Eqing similar to the Clariphonic/BBE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi to all,
I want to create an FX similar to the Kush Clariphonic, I already been somewhere near with some parallel eq and distortion blended together with the original signal but it sound harsh sometimes...
Does anyone tried this other than me? Some hints?
Cheers,
Mauro.
God save the Groove!

depends on what u used

dunno about clariphonic but the BBE is pretty much a reverse engineered aphex "Aural exciter"

Usually DAWs have an "exciter" included with the stock plugins
for

returning to plugin combos

possibly the distortion u used is not the right one in terms of harmonic distortion
tube stuff is "even" harmonic disto
and guitar pedals are 3rd harmonic disto

u have to use some filtering too, i don't think the effect is a single band disto on everything

have u tried overdrive instead of distortion ? there is a difference !

for the bass boosting i recommend Waves R-bass,dunno if its still available but waves offered it as freeware awhile back.
but i think its was a one time thing. there is probably a freeware clone somewhere.
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

The clariphonic is a parallel equalizer I'm sure of this so I've tried to recreate this behavior but, as you said, I've not the right saturator with me!
I'll try with some other that I have (like the Klanghelm or Ableton Saturator)...
God save the Groove!

You might want to try Henry Olonga's AIR bundle. It's fantastic and it was not only mentioned once in forums that it even outperforms the plugin-version of the original, which I can't confirm cause I did not have a chance to try the original yet. The complete Air-bundle costs as little as £10, so one almost can't go wrong to try this out (single functions can be even found for as little as 1£). You need the full version of Nebula though.
Maybe this helps.

Thanks but I don't want to use nebula.
I've tried the demo and it mess up my system, too resource hungry even for my 3930k...
God save the Groove!

rhino123 wrote:You might want to try Henry Olonga's AIR bundle. It's fantastic and it was not only mentioned once in forums that it even outperforms the plugin-version of the original, which I can't confirm cause I did not have a chance to try the original yet. The complete Air-bundle costs as little as £10, so one almost can't go wrong to try this out (single functions can be even found for as little as 1£). You need the full version of Nebula though.
Maybe this helps.
Just used it(HO Air) on the master buss after the Fairchild its a bless very smooth .

Here is a new one:
http://vladgsound.wordpress.com/plugins/nova67p/

It is free parallel EQ with compression.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_svPPuivJt4
Nova-67P is a parallel parametric equalizer plugin combined with a compressor. The compressor can optionally operate in frequency dependent and split-band modes. In this case the plugin operates as a parallel dynamic equalizer.

Features:

5 bands parallel equalizer with auto-gain.
Optional high-pass and low-pass filters.
Full-band frequency dependent and/or split-band compression.
Side-chain filtering and pre-emphasis.
Third-octave real-time spectrum analysis.
External side-chain support.
64-bit internal processing.
Hardcore UI style.
Nova-67P is my submission to KVR Developer Challenge DC14! Okay, I didn’t have enough time to prepare truly “commercial looking” plugin but the concept is too cool to drop it away.

Already tried, seem really smooth, I'm reading the manual right now cause it's not so intuitive but it's great for now!
I hope in a clear GUI in the next update but yeah, for now I think I've found what I need (but if you know any other new cool tricks to sheen up a mix without sound harsh please let me know :) ).
God save the Groove!

Waves Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter is great. (not eq though)

if you have Reaktor try this one:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/co ... show/6109/

it is amazing and can be oversampled (as Reaktor offers this option in settings). It is free :)

maurone dj wrote:Thanks but I don't want to use nebula.
I've tried the demo and it mess up my system, too resource hungry even for my 3930k...
Really don't want to push you into something, but honestly speaking I think making Nebula run on your system might be the much shorter path than trying to emulate what's going on under the hood of the great clariphonic. If your system is not completely from the past you have a very good chance that it will run totally smooth after a bit of tweaking. And then there is always the option to use the great NebulaMan.
I'm not a fanboy and I'm using Nebula only for very specific tasks. But what's on your agenda is one of these things where Nebula really shines.

My system is really modern (and LGA2011 platform) but I don't want to use a plugin that introduce so much latency!
I'm sorry if I've misspelled that, I didn't mean resource but latency!
I've read the manual and I can't lower the delay introduced by this plugin...it's creamy and have a beautiful sound but I think that for my mix style I need more quick toys that help me to reach my goal shortly that beautiful sounding machines.
I find the clariphonic a great plugin to do that but it cost too much for me ATM, now that Vladg has made this beast I think I can survive!

Thanks anyway for your help rhino, maybe I will give nebula a second chance in the near future :D
God save the Groove!

Great that you found a solution which does the trick for you! The Nova-67P looks interesting, I'll also give it a try. :)

Return to “Effects”