My Ik Tracks requests! Please feel free to add your own!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am becoming a bit of an IK junkie, and now with the Tracks gorup buy, which is simply stunning value (i don't know any other way of putting it!), i have been thinking about what i'd like to see IK do in future!

Tracks has become my go to now after i ditched mercury.

Let's get some different stuff now though IK, why not?

First, let's get the bad out of the way. The crossovers in your multi band stuff are very flawed. I am sorry but this needs to be attended to. They change the source material drastically even when no processing is done. On a full mix it can destroy the entire balance of the mix.

I am happy to post before/afters of yours vs other plugins. To give an example, there is a plugin in Reason called GSX.. it has five bands.. even on a completely full mix, the crossovers are 1000000000% transparent. It *nulls* with an inverted version of itself with 5 bands active. If Rob Currie can do it, so can IK!

That, and I am slightly unsatisfied with the API.. A bit better than the waves, but UAD has that one covered.

The rest is all good, and i think the rest of the tracks line is either equal or superior to every other alternative same emulation out there, whatever format :)

My wishes.

Modulation. - A vintage chorus.. please

Tape - Yep, i am saying it. I know we have satin (overly complex but good quality), slate (sounds good but latency is just too high), and waves (either ok or really bad, overall not the best) - but why not do an IK tape plugin?

I think for those not wanting to buy into waves or have an ilok, it would be a great idea. I know there is satin, but that's a very complex (and capable) construction kit. I am talking about typical IK simple to the point specific emulations.

Distortion - How about a soundtoys radiator or decapitator/culture vulture? Yes please!

Verb - a new one.. why not? CSR is old hat, and is out done by modern stuff. Do IK's take on verb with modern processing power!

Contradicting the above about IK doing straightforward emus - I would like a wet/dry on the ssl bus comp and 1176, pretty ploise! And a high pass detector on the 1176 :D Hey, i had to contradict myself somewhere! :lol:

Please share requests for IK tracks future plugins here. KVR is a popular place, and Ik have a presence here. There is a chance you might get your wish!

Cheers!

I have requested a tape sim several times over the last couple of years. It seems like a natural. T-racks is a vintage mixing and mastering suite. A tape sim is missing. I like CSR. I think it's a bit underrated these days, but I get your point.

clintmartin wrote:I have requested a tape sim several times over the last couple of years. It seems like a natural. T-racks is a vintage mixing and mastering suite. A tape sim is missing. I like CSR. I think it's a bit underrated these days, but I get your point.

Hi Clint, Actually, Tracks is not really just about vintage emu and mastering. The deesser is a perfect example. That's a modern mixing tool. There are a couple others (like the LP eq for example and soft clipper which is useful for individual tracks)

Tape sim sure, is a natural fit, but i don't think anything would be "out of place" as such if they decided to release a new verb, or chorus or something, do you? Or perhaps a dynamic EQ!

I think some more *modern* stuff would also be quite welcome!

31 band Graphic EQ.........and a Chorus/Flanger.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:31 band Graphic EQ.........and a Chorus/Flanger.

Cool! Wouldn't say no to those either.

If they do do a flanger, please IK have it syncable up to 32 bars for super long ambient sweeps.

the only one i know of that can do that is Uhbik, but it's tricky to use and i don't want to buy the bundle for the flanger.

Waves metaflanger in the meantime i reckon is the best "all round" flanger plug, but it doesn't allow slooow sync times :(

and the hz is not fine enough to work it out with a calc either.

what 31 band graphic would you like Marc, an emu or something like the waves one? (which is admittedly very good!)

TheoM wrote:
clintmartin wrote:I have requested a tape sim several times over the last couple of years. It seems like a natural. T-racks is a vintage mixing and mastering suite. A tape sim is missing. I like CSR. I think it's a bit underrated these days, but I get your point.

Hi Clint, Actually, Tracks is not really just about vintage emu and mastering. The deesser is a perfect example. That's a modern mixing tool. There are a couple others (like the LP eq for example and soft clipper which is useful for individual tracks)

Tape sim sure, is a natural fit, but i don't think anything would be "out of place" as such if they decided to release a new verb, or chorus or something, do you? Or perhaps a dynamic EQ!

I think some more *modern* stuff would also be quite welcome!
Oh no. Nothing would be out of place. I was just making the case for the tape sim. Your right, the quad series is a good example of modern plugins in T-racks. I'm all for more of everything!

Agreed with the OP on the IKM Quad series. I can never put them to good use.
Owning and working with a lot of multiband processors on a daily basis, the Quad series, most notably the compressor and limiter, lack functionality (like you can't adjust all Tresholds relative of eachother), and then lack Input level to make it even harder, and they sound soulless.

Having said that, i love most other IKM plugins and wouldn't want to be without them.

My vote, an IKM Multiband Saturator/Clipper.

