AudioThing Frostbite 2 - Spectral Freeze, Ring Mod, Feedback - Update v2.2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Frostbite

Is it not possible to modulate "Fade Out", "HighPass" and "Size" of the Freeze in realtime?

When I try to modulate any of these functions while I'm playing, the input gets reset, also when I have got a sound frozen, and try to change the size, it abruptly cuts off.

This is not helpful when trying to mangle with sounds.

Hope it is me overseeing something

Unfortunately not, the Freeze module is based on a couple of things, including convolution, so it has to recalculate everything.
We are working on an update (actually we are going to update all our effects) but I'm not sure if I'm going to change that algorithm.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

audiothing wrote:We are working on an update (actually we are going to update all our effects) but I'm not sure if I'm going to change that algorithm.
If the modulation can't be done in real time, it hampers the use of it in a live situation.

Hope it is something you can look into to find a work around somehow. Just to have a bit smoother cutoff (rather than the abrupt cut that happens when touching the size now) would be of help.

Another useful function to implement in an update would be the possibility to pan the dry and wet signals, now they can only sit on top of each other in the mix

Quite happy I bought it nevertheless.

After a couple of hours with it tweaking, I managed to find its sweet spot, adding fatness and shine to the plug I put through it :party:

Frostbite is plugin like no other. It's on my wishlist, but when I tried demo version in FL Studio it uses about 20% CPU per instance and freezes my DAW. Really "freeze" module included in this plugin... :( :hihi:
yzcoruhT

Numanoid wrote:Quite happy I bought it nevertheless.

After a couple of hours with it tweaking, I managed to find its sweet spot, adding fatness and shine to the plug I put through it :party:
Awesome, enjoy! Also thanks for the suggestions, I'll see what I can do but can't promise anything.
U-o wrote:Frostbite is plugin like no other. It's on my wishlist, but when I tried demo version in FL Studio it uses about 20% CPU per instance and freezes my DAW. Really "freeze" module included in this plugin... :( :hihi:
lol :) the next update will definitely improve on the CPU usage (especially when recalculating parameters) and overall stability but 20% is definitely too much for one instance. There could be some other problems there.
On my MacBook with Ableton Live, the CPU goes to max 5% with one instance.
If you want send me your details, OS, CPU, RAM, buffer size etc... here: http://www.audiothing.net/contact/

The frost certainly has got a hold on me

Numanoid wrote:The frost certainly has got a hold on me
Cool :D

I have seen a coupon with 20% off for Frostbite somewhere in forum - or am I crazy? Is is still valid? If not, will wait for Christmas sale... :wink:
yzcoruhT

Why settle for 20% off, I got it for 40% off last week with code F8C648A4BF, thanks to TrackSpark :tu:

But I think it is over now, the deal was on November 17-22, according to the offers I got

Thanks Num. No problem, I'll wait for Christmas.
Numanoid wrote:Why settle for 20% off, I got it for 40% off last week with code F8C648A4BF, thanks to TrackSpark :tu:

But I think it is over now, the deal was on November 17-22, according to the offers I got
yzcoruhT

Yes, that was a limited offer with TrackSpark. Stay tuned for the Xmas sale :)

Update v1.5.0
To update, please go to: http://www.audiothing.net/updates/

List of new features/fixes:
- Values can now be input with text
- Better parameter smoothing
- Improved CPU performance
- Added Mono->Stereo channel configuration

We've also changed the demo restriction to 3 seconds of silence every 40 seconds.

audiothing wrote:Update v1.5.0
To update, please go to: http://www.audiothing.net/updates/

List of new features/fixes:
- Values can now be input with text
- Better parameter smoothing
- Improved CPU performance
- Added Mono->Stereo channel configuration

We've also changed the demo restriction to 3 seconds of silence every 40 seconds.
The buttons are still not sending back the correct info to the host, so all the dials are now working, but the buttons are still sending 0-1.00
Effect bypass button should read On/Off
Signal Chain buttons A/B/C/D/E/F
It needs this for mapping in things like Maschine and to make automation a better experience in host
All other controls are working great now though
Cheers
Duh

Yes, same here.
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

Return to “Effects”