Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
TB-ProAudio
KVRist

315 posts since 15 May, 2014, from Germany

Postby TB-ProAudio; Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:45 pm TBProAudio releases LA xLimit - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

TBProAudio releases LA xLimit, an advanced look ahead, wideband, linked-stereo limiter including ISP detection and oversampling. The goal of the design was to cover a broad range of limiting applications in today's mixing and mastering situations with strong focus on low aliasing.

LA xLimit offers following features:
  • click-free 64-bit internal processing
  • state of the art low aliasing look ahead limiter design
  • "real" oversampling, up to 8x
  • 4 limiter modes: hard to smooth
  • 2 level detection modes: peak and ISP based on ITU 1770
  • very short/long attack/release times
  • adaptive release
  • easy to use GUI
  • large and accurate live meters

System Requirements:
  • Windows XP or newer
  • Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
  • Win: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • OS X: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32/64 Bit AU, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • Tested with: Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab 6/7/8
  • Demo version available

Price: 99€
Last edited by TB-ProAudio on Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timman
KVRist

129 posts since 6 Mar, 2014, from Moon

Postby Timman; Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:18 am Re: TBProAudio releases LA xLimit - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Downloading the demo right now. Just curious, what's this "real" oversampling feature?
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o
Nightpolymath
KVRAF

2205 posts since 14 Jan, 2013, from L'Écosse

Postby Nightpolymath; Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:57 am Re: TBProAudio releases LA xLimit - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

I had the same question. I assume other plugins use fake oversampling?
TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Postby TB-ProAudio; Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:45 am Re: TBProAudio releases LA xLimit - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

"Real" oversampling means hq upsampling, processing and hq downsampling.
Everything else introduces too much aliasing.

TBProAudio
Nightpolymath
KVRAF

Postby Nightpolymath; Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:42 am Re: TBProAudio releases LA xLimit - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Thanks. I'll do an evaluation tonight or tomorrow and perhaps run some tests against two of the cleanest limiters I use at the moment, the AOM and Sonoris. Should be interesting. The description looks promising enough.
Nightpolymath
KVRAF

Postby Nightpolymath; Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:20 am Re: TBProAudio releases LA xLimit - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Well I've been testing this limiter for a bit and I am getting audible clicks when changing the threshold (Logic Pro X/Yosemite). This is not something I see using the Elephant or PSP Limiter, for instance. The clicks will occur for about a second before everything goes back to normal again. On Voxengo SPAN these show up as brief (in)harmonic artifacts as the threshold is changed. I am running some test sine waves through this puppy. Otherwise this limiter is clean as a whistle (as advertised), producing a nice, uncolored response and perfect for the master bus. Same goes to the Impress compressor.
TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Postby TB-ProAudio; Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:34 am Re: TBProAudio releases LA xLimit - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Thanks for the feedback. We doing some optimisations to reduce the clicks. Stay tuned :-)
TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Postby TB-ProAudio; Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:52 am Re: TBProAudio releases LA xLimit - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Update to 1.1:

- Link/Unlink stereo channels
- Adaptive release optimizations
- Small fixes
TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Postby TB-ProAudio; Mon May 04, 2015 9:06 pm Re: TBProAudio releases LA xLimit - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Update to 1.3:
- small fixes for samplerate change and adaptive release.
djscorb
KVRian

637 posts since 3 May, 2007, from UK

Postby djscorb; Tue May 05, 2015 11:13 pm Re: TBProAudio releases LA xLimit - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

The GUI could use some work, quite ugly and makes the plugin look amateurish or like freeware. Just being honest.

Can't say I like elephant's gui either and that's my go to limiter so it's not the be all and end all but I thought it worth mentioning. At $99 you are up against stiff competition and limiter no6 and Barricade are much cheaper/free, have great GUIs and sound amazing.

My background is in graphic design but you can take or leave my comments ;)

Might try the demo though, what type / styles of music did you optimise the limiter for when testing?

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...
Nightpolymath
KVRAF

Postby Nightpolymath; Wed May 06, 2015 6:13 am Re: TBProAudio releases LA xLimit - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Hard and normal mode are unusable for me. It really comes into its own at an OS level 4x with ISP switched on (in Smooth mode), with results on par with AOM or Elephant for transparency. But only if you don't push it too hard. This one is very CPU hungry as well - only use on the master bus! I may have to pass - too many good limiters in my stable at the moment.
TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Postby TB-ProAudio; Wed May 06, 2015 8:40 pm Re: TBProAudio releases LA xLimit - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

djscorb wrote:what type / styles of music did you optimise the limiter for when testing?

Thanks for the feedback.
It is only optimized for clarity, no special sound/music style: lowest aliasing/distortion at all GR levels.

Regards
krsm
KVRer

2 posts since 6 May, 2015

Postby krsm; Wed May 06, 2015 9:26 pm Re: TBProAudio releases LA xLimit - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

when turning up attack knob, GR meter get less reactive and it seems to through the transient, but keeps brickwall limiting.
Does this plugin has two stage that clipper-like protector comes after limiter?
TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Postby TB-ProAudio; Wed May 06, 2015 9:32 pm Re: TBProAudio releases LA xLimit - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Yes, LA xLimiter includes clip protection if attack is used.
krsm
KVRer

2 posts since 6 May, 2015

Postby krsm; Mon May 11, 2015 5:49 am Re: TBProAudio releases LA xLimit - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Good sounding, stable, and cheap GUI doesn't matter for me. This is one of the best limiter plugin, except for meter's visibility.
In, out and GR meter are hard to see, in addition clipper reduction is not displayed.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects