Overloud releases REmatrix

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

agit wrote: no other reverb compares tho and i tried all the big ones
but have you tried setting up a similar workflow with 'the big ones' - comparing something that stacks several reverbs in one plugin against the more conventional opposition seems like complaining a single violin sounds weak/thin compared to an entire string section

Well, a quick test around the block has some things I don't like

(edit, there are LP/HP filters)
-big interface
-knobs move sluggishly
-I am NOT sold on those presets!

Things I do like

-is kind on the cpu
-no dropouts
-has a pleasing sound

But it doesn't just make we want to sit there for hours playing with it. It's pretty deep though and maybe I'm missing something. I still think the hofa is the best sounding/most inspiring.
Last edited by hibidy on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

hibidy wrote:Well, a quick test around the block has some things I don't like

-no HP/LP filters
-big interface
-knobs move sluggishly
-I am NOT sold on those presets!

Things I do like

-is kind on the cpu
-no dropouts
-has a pleasing sound

But it doesn't just make we want to sit there for hours playing with it. It's pretty deep though and maybe I'm missing something. I still think the hofa is the best sounding/most inspiring.
I agree with you about the HOFA -- great convo verb -- but I think REmatrix may deserve further demoing. My (short) experience with it has been a lot of fun, and I'm afraid I can't agree with your criticisms -- there actually are HP/LP filters -- you turn the Q knobs all the way clockwise to get those. I also like the big interface, and the controls are not sluggish at all for me. Finally, a thought a lot of the presets were pretty cool. YMMV, I guess! :)

Anyway, I like how they've put together this complete reverb toolkit that combines the five different IR slots which you can blend however you like, plus effects like modulation, EQ, etc. I can see that this would be a big timesaver over setting up several separate aux tracks, each with a different reverb plugin, if that's how you normally do things.

The individual reverb sounds are fine, nothing revolutionary, about what you'd expect from a decent convo verb. But scrolling through the extensive and well-organized preset list gives you a lot of interesting sounds. Not everything is my cup of tea, but somebody put in a lot of work to get a variety of settings that work well with various instruments. For anyone who's not an expert in applying reverb, this will be a valuable educational experience.

I look forward to trying this out on more sources, but in the meantime I think it's well worth a demo for anyone interested in a new reverb tool.

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

I'll jon gruden myself :dog: I'll also edit my post :)

Out of curiosity, how does it compare to the multi band convolution of melda production ?

especially in term of handling multiple IRs with relevance and flexibility...

I'm not planning to buy it unless this is just Waves pricing. I love reverbs, but not that much.

i actually never gave HOFA a try, damn how did i miss that one?

i agree though that overloud is messing up a big opportunity with that price, now that i had a night to sleep over it my GAS for it is kind of completely gone and like hibidy mentioned OpenAIR is already amazing and gets the job done

agit wrote:i actually never gave HOFA a try, damn how did i miss that one?

i agree though that overloud is messing up a big opportunity with that price, now that i had a night to sleep over it my GAS for it is kind of completely gone and like hibidy mentioned OpenAIR is already amazing and gets the job done

True... I'm happy with the S1 reverbs and Spark verb.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I, for one, am more interested, making experimentations, in the handling of exotic impulse response, and the combination of different kind of IR, (natural spaces, microphones and cabinet, exotic IRs, etc...)

Flexibility of plugins that handles more than a single Impulse response are a crucial point for my needs, i was thinking to compare first REmatrix with Multibandconvolution...

...any other suggestion ?

Especially from some that are experiences with handling exotic IRS like Spectral Relativity (spirit Canyon Audio) or Synesthesia (Virtuasonic) or mine (at DBU Signature) ?
Last edited by Krakatau on Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it messy....sound and controls. Agreed that I don't know it well but that was the first impression.

The plugin is quite expensive (I can't afford at moment so I try the demo) but definitely deserves!

I think this will become a new standard int various studios
Last edited by Turello on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I get the "pan to the left, stereo image follows" effect on busses with this. Haven't been able to get info from the manual to have it where the stereo sound is even. Usually it's in the stereo routing or something like that.

Sounds great! .... dat price doe
Eternitysound VST Banks

agit wrote:
hibidy wrote:I'm going to demo it. It's really way too expensive but I'm still searching for a verb. Everything I try is specialized or buggy or both. If I worked in studio one more then I'd be able to just use the "open air" and hofa had issues with dropouts.

that deal is actually pretty good but yeah, atm my pockets ain't that deep to justify this purchase :x

no other reverb compares tho and i tried all the big ones
I think the Melda MultiBand convolution does and if anything their approach seems more powerful and flexible (plus a lot cheaper).

aMUSEd wrote:
agit wrote:
hibidy wrote:I'm going to demo it. It's really way too expensive but I'm still searching for a verb. Everything I try is specialized or buggy or both. If I worked in studio one more then I'd be able to just use the "open air" and hofa had issues with dropouts.

that deal is actually pretty good but yeah, atm my pockets ain't that deep to justify this purchase :x

no other reverb compares tho and i tried all the big ones
I think the Melda MultiBand convolution does and if anything their approach seems more powerful and flexible (plus a lot cheaper).
+1

except perhaps ergonomically talking...

Return to “Effects”