IK Multimedia Gear Credits Changes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We can't all wish for sales when we want to buy, and diss them when we want to sell...

Biggest policy change I'd really appreciate would be letting you sell Custom Shop purchases.

dwozzle wrote:
Biggest policy change I'd really appreciate would be letting you sell Custom Shop purchases.
Plus one. I just have too much stuff and being a bit fickle I'd like someone else to be able to use it (and put it to better use)

IKM are great :-)

They only charge $15 per product for license transfer.

I've 5 powered by ST synths. SapleTRon, SampåleTank 2, SampleMoog, Sonik Synth and Philly. And 15 soundbanks.
All that for $300 - in transfer fee - only :-)

But I won't charge much for the synths. I'll offer Sonik Synth for free as a bonus :-)

IKM has always had a kind of Jekyll and Hyde personality. They've got their policies to extract money (and piss people off) like charging for transferring licenses, or charging to re-download what you already bought, or not letting you sell Custom Shop purchases. They alienated a bunch of users on iOS with their ads in apps people had bought. Compared to a lot of iOS apps, their pricing is pretty high when you start adding up all the IAPs.

Then, they have some of the craziest sales I've ever seen. Once you've seen the sales cycle enough, it's hard to buy anything they sell at full price. I don't see how they could let people sell Custom Shop purchases, because that could actually open up a way for customers to actually make some extra money. Buy low, and sell high. I'm pretty sure there isn't a software company in the world that wants to create a thriving used market for their goods.

For the record, I'm not actually complaining about them raising prices. I'm complaining about the mixed messages they've sent out: Some gear will go up, some will go down. "We're doing this to make a better experience for you by evening our pricing across the board."
Since when is such useless information a "courtesy". The hope is that if they take enough heat for it, maybe they'll think twice about putting stuff like this out in the future. Although, there's a lot of politicians that are much worse in the way to word things, and they keep getting re-elected.

dwozzle wrote: Bogus "logic" on my part, but it's all I've got based on the "info" we have.
Might sound bogus, Dwozzle, but I'm thinking the same. Maybe best hold onto them :shrug:

Edit: however, there's a half-price AmpliTube 3 sale until March 1 (http://www.ikmultimedia.com/atkd/)

:shrug: Any news?

Angle Loss wrote::shrug: Any news?
I'm looking now. Everything looks like....the same. Unless the price changes haven't happened yet, the prices of everything that I don't have already looks the same it did when I last used an IKM product 3 or 4 months ago.

If anything did change, it's really insignificant.

:shrug:

No changes have been made yet.

sfd wrote: They only charge $15 per product for license transfer.
Surely they changed that, it's illegal to charge in Europe, they are European
Duh

If that's true I'll sell all my IKM garbage really cheap right away :-)

bungle wrote:
sfd wrote: They only charge $15 per product for license transfer.
Surely they changed that, it's illegal to charge in Europe, they are European
IK is fully compliant with applicable laws in every country in which it does business, including with regard to transfer policy. If you have further questions or issues with this, please contact directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-us

sfd wrote:IKM are great :-)

They only charge $15 per product for license transfer.

I've 5 powered by ST synths. SapleTRon, SampåleTank 2, SampleMoog, Sonik Synth and Philly. And 15 soundbanks.
All that for $300 - in transfer fee - only :-)

But I won't charge much for the synths. I'll offer Sonik Synth for free as a bonus :-)
If you feel you have a case for combining transfer fees or similar, our support team is available at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi - I can't make any guarantees but it doesn't hurt to ask and personally I think it would be great to have our products in the hands of a new happy customer as that is good for future business from them as it sounds like you won't be providing much more of that.

Quite true, it may be interesting indeed to start off as a new IK user buying "second hand" first and then move on up through the IK realm of fine instruments, effects and libraries.
I got to know them since last year and now I'm a happy camper, loving their T-RackS, AmpliTube and SampleTank. Even good old Miroslav! IK rocks :tu:

last January 20 (2015) I bought my first Ik multimedia product, IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.

Since then I have bought also:
* SampleTank 3 UPGRADE
* T-RackS CS Grand UPGRADE
* T-RackS CS British Studio
* Ampeg SVX
* AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix Anniversary Collection

I'm an Ik Addict, I need help :P

Return to “Effects”