IK Multimedia Gear Credits Changes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hahahahaha... I'll let you be the expert on that one, Dolemite. :D

I don't have any gear credits left so I don't have a horse in this race but if IK wants to avoid any further ill will all they have to do is announce exactly which plugins are going to go up and which are going to go down before they actually implement the restructuring so people can make informed decisions about whether to spend or save the credits they've already paid for.....seems pretty simple to me........ :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I think it's fairly safe to assume that MOST, if not all prices will go up. ;)
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

From the announcement e-mail.............: "Some products will require more Gear Credits and some will cost less".
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

sidrat wrote:Classic IK thread - so much whining and complaining before ANY specifics are known by ANYONE. Hahahaha... LOL
You just summed up the internet!

Hahaha... thanks for stopping by to start the name-calling. Guess I must have struck a nerve. :hihi:
Nahh. Ive seen enough trolls that one more isnt going to phase me. Thanks for giving me your full attention. :clap:
There ya have it...

If I'm a troll, does that make you the forum police??

My apologies, Mr. Policeman, I didn't realize that I couldn't state an opinion that differs from yours. I'll try to do better and agree with you completely, or better yet, not say anything at all on your forum... lest you call me even more hurtful names, LOL. :lol:

Please do yourself a favor and stay away from any sharp objects. :hihi:

sidrat, do you have any credits in the IK store?
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

surferman wrote:sidrat, do you have any credits in the IK store?
Yes, surferman, I do. I've mentioned it a few times in this thread... how about you? FWIW, I'm starting to wonder how many folks who are making a fuss are actually impacted by the credits restructuring?

Not that it matters to anyone what I think, but I agree completely with Funkybot's Evil Twin that the information IK released is completely useless. Some prices will go up, some down, which communicates exactly nothing of any value whatsoever to customers' decision making process. The only effect is to generate some FUD, presumably to get people to cash in their chips, and to cover themselves to nobody can say they weren't warned.

Personally, after the sales etc this year, I have enough credits left to buy all the Amplitube bits I don't have (T-RackS is already fully loaded), with a few left over, not a lot, so I definitely have skin in the game.

I'm still undecided on whether to cash in before the price increase or not, but since IK didn't communicate any real info, my presumption is that they said what they did to get us to spend our credits now, which implies it's to our advantage to hold onto them.

Bogus "logic" on my part, but it's all I've got based on the "info" we have.

sidrat wrote:
surferman wrote:sidrat, do you have any credits in the IK store?
Yes, surferman, I do. I've mentioned it a few times in this thread... how about you? FWIW, I'm starting to wonder how many folks who are making a fuss are actually impacted by the credits restructuring?
You said you bought a lot on sale then used a bunch so I wasn't sure you still had any. I had over 300 left that I was planning to use on the new stuff. I'm glad IK gave a heads up. Not so happy with the lack of information in the message.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

i have a lot of credits left (something to the tune of 600). however, i'm not really bothered by this. yes, the "heads up" is meaningless and kinda shady marketing, but really, when was the last time you bought anything IK at full price? consider last T-Racks sale - 5 for 1 or whatever it was. so, suppose that "1" will cost 150 credits instead of 125. big deal, you're still getting 4 more units for free. amps are a different animal, but amps aren't that expensive in the first place, and i doubt you'll ever want to buy *all* of them unless you're suffering from collector's OCD.

so really, i don't see this as such a big deal. now, if they only dropped transfer fees, adjusted their prices to include VAT and didn't destroy resale value by constant sales as much... :-)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

surferman wrote: You said you bought a lot on sale then used a bunch so I wasn't sure you still had any. I had over 300 left that I was planning to use on the new stuff. I'm glad IK gave a heads up. Not so happy with the lack of information in the message.
Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat - just sitting on my credits until they release something new I may want. :)

Burillo wrote: so really, i don't see this as such a big deal. now, if they only dropped transfer fees, adjusted their prices to include VAT and didn't destroy resale value by constant sales as much... :-)
Totally agree with you on the transfer fees. There's got to be a better way to handle that, IMO... I'm fine with the sales, though! :D

Return to “Effects”