Tokyo Dawn Labs releases Kotelnikov (standard and GE)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR Kotelnikov TDR Kotelnikov GE

is there a possibility to explain how the differences between the standard and GE manifest themselves in sound ?

The graphs are nice but you can't hear them... (unless, of course, one processes them with photosounder...)
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Most favorite preset ever!!! :lol: :lol:
kotelnikov.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It is easily the best non-flavour compressor available and ridiculous for the price. Everyone working with any material 'ITB' should have Kotelnikov GE

Thanks Fabien and Vlad for stella work as usual :tu:

Dean

Tp3 wrote:is there a possibility to explain how the differences between the standard and GE manifest themselves in sound ?

The graphs are nice but you can't hear them... (unless, of course, one processes them with photosounder...)

I added a list at the bottom of the pgae: http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-kotelnikov-ge/
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

fese wrote:Most favorite preset ever!!! :lol: :lol:
kotelnikov.png
You're obviously not from Brazil. :lol:

I wish there was a way to demo the GE version or at least get to hear what FDR can do.

edit - saw your comment that a walkthrough is forth coming!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:I wish there was a way to demo the GE version or at least get to hear what FDR can do.

edit - saw your comment that a walkthrough is forth coming!
Honestly, I wouldn't say it if I didn't feel so confident with such things and how it works no matter the style/type/genre of music you work with...Kotelnikov GE is as good as it gets, The price is incredible for
the quality. I know many of us have spent alot off money upon on and/or spent an enourmous amount of time upon compressors ITB plugin wise, I honestly would take Kotelnikov GE over any other compressor available.

Another thing which either Fabien or Vlad will back me up on; Whilst in its beta phase I almost sent them an e-mail to make sure that I didn't get sent something that wasn't working (doing anything to most of my source signals) even with a hefty amount of gain reduction :oops:

That is how clean and free of 'quirks' or 'character' it is, This enables one to dial in a hell of alot of dynamic range compression without things going to shit, falling apart and/or sounding different. Then if you want/need colour add in whatever you like afterwards

I'm not trying to sell this to you or come across as some sort of shill and do hope that is clear. I simply am expressing in the best way I can how fantastic this release/build is and what it can do for the better. At the price it is peerless and AFAIK ITB wise from what I've either got already or tried same at any price point

All the best and to all as always :tu:

Dean

This compressor has a lot of character. I like it more than the Feedback Compressor. That one for me was too subtle, this one has more soul to it. At least, to my ears.

If i end up using it in projects i think i may go for the GE. Thanks for the free plugin!

Important: We released V 1.0.2 a few minutes ago, and advise to update as soon as possible.

1.0.2 Maintenance update

# Fixed rare crash when unloading the plugin.
# Fixed a preset persistence problem related to time values greater than 500ms.

1.0.1 Maintenance update

# Fixed latency reporting error

This is great really on the master buss. Not sure I need the GE edition because I like the immediacy of the free version.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

This one feels a bit more like a normal compressor than its predecessor, certainly the threshold does anyway. Can't say i can tell a difference in sound quality between the two (they're both that good) but CPU-wise Eco on this one seems to be comparable to precise on Feedback-II.

Zombie Queen wrote:
FabienTDR wrote:Filettnikov sounds good indeed :)
Indeed, I suspect it's gonna have something to do with pan...
Si, es muy bueno con un poco de pan también... :-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Sorry to be a pain and bring this up again, any chance to have all the TDR plugins appearing under the same developer name menu?

Hey Theo,

this is fixed for all plugins released post SlickEQ. The old ones are messed up, but we can't change that anymore.

This has replaced DC8C 2 on all the busses for me.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Effects”