye on but eventually I want Dualism.

Well said!
:borg:

Return to “Effects”