Acustica - Magenta Eq

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Magenta

Image VST 32bit & 64bit / AU 32bit & 64bit.

Image VST 32bit & 64bit

http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... y-features

In a nutshell
Magenta is the best equalizer that Acustica has ever designed. It is inspired by a famous equalizer used on a daily basis in countless audio applications. We were so smitten with this hardware that we tried to turn it into a software that would do it justice, trying to improve it as much as we could. The beauty of the sound processed in the analog domain combined with the new digital precision resulted in an amazing product that tops anything we have done so far.
AU64bit finally available!

Overview
Despite the digital revolution in the pro audio industry, many of today’s top albums are still mixed with analog outboard gear. Mixing with analog devices often still sounds better to many people. There is a very elusive and almost "magical" quality imparted from analog signal chains that is missing in the digital realm. There appears to be more weight to a mix, and the overall sound is more three dimensional. Analog devices produce electrical artifacts that affect frequency response, add harmonics, cause signal clipping and increase noise. These artifacts, which audio engineers often consider the character of a particular device, result from a combination of factors such as component grade, technology type (i.e. vacuum tubes, ICs, transistors), power supply specifications, equipment casing and other variables.
Depending on the circuit characteristics, input signal frequency response varies. Some circuits cut frequencies, others boost them. This behavior is part of the overall device character and should not be confused with user adjustable EQ.
Total harmonic distortion (THD) is based on the levels of the odd and even harmonics of an input signal, usually at a level much lower than the fundamental level. THD balance and decay are circuit dependent, and thus differ from device to device.
CrossTalk and Noise are two elements which every designer tends to avoid to not affect the audio quality. Since in the analog world they can't be avoided, fortunately in digital domain with Volterra Technology we have reduced the noise at less of -120dBfs and completely avoided CrossTalk during the sampling.
The result is an optimum full quality sound from a like-new working condition hardware.
----------------------------------------------------
Best regards,
Acustica Audio team
www.acustica-audio.com
VAT ID: IT-01254510116
Via Tortini 9, 26900, Lodi, LO, Italy.

No love for the Magenta EQ? C'mon guys! This is an awesome EQ! It looks and sounds beautiful. The sound of a $5,000 MASSIVE PASSIVE for under $190!

For anyone looking to hear their music through this plugin this guy is offering to do just that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTV3AwtqBoc

Is there gonna be a trial or demo for this as it's substantially more price-wise than your previous plugins?
So less of an impulse buy...
Thanks

Yes, we will release a trial demo as soon as possible...
Best regards,
Acustica Audio team
www.acustica-audio.com

For anyone looking to hear their music through this plugin this guy is offering to do just that
thank you for not saying "master "like he did. I've heard some of his other clips and trust me, you're not going to get a high-end master.

This is a classic case of somebody acting like a few plug-ins, and their moms telling them how good they are, gives them the right to call themselves a mastering engineer. I truly feel sorry for the true mastering engineers, Who make their living at this gig.
There ya have it...

Sounds like far too much trouble to send him my mixes...

But seriously. I bought this plugin last week (plus the add on). It's the best (or my favorite) musical EQ to date. Bottom end sounds class and it really adds a lovely character to anything you care to throw at it.

Price wise it's very good considering what you're getting. I was actually surprised it was only 149e.

I also have Aqua Trinity II and Blue EQ. I'm actually really surprised that there isn't more of a buzz. I suppose it's down to a lack of a demo (but that's about to change). Plus, I don't think the sound examples on the Acoustica website do this and their other plugs justice (sorry guys).

But I'm sure we will hear lots of examples from that dude on yourtube.

