Is Waves NS1 as impressive as it looks?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just watched the video and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with it. Is it worth the money or can the same be achieved by another method?

I have SoundForge's Noise Suppressor but I found it not very clear to use and it's only post process.

In before "download the demo" disclaimer: Yes I know I can download the demo but I am also looking for answers as to whether it can be recreated with another effect (i.e. compressor, EQ, etc tricks) or whether there is something that does the job better or has some other advantage (cheaper, no dongle, etc).

Used it and loved it.
Soooooo easy to use.

Just waiting for a no-brainer price to snap it up.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

It's on sale. You can get it at other sites even cheaper so unless you want it in the market place, I wouldn't hold my breath on it getting any cheaper.

Hi.
I have Waves NS1 and W43.
I have good results using both of them.
When I put alone NS1 too mutch - there are a lot of sound artifacts.
Combining W43 before NS1 really rocks :tu:
+++ ZERO LATENCY :party:

As alternative of this pair I see only Steinberg DeNoiser (sorry I don't have any noise killers :? )
It is very close to Sonnox DeNoiser.
Anyway Steinberg DeNoiser comes with WaveLab Elements 8 Trial Windows Installer and works on Cubase 6/7 :hyper:
minus: 1200 samples latency :cry:
Last edited by krandr on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks guys! This is just what I was looking for. I'm kind of waiting on a no-brainer price too. It takes time but usually it comes around. I got the Kramer Tape for $30 which I say wasn't a bad deal at all!

hibidy wrote:It's on sale. You can get it at other sites even cheaper so unless you want it in the market place, I wouldn't hold my breath on it getting any cheaper.
I vaguely recall it being $49 at one point. I'm still kicking myself for not picking it up then.

Are they starting a new series, One Fader Only?

krandr wrote:When I put alone NS1 too match - there are a lot of sound artifacts.
Agreed.
I found the solution is to use two and even three NS1 instances with low to medium settings.

Return to “Effects”