Massey Plugins For Vst - Any Thoughts

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi There,

I guess there's been a lot of hype for Massey plugins, which was in Protools format but recently is now available for vst. Any thoughts on how good these plugins are? Still only 32 bit but I consistently see CT5 on the list of best compressors. Would you recommend CT5 as a workhorse compressor? I'm looking at that one and hoping that the revered L2007 is made available in vst format son as well. On the GS forum people say it's the bees knees on drums and vocals but want to consult the wisdom of my fellow Kvrians. Thanks guys.

AC

I'm also waiting for L2007 vst! I hope Massey is going to put out 64bit. I own CT4,CT5, tapehead and L2007. All excellent plugins!
Last edited by Lee702 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Im only familiar with them because Dave Pensado regularly grunts about them in a positive tone.
All the "pros" rave about them, so Id guess they are pretty pricey?
I will probably see what the fuss is all about if they have easy vst demos. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage

So I guess you can try out a stripped down demo of Massey CT5. It's hard to compare versus other stereo compressors though because the demo version only sums to mono. At first, I wasn't overly impressed but after listening more carefully, the compression action is very smooth and it does have a nice touch of color that sounds lovely on drums. I would not call this a completely transparent compressor even though others had described it as such. Compared to something like T-Racks opto, it is not exactly transparent as it has a bit more saturation, thickness, and color. But that saturation, thickness, and color gives the plugin a nice character that seems to really work on drums. The addition of the blend known in version 5 as well as the limiter section definitely is a great feature.

February this year I ask them if they release also the tape delay for vst.

It is on our todo list, but we are busy with AAX currently.

Please keep an eye on our website, join our e-mail list (upper right corner of our website), or check out our Facebook Page for any updates.

Cheers!

Kevin
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

I asked the same about a year ago, the answer was also the same :lol:

Honestly, Massey seems to be one of the slowest developers around.
A lot of the other smaller developers have already all their plug-ins as VST3, 64 bit, AAX, etc...
and they could not even port all their plugs to VST2 32 bit :(

Please Mr Massey, 64 bit VST.
I bought the vst bundle and then switched to 64bit
about 7 months later. I miss Tapehead, now I'm using Magneto II
from Steinberg to replace it every time I open an old session.

Why don't you use jBridge?

I use that with the vt3 EQ, and it works fine.

The freebees are actually great! The only drawback is that they only output in mono and they do not recall settings in sessions. Still no biggie. For kicks and snares, the CT5 compressor is stellar and obviously those don't need to be a stereo output.

Return to “Effects”