Tritik tkDelay public beta release. UNLIMITED Demo - (winXP support added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
tkDelay

Palio wrote:Ping Pong mode for mono signal or when delay times are linked. As it is in H-Delay for example. When mono signal comes in, 1st delayed is on the left, 2nd right... Also spatial control for this would be great (0-100%, 0 means mono, 100 means 100%left and right)
Hi Palio. have a look at the 'ping-pong' factory preset, you're maybe looking for that.
the trick is to mute one of the channel by using one of the 'input' gain (setting it to -inf db), and to play with the 'LR-cross' knob.

tritik wrote:yes, for windows, requirements are 7 or later.
Hi, I can confirm it works on Vista, too.

It's a nice delay, I enjoy the forward/reverse knob, and the ability to link the parameters (but an "offset" parameter would be even more awesome).
The preset browser is very good, too.

+1 for more filter types.

Also, I enjoy the GUI's colorscheme and overall feel, but, as others mentionned, i guess it could be a bit further fine-tuned for better readability (contrast, and also some GUI places are a bit "empty", and tooltips are written very small), but that's nitpicking ;)

+ interesting options (eg to put the filter LFO inside the feedback loop)
+ easy and "flat" designed interface
+ 2 delay lines with link options
+ cross settings from direct to ping ping (have not seen this with other delays)
+ preset browser
+ menu for synced values

Some missing features:
- LFO sync to tempo
- different LFO shapes (sine, square, s&h, saw,...)
- Wide parameter to set the stereo wide
- more filter types
- resonance parameter for the filter

[edit]
I see the resonance is handled by the bandwidth parameter!
Last edited by 4damind on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

sinkmusic wrote:Hi, I can confirm it works on Vista, too.
thanks, good to know :)

What is the reason that XP will be no more supported from some software producers?

I'm going to work on XP for many years.

I think there are at least 2 reasons :
1- XP is not officially supported by Microsoft itself for several months now ;
2- Since Vista, there had some changes made by Microsoft on the default resources paths and authorizations / admin rights, which seems a real pain in the xxx to maintain by developers, so keeping XP compatibility seems to be a nightmare in some cases (where additionnal GUI/Presets resources are needed).

Thanks Men, in this laptop (Windows 8 ) works but my DAW run with XP, no solutions??? o.O
Last edited by Turello on Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chris.r wrote:What is the reason that XP will be no more supported from some software producers?

Maybe because Microsoft doesn't support it anymore? XP is the new Win98 I hate to say.

I'm really impressed with this company already.

4damind wrote:Some missing features:
- LFO sync to tempo
- more filter types
Yes, it would be great with these options added.
It's a nice plugin, but I think a HP filter for the delayed signal is a must if you want to avoid mud in your mix.
Hope the developer will say something about it as a number of people already asked this question.
It's easy if you know how

arkmabat wrote:
chris.r wrote:What is the reason that XP will be no more supported from some software producers?

Maybe because Microsoft doesn't support it anymore? XP is the new Win98 I hate to say.
Why that? Just because it his obsolete?
I personally don't understand why some people intend to stay on XP (I never want to go back to it) but if they insist they have to get used to the fact that more and more current software won't run on their systems.
WindowsXP was supported by MS for over 13 years, which makes it pretty much the desktop OS with the longest support life cycle. If only due to the fact that they screwed up Vista...

lesha wrote:
- LFO sync to tempo
- more filter types
It's a nice plugin, but I think a HP filter for the delayed signal is a must if you want to avoid mud in your mix.
Hope the developer will say something about it as a number of people already asked this question.
This is on the website below key features

Apart from eventual bug fixes and small tweaks, we plan to add a few more features that should be available in the forthcoming version 1, notably :

Tap tempo
More filter types
Possibility to sync the filter lfo to the host tempo
Interactive MIDI learn
More preference settings
More factory presets

Lee702 wrote:
lesha wrote:
- LFO sync to tempo
- more filter types
This is on the website below key features

Apart from eventual bug fixes and small tweaks, we plan to add a few more features that should be available in the forthcoming version 1, notably :

Tap tempo
More filter types
Interactive MIDI learn
More preference settings
More factory presets
This is good, it seems they know that it needs a bit more features.
There are a lot excellent delays available, with long feature lists. It needs something between this with an easy to use interface with not so many parameters, but some of the most needed features. We can also speak about a modern modulation system where you can set connections with drag & drop.
At this state it's not a delay where I have much interest but if the missing features are implemented, this could be a interesting delay.

Payday = Bought, didn't even realise it was only 9 euros, awesome
Duh

Lee702 wrote:Apart from eventual bug fixes and small tweaks, we plan to add a few more features that should be available in the forthcoming version 1, notably :

Tap tempo
More filter types
Interactive MIDI learn
More preference settings
More factory presets
Very nice.
It's easy if you know how

Return to “Effects”