Exponential Audio Excalibur

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm up for ilok protection... I don't really care. Looks like a cool plugin.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

valerian_777 wrote:
midi sentinel wrote:Got interested, then saw iLok2 requirement on product page.

Pity :(
Wait, they still keep using Ilok2 protection like they always did? Unbelievable! :P
I am really sorry that I am not intimately familiar with every software vendor on this planet and which protections they use or have used.

I've never seen any Exponential Audio products until today, and had no idea what they use(d). Shocker.

Now whats up with the intro price? When it will be announced? Thanx.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Sorry, but it certainly is not so good that It would make me want to go out and get an iLok. Pretty ho-hum considering what's out there already, especially for the fairly expensive price.

And yes, it should state in the hardware requirements that it needs iLok. Would avoid wasting peoples time.
No signature here!

midi sentinel wrote:Got interested, then saw iLok2 requirement on product page.

Pity :(
Kudos to Michael for adding this so quickly to the page! :-D

You're not trying to win me over, are you? :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I like it. Don't like the moaning people so much.

Michael Carnes wrote:
sidrat wrote:Some iLok software (Eventide, Soundtoys, Metric Halo, etc) allows hard drive authorizations rather than having to use the physical dongle. Is Excalibur going to offer an iLok hard drive authorization? Seems like a reasonable compromise to me...
I'm quite aware of what other vendors do and I have spoken to PACE a number of times (most recently just about 3 weeks ago). I know both the benefits and drawbacks of this system and I have decided not to adopt it. I use a couple of iLoks on my own laptop when I'm doing demos and such, and I really feel that the inconvenience is overstated.
Fair enough. However, I don't think it's overstated at all - it happens to be how I feel, personally. Apparently, a lot of other folks feel the same way, too. But, thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Good luck! :)

Multi fx units are cool, they can do anything really. Used tc fireworx extensively back in the day, only used eventide's as plugin and also use PSP N2O.

Glad to see that EA plugins have had a gui makeover since I last looked. Can't say it's the most inspiring I've seen, but definately a step forward. I looked at the gui preview of Excalibur for quite some time, but must say I can't figure out how it works by just looking which is quite rare :). Will definately demo it when the time comes.

I like the sound of Lexicon PCM Effects and what I gather Carnes is responsible for them also, so the hopes are high.

A lot of multi fx usability comes from good prestes, because it's one hell of a job to start everything from scratch. Hope there is a good set of them.

It's out! Good introductory pricing.

aMUSEd wrote:It's out! Good introductory pricing.

what's the price ? I'm having trouble navigating the site...

but I did find this while looking for it:
http://www.exponentialaudio.com/latest- ... adjustment
Michael @ Exponential Audio wrote: Once in a while, it's necessary to adjust pricing across different currencies. The Euro has been on the move for the last several months, and Exponential Audio will be raising the Euro price to keep it on par with the Dollar. That adjustment will take place some time on Friday, January 30, 2015. Dollar pricing will not change.

If you've been thinking about purchasing any plugins, then here's a last chance to take advantage of current Euro pricing. Don't delay.
ummm. maybe economics isn't my forte, but raising the euro price only seems to make things worse for those spending in euro - whose currency/economy is already in the toilet. Isn't it possible to make sure people spending from American accounts pay in dollars ? Presumably that's the reason for upping the euro price - to prevent Americans from getting a better deal in euros.

at this rate shouldn't he just sell in dollars only and be done with it ?

*shrug*
Last edited by Daags on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Why is the 'DreamE Electric Piano Echo' demo actually a woman singing?

http://www.exponentialaudio.com/excalibur-audio-samples

Also I don't get this:
A new duet of an acoustic piano and someone running their finger around a wine glass at the same time. It's not normally possible, until Excalibur. Now sounds are only limited by your imagination. Great for sound designers.
http://www.exponentialaudio.com/excalibur-audio-samples

How is Excalibur making this possible? Does it enable morphing of some sort?

Curious to see what the upgrade prices will be.

Daags wrote:

$119 USD intro price (reg. $199)

Yeah, their site is not very intuitive. The Products drop-down menu has a link to the Store, where you can see their prices in USD or Euros.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:
Daags wrote:

$119 USD intro price (reg. $199)

Yeah, their site is not very intuitive. The Products drop-down menu has a link to the Store, where you can see their prices in USD or Euros.
Yeah it's a bit hard to work out what it's fully capable of. [/quote]
Last edited by aMUSEd on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”