Exponential Audio Excalibur

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thing is amazing :tu:
Last edited by Motion on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
01001001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101100 01101100 01100101 01100100 00100000 00100010 01000100 01100001 01101001 01110011 01111001 00101110 00100010

Yep

Fantastic quality delay and pitch fx. Sold on those alone. The ring mood is rather good too
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

I didn't have to demo it very long- purchased.

I demoed this plugin.
Low CPU usage and modulation heaven!
Great :tu:

It does sound good and there is a lot going on with regard to parameters. Not an essential buy for me so no cash coming out yet.

I do wish it had little arrows so you could scroll through presets rather than going through a menu.

Heartfeltdawn wrote: I do wish it had little arrows so you could scroll through presets rather than going through a menu.
You can use the arrow keys on keyboard.

^^
So you can. Thanks for the tip :)

Heartfeltdawn wrote:^^
So you can. Thanks for the tip :)
Would still like arrows though, sometimes in a DAW pressing keys can have unpredictable results, if you are mousing on a plugin anyway to change params it feels more natural to click on arrows than use the keyboard.

Finally got a chance to play, going through the presets with my guitar, a soniccouture rhodes sample instrument and some percussion multi's.

My initial impressions were quite pleasing, especially for the guitar, there seems to be a somewhat dare I say "hardware quality to the sounds".

I will probably purchase just for a few particular sounds for now and hope some talented sound designers get behind it, because I really don't know if I can be bothered understanding its architecture beyond some basic tweaking.

I find some intruments/ effects really invite me to explore and understand them, Serum for example. This doesn't seem like it will, but I haven't cracked the manual yet so who knows.

I suppose what sells me apart from the quality is the potential.

Edit: I'm an idiot, using the arrow buttons on the computer keyboard brings up a wealth of presets showing its power. ILok moaners beware, this one could change your righteous and holy path it's a must have for me.
Last edited by afcollett on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michael,
I`m having trouble to understand upgrade path.
When upgrading from any existing license does it mean it becomes a bundle ?
This would mean one cannot deal with them in a separate manner (e.g. resales, dongle placement)

Can you please comment on the difference between upgrade and regular single license ?
At the moment the price is close enough to think about it.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

This is one killer plug in. It's all I've been using on the last two cd's I've mixed and it's been an absolute joy. To me it doesn't matter that it sounds like hardware ( and it does! ) it just matters that it sounds fantastic.
Anton Evans
Please visit
http://www.villageworkscanada.com

Bought it without any testing...
Because it's from Michael Carnes, and i love Phoenix and R2.

However, one and a half days later i have to say it's just amazing.
It's already in use in 2 projects...
"high end hardware quality" is what comes to my mind.

Congrats, Michael! :tu:

Wow. Best delay plugin I have used. Incredibly lush. Just what I've been looking for for years. And I realize that only barely scratches the surface.

Andy B

Omkar wrote:Michael,
I`m having trouble to understand upgrade path.
When upgrading from any existing license does it mean it becomes a bundle ?
This would mean one cannot deal with them in a separate manner (e.g. resales, dongle placement)

Can you please comment on the difference between upgrade and regular single license ?
At the moment the price is close enough to think about it.
A bundle is indivisible. It can't be split among iLoks (although the whole bundle can be moved) and the pieces can't be sold separately. That's the reason for more favorable pricing. If you need different bits on different iLoks, you need to buy them separately.

Just bought it! Amazing.

Return to “Effects”