Eiosis AirEQ Premium

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AirEQ

Yeah I don't care either way really, it's just interesting
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Aloysius wrote:Good to finally know the backstory and thank you very much for the Free Upgrade.

My Eiosis Account had been deleted and I had to make a new one. Can I assume that you still have all my purchase details on file? I also own E2Deesser and E2Transienter.
Eiosis is now a new company, unrelated to the former one, so yes, you have to recreate a new account. The day we release new plugins and that you are entitled to receive a free license, you'll receive an email anyway ! ;)

stian wrote:I hope nobody sees this as an attempt to hijack this thread, but I just wanted to comment on this, since you write that this feature is available in other EQs as well. A novelty in Equalize is the ability to freely set the slope to any value between 3 dB/octave to 120 dB/octave (i.e. no 6 dB/octave steps). That is unique as far as I know.
Anyway, it's good to see development and innovation among EQs. I wish you all the best with AirEQ, Fabrice. It looks like an excellent EQ.

Best,
Stian
Hi Stian, I don't think that debating about features of AirEQ against other products could be called hijacking ! :)

Actually I think that other EQs did that, I believe one of the first was one by Melda Productions, so this is not new. We also tried this solution, and for me it has several disadvantages : it requires more processing power if you want higher slopes, and the sound is actually not always optimal, meaning that it did not fit the goal that I had in mind for AirEQ.

Higher slopes of a Butterworth bell are actually creating "virtual" resonances, the higher you go in slope, exactly as HP/LP filters. So this would not have deserved the purpose of AirEQ, which is primarily to control and smooth the resonances of equalization.

Spitfire31 wrote:Thank you very much for the generous free upgrade, Fabrice!

I had looked forward to nice discount, but this is more than I expected. Classy rep building!

/Joachim
I hope so ! I try to make it up for thing that was out of my control. :neutral:

Breval wrote:Congrats on your new release. This a very nice musical eq. The forward thinking used in developing this makes it pleasure to use. Sounds great too.
Awesome ! Each time I read this, it makes me happy and proud, each single time ! I wanted AirEQ to be a pleasure to use, that was maybe the first goal. If you enjoy using a tool, you'll spend more time with it, and thus have better results at the end. So I'm so, so glad that many people tell me this feedback !

Omkar wrote:ok ok, sold all the way ...
but Fabrice, please consider a more generous and longer period of intro sales !
Same with Steve, as VMR is knocking at the doors ...

Don`t want to donate blood in a way I forget who I am and my housenumber, right ?
:D
Don't be afraid, Christmas is close anyway.. :D
Subsribe to our newsletter / like our Facebook page / follow us on twitter !

Fabrice

Eiosis wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Good to finally know the backstory and thank you very much for the Free Upgrade.

My Eiosis Account had been deleted and I had to make a new one. Can I assume that you still have all my purchase details on file? I also own E2Deesser and E2Transienter.
Eiosis is now a new company, unrelated to the former one, so yes, you have to recreate a new account. The day we release new plugins and that you are entitled to receive a free license, you'll receive an email anyway ! ;)
Thank you Fabrice. :phew: :D
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

penguinfromdeep wrote:Yeah it's quite big in size the installer so that would explain that impulse responses were used ... but how is it made, captured from analog devices or calculated mathematically?
penguinfromdeep wrote:It's still over 300mb I think when you take off the other file formats. Maybe it's impulses but who knows, might be a secret :D
AirEQ does not use impulse reponses. The size of the installer and installation itself is due to HD graphics and UI elements.

Hi Fabrice !

I wanted to know if it's possible to have a different Fire/Neutral/Water value for eache
band. If not could it be added in a near future ?

Thanks !

Yes you can - it's a bit difficult to pull off, but take a dive into the manual. It should be written there.

Else, try the knowledge base:
https://eiosis.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/art ... -Per-Band-
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Yes you can - it's a bit difficult to pull off, but take a dive into the manual. It should be written there.

Thanks Compy I'll take a dive into the manual ! :wink:

Whilst selecting the 'Q' for the bands (of the 7 q's counting from left to right 2-6).

Hold the shift key and right hand mouse. Can select the element and percentage for each;
left - Water 0-100%
mid - neutral (0)
right- Fire 0-100%

MFXxx wrote:Whilst selecting the 'Q' for the bands (of the 7 q's counting from left to right 2-6).

