vcc 2.0 update pricing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. Sorry if this has been answered, but does anyone know how slate will price vcc 2.0? (I've got 1.5. I like the sound. It almost works in my DAW, except for the meters. :lol: ) I've been emails regularly about it, but no pricing details.

My understanding is that VCC 2.0 will be a free update for existing users. Not sure how much it will be if purchased outright, but it likely won't be much different from the current price.

Slate is aiming for a December release. Yes, 2014. :D

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

2014. Right. I always take what Slate says with a grain of salt. Well, a generous pinch of salt, actually.

About the pricing: I just emailed Slate, and was told it'd be a free upgrade. Yay.

I will say about Slate, they have decent pricing for the quality of their plugins.

Even if their new EQs have turned in vaporwear. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Sweet looking forward to the update!!

Slate VMR is supposed to be coming free with just one plugin and your VCC 2 can load into it. Nobody knows what the free plugin is. The EQs and compressors don't come with it unless you pay.

it was revealed yesterday on gearslutz....... :-)
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

There are a lot of rumors and "announcements"; but none of them are fleshed out as of this moment.

I mean... Beta Testing for certain plugins are happening, yes. But so far, no VCC 2.0. If this is a new engine, a release without a suitable beta test could mean an absolute disaster on release.

Personally I think Steven announced this through mail and GS way too soon yet again.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

zvenx wrote:it was revealed yesterday on gearslutz....... :-)
rsp
Thanks

Compyfox wrote:There are a lot of rumors and "announcements"; but none of them are fleshed out as of this moment.

I mean... Beta Testing for certain plugins are happening, yes. But so far, no VCC 2.0. If this is a new engine, a release without a suitable beta test could mean an absolute disaster on release.

Personally I think Steven announced this through mail and GS way too soon yet again.
That's true from your point of view, and from mine also. From Steven's point of view, however, it's all useful buzz. As is this post. I think I'll stop now. :hihi:

Eddie TX wrote:Slate is aiming for a December release. Yes, 2014. :D

Cheers,
Eddie
"The final VCC 2.0 Prototype along with the new sixth console will be ready by early next week. Then, it will take about two days per console algorithm to program into C++ in our final framework. During this time, the grouping system will be tested but the team is confident about its stability. So, this will put us right to the end of December where we should have a beta version. We'll test the beta version with our beta team to ensure that it is absolutely stable and that the grouping works perfectly. This would mean a final release in early January."

awjoe wrote:
Eddie TX wrote:Slate is aiming for a December release. Yes, 2014. :D

Cheers,
Eddie
Steven Slate from the Slate Digital Newsletter wrote:"The final VCC 2.0 Prototype along with the new sixth console will be ready by early next week. Then, it will take about two days per console algorithm to program into C++ in our final framework. During this time, the grouping system will be tested but the team is confident about its stability. So, this will put us right to the end of December where we should have a beta version. We'll test the beta version with our beta team to ensure that it is absolutely stable and that the grouping works perfectly. This would mean a final release in early January."
Fixed that last piece of information for you.
Yes, he wrote that yesterday. And yes, that is his current aim. If the beta doesn't show up critical issues, the release might actually happen early January to (more like) early February.

The newsletter also mentioned, that FG-X is also in the making. But some issues came up with the new mode for FG-X2, and Steven wants to iron that out first. So no release date for that. But on the other hand, he has a developer for AAX in his team, this might find a solution for an updated FG-X 1(!).

He also mentioned in his mail, that people could now "Preorder" VTM from various sources - but also said that this won't happen due to the shifted development team.

So next time - no quote out of context and with proper source, please.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Eddie TX wrote:My understanding is that VCC 2.0 will be a free update for existing users. Not sure how much it will be if purchased outright, but it likely won't be much different from the current price.

Slate is aiming for a December release. Yes, 2014. :D

Cheers,
Eddie

Early January he said bout the update,interesting to see what they done with it and do i keep it !

For whatever reason (maybe because im under the impression that it could/should drop any minute) ive been looking forward to this a bit more over the last couple of days.

Has anyone heard any promising news regarding 2.0?
There ya have it...

Ok i found it. Should be this week barring any unforeseen circumstances.
There ya have it...

Return to “Effects”