A huge EQ plugin shootout

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everybody, check this out:

www.shootout.fm

I'm really looking for some feedback from pro musicians.

Its a project i'v been working on for a long time. It lets you compare the sounds of different audio gear, using a very simple interface.

I took around 40 EQ plugins and ran some tracks through them, using different settings.
On the site, you can instantly switch between the different plugins and easily hear their differences. There's also a cool blind test mode you can check out.

Here's a video of how it works: (the vid shows guitar pedals but its the same for plugins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2BKwTGeleg

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it..

Hey, great idea! I'm just checking the site out and I'm loving it.

Thanks a lot mate!

Very cool! Would be even better if you made the web design responsive, I have to scroll around a lot on my laptop screen...

Thanks!
What do you mean. do you have to scroll around a lot to browse the different plugins? would it be better for you if the plugins buttons were smaller?

Adam Ben Amitai wrote:Thanks!
What do you mean. do you have to scroll around a lot to browse the different plugins? would it be better for you if the plugins buttons were smaller?
I mean the website does not intelligently resize itself to the size of the screen. If the screen size is too small then you have to use the horizontal scroll bar to see the hidden part of the screen. It makes it harder to use unless you are running on a big modern high resolution screen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design

I am not a professional web developer, but I think there are still a few problems with your website coding, at least on Firefox 35 at 1024 x 768

ok cool
no need to explain what responsive design is (:
i was just trying to understand exactly in what way its not working for you.
if you don't mind, a screenshot would be super helpful. but anyway i'l check it out on FF35 at your resolution.
thanks

Totally great site! I love it!
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

This is amazing... I've spent 4 hours on this already, and I consistently pick brainworx bx_digital v2 in every comparison.

Damnit. So expensive.

Also, for some reason, whatever plugin is in the 'first slot' in blind mode, sounds distorted for me. Occasionally the second slot does as well.

That's really cool stuff man! Congrats!

Did a little check on the Pultec emulations. Very cool seeing the same content and doing a shoot out on it.

I think you've got a winner of an idea here...

Looks really cool! Can't wait to spend some time with it!
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

awesome!

awesome! :D

Thanks a lot guys!!

10dB Boost @12K volume is too loud with ddmf IIEq.
Tried it with different Instruments. But DDMF is louder then other eq`s
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

Return to “Effects”