Hold the shift key and right hand mouse. Can select the element and percentage for each;
left - Water 0-100%
mid - neutral (0)
right- Fire 0-100%
Thanks ! It's a tricky way to do it, wish Eiosis would have made it easier. But yes thanks for the tips ! By the way, I come to realise that there's no manual for the AirEQ... :neutral:

There is, it's just not linked after your installation.

On windows it's in the hidden "program data" folder, then EISOIS, then AirEQ.
The file itself is called: Eiosis AirEQ Premium - User Guide.pdf
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:There is, it's just not linked after your installation.

On windows it's in the hidden "program data" folder, then EISOIS, then AirEQ.
The file itself is called: Eiosis AirEQ Premium - User Guide.pdf
Thanks ! I didn't find it on my computer and didn't find it on their website...

Eiosis wrote:Actually I think that other EQs did that, I believe one of the first was one by Melda Productions, so this is not new. We also tried this solution, and for me it has several disadvantages : it requires more processing power if you want higher slopes, and the sound is actually not always optimal, meaning that it did not fit the goal that I had in mind for AirEQ.
Interesting. However, I couldn't find this feature in any of the Melda plug-ins. Do you know which one (or an EQ with freely adjustable slopes from any other developer for that matter)?

EDIT: Actually, I just found out that DDMF LP10 seems to offer the continuously adjustable slopes, so you're right that it's not new.
Eiosis wrote:Higher slopes of a Butterworth bell are actually creating "virtual" resonances, the higher you go in slope, exactly as HP/LP filters. So this would not have deserved the purpose of AirEQ, which is primarily to control and smooth the resonances of equalization.
Yes, I'm sure we are both well aware of the mathematical background and that rapid changes (over frequency) in the frequency amplitude curve result in longer 'ringing'. That's exactly why the 'in-between' values are so interesting... ;)

Best,
Stian

Endor-8o8 wrote:
Compyfox wrote:Yes you can - it's a bit difficult to pull off, but take a dive into the manual. It should be written there.

Thanks Compy I'll take a dive into the manual ! :wink:
We are finishing up the final manual, and also we are working on more tutorial videos !

stian wrote:EDIT: Actually, I just found out that DDMF LP10 seems to offer the continuously adjustable slopes, so you're right that it's not new.
What is new with AirEQ Premium is that the "slopes" are not really slopes, but curve shapes. With Butterworth bells, so far you have some fixed slopes that are defined in a specific way : the steeper the slope, the stepper the bell sides, and the more processing power each band will take too.

With AirEQ, each band always takes the same amount of processing power. This was really important to me as I wanted to design a tool which was quite "predictable"; i.e, whatever Water/Fire curve you use, you always get the same amount of processing power per band.

Also I realized that using more processing power, which made the filter design much more tricky btw, was not useful to reach sonic options that make sense in an equalizer.

Being able to design any curve in any way you want is not always a good thing when equiing.

For instance I designed the Water specifically to smooth out, in a very specific way, the resonances. Each characteristic of the Water were carefully examined to provide a time response of the filter with specific characteristics, each one for specific reasons.

I've found that changing slightly the balance of the curve (the height of the flat top, the steepness of the sides, etc..) also changes the sound of course, but more especially changes the relationship of the signal which is added by the EQ to the original sound.

And this depends heavily on the content of the processed audio track.

It was also the main idea behind the Earth : the frequency response may look (and actually could be matched) with a low shelf filter, but if you compare a low shelf filter and the Earth, they will not sound the same, and the differences will vary depending on the original audio signal.

stian wrote:Yes, I'm sure we are both well aware of the mathematical background and that rapid changes (over frequency) in the frequency amplitude curve result in longer 'ringing'. That's exactly why the 'in-between' values are so interesting... ;)
Absolutely, the smooth transitions between the Water and Fire were not only a technical challenge, but also an artistic one.

I spend a tremendous amount of time adjusting those transitions, because it was very hard to make those transition "work" between curves which do not have the same goal. Still, it needed to sound smooth and natural.

Now you can have a idea about why AirEQ Premium took so long to design. :)

At some point I even thought about not making the continuous transitions between Fire, Neutral and Water !
But I spent the extra months because I believed it would be a great feature.

Fabrice

I know Slate doesn't give an elicenser option, but what about Eiosis?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:I know Slate doesn't give an elicenser option, but what about Eiosis?
We don't plan to offer the eLicenser for our products, because it would make the things way more complex, and also less secure.

Fabrice

Return to “Effects”