TBProAudio releases GainRider, the gain riding plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
GainRider

Hi TB, understood, and yes most DAW's have compensation, but we can't get a feel for the true capability of the plugin with the freeware version.

Will you please consider releasing a 7 day fully functional trial, or offer a refund policy like audio damage? I am trying to help sell your plug in here, not insult you by the way. Cheers

Hi TheoM,
TheoM wrote:Well it's interesting cause i really tried...

i opened a level vocal file and chopped it into 16 bits (over only 2 bars, so lots of little chops) and varied the clip gain on all of them.
You need to play with the "TargetLevel"-knob: just set the target level ~3dB above the local minimum of your red (control) signal. This should give noticeable gain adjustment (green line). I hope this helps :wink:

Regards
TBProAudio

I, too, believe the price point is unrealistic given the competition. And yes, I've used it as well as similar products. GainRider does what it claims to do, is no more difficult to employ than the others, and I like the graphical display. Plus I like to support new developers.

That said, MAutoVolume will likely be on sale again for $32 and holds its own in any head-to-head comparison against comparable products.

The bigger question is: do you even need a volume-riding effect at all? For a podcast, I can definitely see the value. Spoken-word editing takes more patience than I have. But for music, you can achieve better, more consistent results with conventional volume automation.

Yes the m auto volume is stupid good. It actually without the sidechain at all can completely flatline ridiculous volume differences.

I believe hornet have a pro version of their old one out now too.

That said, the looks of this one are the best, and i love the big wave display.

The dev is not really answering the full demo thing, but IS answering other stuff, so i believe he doesn't really want to do a full demo (obviously due to piracy, it couldn't be anything else), and i do understand his dilemma. I mean the one he did release is not a demo, it is non expiring, no beeping, but limited functionality freeware. So on that note, i should be saying thank you to TB also.

i opened a level vocal file and chopped it into 16 bits (over only 2 bars, so lots of little chops) and varied the clip gain on all of them.

Melda more or less evened it out, unbelievably impressive, vocal rider, meh, not very good, need to try hornet still, and i couldn't get any result out of TB pro audio at all. So i don't know if it's a demo issue or if i am doing something wrong.

The thing is, the way it is showing in real time how it reads the levels (and it IS tracking accurately), i got all excited and thought (ok this is going to be the best of the lot) - and there is a sidechain too, so on paper it's all there to be the absolute best rider.. but i fiddled with the demo provided and couldn't get any decent results.. so.. for now.. until a proper demo is provided.. pass. What can i say? I tried.
Helpful feedback, thanks.

TheoM wrote:Yes the m auto volume is stupid good. It actually without the sidechain at all can completely flatline ridiculous volume differences.

I believe hornet have a pro version of their old one out now too.

That said, the looks of this one are the best, and i love the big wave display.

The dev is not really answering the full demo thing, but IS answering other stuff, so i believe he doesn't really want to do a full demo (obviously due to piracy, it couldn't be anything else), and i do understand his dilemma. I mean the one he did release is not a demo, it is non expiring, no beeping, but limited functionality freeware. So on that note, i should be saying thank you to TB also.
That sums it up - helpful post.

... i couldn't get any result out of TB pro audio at all. So i don't know if it's a demo issue or if i am doing something wrong.
we just release a short introduction video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUjWOFSd2TY

Regards
TBProAudio

We just release a video which shows how to use GainRider with voiceover and ducking tasks very easily:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qajegtli0I

You guys know more about this stuff than
I do! How is this different than using a compressor? Thanks!
John
"B4serenity"

Gain riding keeps the loudness level steady while the 'micro' dynamic of the signal is preserved. So, no squashing of the signal as compressors do. This keeps the signal very natural.

Regards
TBProAudio

thanks!
John
"B4serenity"

Anyone using this plugin and getting it to write automation to Pro Tools (9.0.6 HD)? Feel like I must be missing something obvious.

Steps:
-In plugin, enabled automation for the Write button
-In plugin, pressed the Write button (so Idle or Read are for sure not selected)
-In Pro Tools, I'm looking at the Track -> Gainrider Automation lane (so not the Volume lane)
-Track is in Write mode (also tried Latch)
-Plugin window is open
-Play the song in the DAW
-No automation is writing

I feel like I'm must be missing some simple step.

samzilla28 wrote:Anyone using this plugin and getting it to write automation to Pro Tools (9.0.6 HD)? Feel like I must be missing something obvious.

Steps:
-In plugin, enabled automation for the Write button
-In plugin, pressed the Write button (so Idle or Read are for sure not selected)
-In Pro Tools, I'm looking at the Track -> Gainrider Automation lane (so not the Volume lane)
-Track is in Write mode (also tried Latch)
-Plugin window is open
-Play the song in the DAW
-No automation is writing

I feel like I'm must be missing some simple step.
This should work in PT 10:

(audio track with working GainRider plugin, Write enabled)

1) Show Window->Automation: select: WriteEnable Plugin (should be red)
2) Plugin: Automation->add parameter Current Gain
3) Track: show automation lane "Current Gain"
3) Track: select (automation) write
4) Start playing => lane shows recorded gain

V1.9.1 released:

adds Sync mode (DAW start/stop) and small fixes.

Update to V1.9.3:GUI update during DAW idle

Return to “Effects”