Waves Native pricing to be retired.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anybody know anything more about this?
http://www.waves.com/

Is Native increasing to Soundgrid, or the other way around?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Reading elsewhere, I suspect they're 'merging' the separate Native/Soundgrid lines into one unified product line. I dont think that means there'll be no native plugins, but rather that there'll be no Native plugins. ie there'll be versions which still run on Windows/OSX, they just wont be called 'Native'.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... -mean.html

It might mean the RRPs go up, but who pays RRP for Waves? Waves will blow them out cheap constantly anyway.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Reading elsewhere, I suspect they're 'merging' the separate Native/Soundgrid lines into one unified product line. I dont think that means there'll be no native plugins, but rather that there'll be no Native plugins. ie there'll be versions which still run on Windows/OSX, they just wont be called 'Native'.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... -mean.html

It might mean the RRPs go up, but who pays RRP for Waves? Waves will blow them out cheap constantly anyway.
I didn't even consider them merging Native and Soundgrid into a single product category.
I was just thinking about price.

You're right though, they constantly blow them out at ~50% off so they can't realistically bump them up to Soundgrid pricing now. I suspect most users won't even be affected. Hoping this way anyway.

whyterabbyt wrote:It might mean the RRPs go up, but who pays RRP for Waves? Waves will blow them out cheap constantly anyway.
Exactly, not a big problem. Every weekend there's a sale and every now and then distributors have those 50/60/70% OFF.
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

Pretty sure it means prices will go up. At least this was the impression I got from today's marketing email.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:Pretty sure it means prices will go up. At least this was the impression I got from today's marketing email.
Pretty sure the opposite ;)
The dbx160 that was released today is priced at $149 for both native and SG.
That seems normal native price to me.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:Pretty sure it means prices will go up. At least this was the impression I got from today's marketing email.
Well, the marketing spam said "save now before native pricing is RETIRED (edit)". So I would interpret it as prices will go up. Not that I care much as I have pretty much every Waves plugin I want already.
Last edited by robotmonkey on Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Well, the marketing spam said "save now before native pricing is required". So I would interpret it as prices will go up. Not that I care much as I have pretty much every Waves plugin I want already.
Dont know then.
Guess we'll just need to wait to find out.

And I'm the same, apart from potentially the dbx I'm done as well.

robotmonkey wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Well, the marketing spam said "save now before native pricing is required". So I would interpret it as prices will go up. Not that I care much as I have pretty much every Waves plugin I want already.
That's what you say now - but as soon as new interesting plugins are launched (H-Reverb, ...) your buying reflex will react.

Harry_HH wrote: That's what you say now - but as soon as new interesting plugins are launched (H-Reverb, ...) your buying reflex will react.
That's true. :hihi: Actually H-Reverb is the only plugin that has generated a mild interest in me for a long time.
No signature here!

Looks like a lot of new Waves users. Waves plugins have been on sale for about a year now. Its over. Thats all it means. No more 20% off for 2 plugins ect.

Is Native increasing to Soundgrid, or the other way around?
:lol:
There ya have it...

Ah marketing.

"You lack this... that... this deadline... You'll miss out..."

Phux.

There is now such a thing as DEADLINE, i bought plugins from many Companies 3 days
after deadline...they HAD to honor it...not that they had to but ,,ok, if you don't
give it to me i go somewhere else'' so i'd better make 90$ instead of of 120$ then 0.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Many customers have retired waves long ago!

I don't know if it's deliberate or not, but this sure is confusing marketing from Waves. From what I gather it's two things happening;

- the 30/35/40 percent off of single plugins sale is to be retired (one hell of a way of saying a sale is ending)
- soundgrid and native are merging, one pricing

So if you buy native plugins on a sale now, you get them as soundgrid version when they merge. So if you use soundgrid, you can save MORE with the native sale that's going on at the moment, but you can save anyway when they merge. So they're luring soundgrid users to buy native versions. Maybe a couple of confused native users also..

Note, this is how I understand it, don't take my word for granted.

In my opinion it'd be incredibly stupid to raise prices of native version unless they have created a huge agreement of raising every single plugin vendors pricing.

I've said it before, and will say again, Waves would never get away with such shady marketing in the corners of the world I live in.

Return to “Effects”