Theo I think you covered the things I want most. I'd like to see the Quadcomp, Quadlimiter, and imager updated to be a a lot cleaner sounding. They give T-RackS versatility and more Mastering capabilities. Plus I may be slowly ditching Izotope's stuff if they don't change their new Business Model fast, thus alternatives is needed. I'm going to still get some of the Quad plugins in the Group Buy cause they still can be used but a upgrade to them is needed. I don't think IK put as much effort into the Quad mastering plugins as they did the Mixing Vintage emulations wich are amazing.

I'd like to see some modulator type plugins as well. I've never been satisfied with Native modulation type plugins and feel to this day SCOPE dsp Platform does that much better. Hopefully IK with their expertise can design great Chorus's, Flangers, etc that are truly great sounding. The Dim D by Emptyroomsystems was the best Native chorus I heard, it is pretty good but there's room for improvement. Hopefully IK can get Modulators to a level they need to be, YMMV.

I don't need anymore reverbs ATM but eventually I may ditch my beloved Nectar 2 if Izotope don't get their act together. Nectar has a awesome sounding Plate 140 emu. I'd like for IK to make a Plate as good and if possible better than Nectars. Mechanical reverbs wich are Plates and Spring reverbs are my favorite character reverbs and feel they sound the most unique of all character verbs and they best compliment something like Acon Digital Verberate. Those old mechanical analog reverbs are magic to my ears and Izotope is the only company who did the plate to my liking (much better than UAD) and SCOPE dsp platform the only to do Springreverb to my liking. I tried many of the others on the market and don't like them, hopefully IK can surpass the rest with Mechanical reverb emulations that rock!

But what's really important as well is for IK to improve the GUI functionality of T-RackS so that it's more like Ozone; e.g. drag and drop modules from one slot to another, more advanced metering, level matching , more multiband capabilities with more modules, etc. GUI functionality needs to be significantly upgraded cause it is significantly behind Ozone Advanced.

T-RackS is a diverse platform that can meet a lot of peoples needs, I hope IK continue to grow it in diverse ways but make sure high quality is brought to all fronts. Be in it to win it!

EDITED
Last edited by sounddesigner on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

sounddesigner wrote:But what's really important as well is for IK to improve the GUI functionality of T-RackS so that it's more like Ozone; e.g. drag and drop modules from one slot to another, more advanced metering, level matching , more multiband capabilities with more modules, etc. GUI functionality needs to be significantly upgraded cause it is significantly behind Ozone Advanced.
Agreed, they have many updates over the years but it is shockingly how little (afaik, practically nothing) had been done to the shell.

TheoM wrote: what 31 band graphic would you like Marc, an emu or something like the waves one? (which is admittedly very good!)
I don't really have an particular emulation in mind and haven't given much thought to the band frequencies but I'm sure IK could figure those out pretty easily. I've got one in Nomad's Magma that's pretty good but an IK version would be most welcome.

I saw the Waves version and it looks really cool but I'm not a fan of Waves authorization/WUP thingy..... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'm all about the emulations:

Empirical Labs Distressor
Inward Connections TSL-3 Limiter or TSL-1'? (Chris Lord-Alge has a boat load of these...they must be good for something.)
Neve 2264x (CLA calls them the Spankers)
Sony DRE-2000 Reverb
Bricasti M7

Add an Auratone to speaker emulation to ARC 2.

No more tape sims, please! There are more than enough out there as it is.

I would love a tape sim too as I have points stocked up.

On the effects side, I'd love to see the Ampeg Scrambler and an ADA Flanger. They already have Ampeg effects and Scrambler is noticeably missing from that set. I fell in love with a Digitech model of the ADA but I can't afford (or justify) a real one. Having one In The Box would be cool enough for me though.

Amplitube has lots of great stuff that would work perfectly fine on other sources than guitars. But loading up the Amplitube plugin for a single module is too cumbersome and resource heavy, especially on a stereo source.

A lightweight (especially memory-wise), stereo T-Racks plugin that can host Amplitube components would be awesome. I don't know how difficult it is to rip modules out of Amplitube and put them into T-Racks, but it would breathe a whole lot of new life into those Amplitubes modules I have.

I concur with the mix knob on the compressors, it is indispensable nowadays, and the GUI overhaul (mouse wheel support!!). Regarding tape sim I am fine with satin, but a nice distortion unit would be welcome.
A lightweight plugin for some of the amplitube FX is a really good idea. It's the same as with guitar rig: you have loads of nice effects on there but you somehow never use them what with all the stuff you need to load an click and whatnot...

Hmmm a lightweight T-Racks shell for Amplitube stuff huh? Or they could just make Amplitube singles available similar to how they did with T-Racks stuff.

Personally, I can't say I would purchase any of the stuff listed in the posts above. Plus it could lead to the jack of all trades, master of none syndrome. Trying to do do so much stuff that none of it is above average. Im perfectly fine using Decimort, and dont find it lacking. I feel the same way about my other creative efx. Not sure IK would be able to do anything that makes me "need" their version.

I'd take a realistic Tape Sim though. As far as graphic eq's go, I really love my Klark Teknik DN27. An emulation of an inductor based graphic could be interesting.

For right now though, I would be happier if they addressed the Quad line, as stated above.

Return to “Effects”