Waves StudioRack

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

frankz00 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
antithesist wrote:To put things in perspective, I'm more excited about that than studiorack.
Maybe if you tried loading Sausage fattner into StudioRack... :D
LOL! Good one!
LOL, indeed!

I think I shoulda had pizza for dinner like hibidy instead the chili dogs, though.

Sonic had a 50 cent* corn dog day in the spring and I had two for lunch and two for dinner... probably won't be doing that again, either.

*shot nine time

R2 studiorack installed, but I haven't tested it yet.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

I can imagine Waves eventually releasing Signature StudioRack presets. It'd be a good move on their part and would certainly be a nice gesture for any die-hard Waves fans.

Oh I see. I was under the impression this worked with non-Waves VSTs.... This appears not to be the case. If so then it's usefulness is limited IHMO. It's just not realistic to have a chain consisting of effects from just one company.

So, how's the weather.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:So, how's the weather.

.-.
HOT! :x

I'm usually a pioneer, but I don't feel like being Lewis and Clark with this plugin. Also, If it doesn't do parallel processing that kind of blows. Other than that it seems mondo cool actually. Has anybody lost their computer to this deadly plugin? :hihi:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

frankz00 wrote:Oh I see. I was under the impression this worked with non-Waves VSTs.... This appears not to be the case. If so then it's usefulness is limited IHMO. It's just not realistic to have a chain consisting of effects from just one company.
Sure it is. It makes perfects sense if you buy into Waves Mercury and that's your primary toolset.

However, here on KVR where GAS rules, I can't see how it would make much sense. :hihi:

Maybe I'm not quite understanding what StudioRack is supposed to do, but does it do anything that IL Minihost Modular doesn't do (for free)? In terms of paid software, doesn't VSTForx do this, as well (with several other very cool features)?

Thanks!

bharris22 wrote:Maybe I'm not quite understanding what StudioRack is supposed to do, but does it do anything that IL Minihost Modular doesn't do (for free)? In terms of paid software, doesn't VSTForx do this, as well (with several other very cool features)?

Thanks!
All it does is allow waves users to save chains. For example, you might want to have a preset that is H EQ, and H comp. You can save that, and then that preset is there for other hosts.

It's not groundbreaking. And if are working in let's say "live" this is something you can already do. But you can't use a live group in reaper. It's just a nifty tool.

I'll be f.. all if I can get either of the installers to work :evil:

This was buggy on release and it still crashes like nobodies business here (vst3 Reaper 64 bit W10). Anyone else finding this?
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Haven't had much problems with it. I haven't used it that much either though.
No signature here!

do_androids_dream wrote:This was buggy on release and it still crashes like nobodies business here (vst3 Reaper 64 bit W10). Anyone else finding this?
Did you try the VST2 version yet?

Admittedly Blue Cats's solution is seemingly better, more sophisticated.

The StudioRack is designed to run SoundGrid compatible plugins. So asides from many Waves plugins being compatible, it will also run Flux and some Plugin Alliance plugins. Other developers have been slow to take it on.

The reason why it is designed for SoundGrid is so it integrates directly with their hardware, allowing the plugins to run on DSP, instead of Natively.

The real merit to using StudioRack for this is that if for some reason your Studio/DigiGrid hardware is unavailable it will still allow the plugins to run natively, opening your options up.

The fact there is only a small selection of non-Waves plugins that will run in StudioRack does make it very limiting. I only hope more developers will enter into the fray.

I'm also hoping for a mix knob to allow for easy parallel processing tasks. That would make it a bit more useful.

soulone82 wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:This was buggy on release and it still crashes like nobodies business here (vst3 Reaper 64 bit W10). Anyone else finding this?
Did you try the VST2 version yet?
Yes.. just as buggy unfortunately. It's a real bloody shame :(
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Return to “Effects”