Big thumbs up from me for what it's worth. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

sales@acusticaudio.net wrote:Yes, we will release a trial demo as soon as possible...
Great look forward to it.
Robmobius wrote:I also have Aqua Trinity II and Blue EQ. I'm actually really surprised that there isn't more of a buzz. I suppose it's down to a lack of a demo (but that's about to change). Plus, I don't think the sound examples on the Acoustica website do this and their other plugs justice (sorry guys).
Totally! I have the Blue and Orange Eqs but still want to try first!
It's a shame I couldn't take advantage of the intro offer and the Orange EQ voucher which has now expired,
as the demo wasn't there to start...

blyt wrote:
sales@acusticaudio.net wrote:Yes, we will release a trial demo as soon as possible...
Great look forward to it.
Robmobius wrote:I also have Aqua Trinity II and Blue EQ. I'm actually really surprised that there isn't more of a buzz. I suppose it's down to a lack of a demo (but that's about to change). Plus, I don't think the sound examples on the Acoustica website do this and their other plugs justice (sorry guys).
Totally! I have the Blue and Orange Eqs but still want to try first!
It's a shame I couldn't take advantage of the intro offer and the Orange EQ voucher which has now expired,
as the demo wasn't there to start...
Only for your information: the Orange EQ promo is active yet (only the discount of 10€ is expired):
http://acustica-audio.com/index.php?pag ... y-features

Best,
Acustica
Best regards,
Acustica Audio team
www.acustica-audio.com

Isn't marketing speak a wonderful thing :hihi:
sales@acusticaudio.net wrote:Despite the digital revolution in the pro audio industry, many of today’s top albums are still mixed with analog outboard gear. Mixing with analog devices often still sounds better to many people. There is a very elusive and almost "magical" quality imparted from analog signal chains that is missing in the digital realm
Although this is strictly speaking not untrue (given the wording used), it gives the idea that 'many' is used here to actually say 'most', while in reality 'most' top albums these days are mixed and produced completely ITB. Even many high-end studio's don't even use a analog console anymore, and record straight into Protools. And to top that, several professional engineers who have direct access to hardware gear, prefer to use plugins instead, stating that plugins these days are seriously 'up there' with the hardware but much more easy to use in a project.

Watch a bunch of Pensado's Place episodes (mainly interviews with pro sound engineers) and get a clear perspective on this ;)

Besides that, good luck with your new product :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

sales@acusticaudio.net wrote:Only for your information: the Orange EQ promo is active yet (only the discount of 10€ is expired):http://acustica-audio.com/index.php?pag ... y-featuresBest,Acustica
Ahh... Great. I didn't realise that!
Thanks!

Magenta is excellent & excels over algo vst's.

crimsonwarlock wrote:Isn't marketing speak a wonderful thing :hihi:
sales@acusticaudio.net wrote:Despite the digital revolution in the pro audio industry, many of today’s top albums are still mixed with analog outboard gear. Mixing with analog devices often still sounds better to many people. There is a very elusive and almost "magical" quality imparted from analog signal chains that is missing in the digital realm
Although this is strictly speaking not untrue (given the wording used), it gives the idea that 'many' is used here to actually say 'most', while in reality 'most' top albums these days are mixed and produced completely ITB. Even many high-end studio's don't even use a analog console anymore, and record straight into Protools. And to top that, several professional engineers who have direct access to hardware gear, prefer to use plugins instead, stating that plugins these days are seriously 'up there' with the hardware but much more easy to use in a project.

Watch a bunch of Pensado's Place episodes (mainly interviews with pro sound engineers) and get a clear perspective on this ;)

Besides that, good luck with your new product :D
Well, if that's the case... Then those 'pro-users' will love the sound of Magenta. :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:Well, if that's the case... Then those 'pro-users' will love the sound of Magenta. :tu:
Probably... or they just keep using their already fabulous plugins that they know inside out: another thing you can take away from those interviews is that most of them are very connected to a small amount of FX they use across the board. A solid workflow accounts for a lot in the pro audio world :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

crimsonwarlock wrote:
Robmobius wrote:Well, if that's the case... Then those 'pro-users' will love the sound of Magenta. :tu:
Probably... or they just keep using their already fabulous plugins that they know inside out: another thing you can take away from those interviews is that most of them are very connected to a small amount of FX they use across the board. A solid workflow accounts for a lot in the pro audio world :D
Riiiiight, Interesting hypothesis you have there...

Robmobius wrote:
crimsonwarlock wrote:
Riiiiight, Interesting hypothesis you have there...
This is pretty much the same impression I get. They'll still use 10 year old eq's or stock pro-tools fx and what not. Whatever they know and are comfortable with and a lot of engineers like plugins.

However I've also noticed that people still prefer the use of high end outboard on the way in.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Effects”