NI Replika

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

spirit wrote:
GaryG wrote:Still have GUI problems in Reaper and Ableton on my laptop though rather than a badly rendered GUI that crashes, I just get a blank white rectangle now that doesn't crash. It's a trade-off I guess. :)
So, still buggy like when it was released?
On my laptop, yeah. But I'm sure if you have the right drivers etc it's stable as anything. Audio Damages Fuzzplus3 eats resources if I have the GUIs of two instances open at once so obviously my (five year old) laptop is showing it's age (and as far as I can tell it has the latest drivers).

GaryG wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:
GaryG wrote:Still have GUI problems in Reaper and Ableton on my laptop though rather than a badly rendered GUI that crashes, I just get a blank white rectangle now that doesn't crash. It's a trade-off I guess. :)
So, Windows 7, 8? Mac OS 10.8, 10.9, 10.10? :roll:

/Joachim
I thought this was general chat, I'll post the specs at NIs forum where, y'know, people who can really help live.

This is so unbelievably rude and uncalled for. All the user was trying to do is help.
Not to mention that there are people who read this thread who can actually help. I am 100% certain of this.
rsp
sound sculptist

GaryG wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:

/Joachim
I thought this was general chat, I'll post the specs at NIs forum where, y'know, people who can really help live.
Still, it's always helpful to reveal the basics, so that others with similar specs can check their setups.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

EvilDragon wrote:
Teksonik wrote:While doing some house cleaning in my plugin folder I just noticed that Replika is 41 megs in size while the main Kontakt .dll is only 40 megs in size............that make sense to anyone ? :?
Yes. High-definition graphics and animations can take up quite some space. By comparison, Kontakt doesn't use such high-definition graphics like Replika does, at all - it's just a complex piece of software (graphics in Kontakt are about 4 MB when you extract the resources from the executable).
Ehhhh I'm not buying that sorry.........it's a tiny plugin with a couple of switches and a few knobs against a not very special background. If that's the case then what happens when Kontakt does get "high definition" graphics ? It will be a gig or so in size ?

Supercharger which if I remember correctly came out long before NI's graphic experiment in Replika is 33 megs, only 4 knobs and certainly not "HD" in any way. In comparison FM 8 is only 21 megs,

Oh well whatever, in this day of multi TB hard drives a few megs isn't that big of a deal but I've got dozens and dozens of plugins so if every developer decided to bloat their plugins with "fancy" graphics then it might be an issue in the long run. I urge N.I. not to waste resources on fancy graphics that aren't really fancy at all...... :wink:

*Disclamer* I'm a huge N.I fan so I'm not attacking them in any way...........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

EvilDragon wrote:
Teksonik wrote:While doing some house cleaning in my plugin folder I just noticed that Replika is 41 megs in size while the main Kontakt .dll is only 40 megs in size............that make sense to anyone ? :?
Yes. High-definition graphics and animations can take up quite some space. By comparison, Kontakt doesn't use such high-definition graphics like Replika does, at all - it's just a complex piece of software (graphics in Kontakt are about 4 MB when you extract the resources from the executable).
My understanding was that NI were experimenting with vector graphics to avoid the need for massive hi-res bitmap-based GUIs. Isn't this the basis for the OpenGL requirement in Replika?

Teksonik wrote:Ehhhh I'm not buying that sorry.........it's a tiny plugin with a couple of switches and a few knobs against a not very special background. If that's the case then what happens when Kontakt does get "high definition" graphics ? It will be a gig or so in size ?

Supercharger which if I remember correctly came out long before NI's graphic experiment in Replika is 33 megs, only 4 knobs and certainly not "HD" in any way. In comparison FM 8 is only 21 megs
You don't have to "buy it", but that IS the fact. I checked with developers. It's graphics, as well as OpenGL related stuff, etc.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zvenx wrote:
GaryG wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:

/Joachim

This is so unbelievably rude and uncalled for. All the user was trying to do is help.
Not to mention that there are people who read this thread who can actually help. I am 100% certain of this.
rsp
He was probably irritated by the completely unnecessary :roll: in Spitfire31's attempt to "help".

ok... fair enough.
rsp
sound sculptist

Exactly.

The causes and potential resolutions of Replikas problems were thrashed out long ago in this thread and, to be blunt, much more usefully in the relevant NI threads. Sorry if that offends anyone's sensibilities. If it's still not working for some (like me) then it's down to your specific hardware, drivers etc. and you (I) need to address that. So at this point, this thread is pretty much chat. IMO of course.

Whatever, for the price they now want to you could get ADs Ricochet or D16 Sigmund etc, both much more versatile without any technical issues. imosho.

Ah, it finally works properly. Nice belated christmas present

Bought it. Excellent features, sounds great, very easy to dial in the sound you want. Of all the delay plugins I've tried I like this one the most already.

I'm geting great reverb out of it as well (diffusion enabled, delay set to 0ms, filter enabled as well for sculpting). It is my favorite reverb plugin as well at the moment :)

Lots of possibilities with those few knobs and toggles. Loving it.
Last edited by az82 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Every single part of this multi-fx (..yes multi-fx) can be turned off.
= Every part can be used individually or in combination.

Knowing the ropes:

"Modern mode":
Tube saturation: On/Off.
LC: On/Off.
HC: On/Off.
Delay.. Zero MS is possible = On/Off.
Phaser (post): On/Off.
HQ resonant LP-Filter is post/pure when delay is set to zero. (in the feedbackpath of delay) .. Has On/Off.

That all + the HQ reverb/diffusion and an original vintage mode (longer delay has more artefacts/less quality).
Diffusion in other commercial things like Bloom are more a joke.

... impressive.
- WonderEcho -

GaryG wrote:Exactly.

The causes and potential resolutions of Replikas problems were thrashed out long ago in this thread and, to be blunt, much more usefully in the relevant NI threads. Sorry if that offends anyone's sensibilities. If it's still not working for some (like me) then it's down to your specific hardware, drivers etc. and you (I) need to address that. So at this point, this thread is pretty much chat. IMO of course.

Whatever, for the price they now want to you could get ADs Ricochet or D16 Sigmund etc, both much more versatile without any technical issues. imosho.
It worked fine for me until this last update.
Now it crashes my DAW every time I try to load it. :(

Klinke1 wrote:Every single part of this multi-fx (..yes multi-fx) can be turned off.
= Every part can be used individually or in combination.

Knowing the ropes:

"Modern mode":
Tube saturation: On/Off.
LC: On/Off.
HC: On/Off.
Delay.. Zero MS is possible = On/Off.
Phaser (post): On/Off.
HQ resonant LP-Filter is post/pure when delay is set to zero. (in the feedbackpath of delay) .. Has On/Off.

That all + the HQ reverb/diffusion and an original vintage mode (longer delay has more artefacts/less quality).
Diffusion in other commercial things like Bloom are more a joke.

... impressive.
It is a beautifully well thought out effect and very musical. Glad they got past the early buggy phase for most people so it's now possible to more fully appreciate its positive qualities.

aMUSEd wrote:It is a beautifully well thought out effect and very musical. Glad they got past the early buggy phase for most people so it's now possible to more fully appreciate its positive qualities.
Hopefully by not making it buggy for those that didn't have any problem with it before. :roll:
Like I said, it worked fine until this last update. Now it crashes Sonar every time.

Return to “Effects”