DMG Dualism

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dualism (DMG)

wesleyt wrote:Dave and Krzysztof,

Thanks for this excellent plugin. I'll be picking it up before the trial ends.

I might have found a bug. Logic 10.0.7 on 10.9.4, both AU (native in Logic) and VST in Patchwork. If I load loudness history in the top with the loudness meters on the bottom, the lines used to draw the meters go from thin to thick. If I swap to where the history is on the bottom, the meters are fine.

Regards,
Wes
Found and fixed for 1.01. Cheers! :)

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

DaveGamble wrote:
wesleyt wrote:Dave and Krzysztof,

Thanks for this excellent plugin. I'll be picking it up before the trial ends.

I might have found a bug. Logic 10.0.7 on 10.9.4, both AU (native in Logic) and VST in Patchwork. If I load loudness history in the top with the loudness meters on the bottom, the lines used to draw the meters go from thin to thick. If I swap to where the history is on the bottom, the meters are fine.

Regards,
Wes
Found and fixed for 1.01. Cheers! :)

Dave.
That was fast. Thank you, sir!
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

Ok, so info - I have no idea what "blackflag" is :). Anyway it's Win 7 64, tested in Reaper 32 (latest). i7 3.6GHz, 8GB DDR, everything on SSDs... GPU is ATI Radeon, not sure which one exactly, but I know ATI stuff sucks...full of bugs. Anyway our sonograms work here like charm. To me it looks like scheduling WM_PAINT - e.g. if you'd call InvalidateRect from WM_PAINT, or call it say 100x per seconds, this looks like the behaviour you'd get. But I'm just guessing of course.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Compyfox wrote:
Now imagine what could be possible in future, unpaid updates.
I can imagine:
- different meter types
- Multi Channel FFT (think Melda Production or Blue Cat Audio)
- more M/S tools like a "Mono Maker"
- custom phase rotation (not just 90°)
- Logging Capabilities
- who knows if certain "loudness normalisation features" will be built in
Hey Compy, I thought this plugin would be of interest to you :)

A monomaker is essentially just an HPF on the sides, leaving the low end only in the mid channel. Not only does Dualism already do this but having the ability to feed arbitrary amounts of the mid or side channel into one another and blending treatments using the A/B crossfader allows a staggering amount of stereo control.

This plugin can replace Sonalksis stereo tools, DR MS, MSED, Smexoscope and SPAN all at once! Some more oscilloscope options and a vu meter would be welcome here but I'm pretty sure Dave will happily add anything that shows merit :)

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Can already set the main meters to VU ballistics (among many others).

What it REALLY needs, to fully replace MSED, is a polarity/true phase 180 degree switch. Sometimes various gear or plugins swap this without telling you, and sometimes the kick just sounds better one way than the other!

Maybe it's already doable? Only played with it for an hour or so.

Hemetech,
Course it is :wink: , Input section, hit the link button between left and right on the phase line (it inverts both left and right simultaneously).

Scorb,
Have you got feature requests you didn't submit pre-release? You'll make him cry.

Melda,
>Ok, so info - I have no idea what "blackflag" is

It was the username of the chap that posted after you in this thread. Cheers for the info, I'm off hunting now so I'll report back in a bit when we've got somewhere!

Thanks all.

Hi Krzys

Yeah I was a bit late to the party and we'd moved beyond the adding features stage!

When I said VU meters, I should have added that I meant analog style. Just so I can replace Klanghelm VUMT (Dualism replaced pretty much all my other analysers already) :)

The analog style vu meters on my Lynx hilo are a joy to read. They have unusual ballistics and appear to me to be a smoothed and scaled peak response blended with a slower more rms like signal. Very cool because you can perceive short term peaks as well as the more musical swell of the signal at a glance. Being able to blend analysis signals for an analog vu struck me as a great extra option in Dualism.

For the oscilloscope it would be great to have an option whereby a snapshot of the waveform updated to a user specified bpm / beat division. Great for crafting kick and bass interaction and I currently use s(m)exoscope for this.

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Krzysztof Oktalski wrote:Hemetech,
Course it is :wink: , Input section, hit the link button between left and right on the phase line (it inverts both left and right simultaneously)
Great, thanks! Also submitted crash report this morning.

I've sat here for hours now trying to get repro on Win7 64 - latest Reaper 32, Studio One 2, Cubase 7 64, Cubase 6 32. Not a sniff of a crash, had a little bit of lag closing the plugin UI in Reaper but it's all working great on this 6 year old machine (Q6600/Nvidia GT 610).

Dave's on a Win 7 64 laptop at the moment, and seems to of found some little things. Thanks for the crash report Hermetech, we're still in need of as many crash logs/dumps/reports as possible at the moment.

...oh, whilst I'm sat here typing he's just having an epiphany, so...fingers crossed...

... and as regards that epiphany, v1.01 out now. :)
Hopefully, this'll get it. Do let me know what's fixed and what's not. :)

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

I have question with this 2 inputs
The idea is to have a mastered track as a reference track for comparing loudness etc.?
Comes the second input (where the reference track must be set) from a running instance of Dualism or is this from the input pair provided in the channel (also used for sidechain; so it needs at least eg. a quadro group in Cubase for the VST2 version)?

You've got it, you can disable the second channel entirely though. In Cubase you'd need to set up a quad bus or use the VST3 and use the sidechain.

Really liking this thus far. Some great ideas for a utility tool on steroids. Can be used on almost anything.

Krzysztof Oktalski wrote:You've got it, you can disable the second channel entirely though. In Cubase you'd need to set up a quad bus or use the VST3 and use the sidechain.
Ok ;)
Another question (or a feature request)... there is only a HP filter to cut from the sides/mids.
Brainworx has this amazing "mono maker" in the bx_digital EQ (quoted from the manual):
"The Mono-Maker will cut off bass-frequencies of the Side-Signal
(S-channel) and will compensate this automatically in the
Mid-Section (M) of the stereo mix with a dedicated shelving EQ in the mono-sum."

Add such feature ;)

It already has it, it's the HPF for the side channel. HPFing the side will mono the bass.

Return to “Effects”