One year since any Amplitube Custom Shop *amps* have been released... :(

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 4 AmpliTube Custom Shop

i don't know if IK nails the Orange sound, or doesn't, as i never owned any Oranges... but i can say that IK orange amps are one of my favorites. in fact, trying some of the other amps recently made me realize just how much i love the Amplitube Orange amps (and also the Jet City and the Wreck - these, together with Oranges, Moller and OCD are my goto stuff).

not only that, i have to say once again (and to counter a few sentiments expressed by others here) that i find the Custom Shop thing, despite some of its flaws, a godsend. just the other day i fixed my guitar wiring, and wanted to test some Brainworx amps, and found that i was unable to do so because the demos have expired. this is in contrast to Amplitube, where i once again started a few more demos to see some of the amps i don't own from a fresh perspective, and was able to do so. i don't really think that much about it, but i'm thankful every time it comes in handy, because being able to demo stuff without limitations multiple times is that much more useful than the standard 14-day trial period.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Wow...im amazed that MESA have put their incredible sound to virtual world finally,i never thought they would...if all is true to form i will be able to nail hetfields black album tone!!....yeah baby!
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

i don't think one will be able to nail Black Album tone though, as i've heard that they recorded in a way that it wasn't just "one sound" but rather a mix of lots of different amps and guitars at once (especially on Sad But True).

that said, i do wonder how would that sound, and if IK would provide black album presets :D i'm not big on presets, but i'd definitely try a few from the Mesa pack.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:i don't think one will be able to nail Black Album tone though, as i've heard that they recorded in a way that it wasn't just "one sound" but rather a mix of lots of different amps and guitars at once (especially on Sad But True).

that said, i do wonder how would that sound, and if IK would provide black album presets :D i'm not big on presets, but i'd definitely try a few from the Mesa pack.
Yeah there was a little sarcasm in my post burillo(a year and a half in the life of metallica is well worth watching for the recording of that album)...that said hetfield used the mk3 i believe from 'master' up until around 'st anger'..i confident on some presets being absent with the software

I actually wrote a longer post in response to Peter, but I pulled this into PM-mode.

One thing however:
IIRC, Hetfield used a hotrodded Marshall for "Master of Puppets", as his Mesa Boogie was unavailable around that time (stolen - at least that's how the story goes).

Else, he does prefer Mesa's on all of his productions. The mk II-C+ (rewired), the 100 and the Mk IV. As mentioned several times in interviews, biographies and what have you - see example
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Of course, anyone messing with amp sims realizes that it's more than just the amp, it's also the cabinet and how it's mic'd up.
And how many times it's tracked.
And post EQ.
etc.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Ik multimedia just need bob rock and randy onboard and we can have a full hetfield rig now!

Wow, have we now did a complete 180 and totally reverted back to 10 years ago?
"How can I get that high gain metal Metallica sound from an amp sim" :hihi:
I thought we hit that apex about 7 years ago. I think just about every amp sim and their mom's amp sim has at least some option to be able to do a mid scooped high gain metal sound without much effort.

That is not a rip on Mesa or IK in anyway. I am happily awaiting the release.
It just reminded me of that certain legendary 250+ page thread about that one high gain amp sim that was never released back 2005/2006 and everyone wanted to know how to get that Metallica sound from an ITB ampsim back then.

Burillo wrote:i don't know if IK nails the Orange sound, or doesn't, as i never owned any Oranges... but i can say that IK orange amps are one of my favorites. in fact, trying some of the other amps recently made me realize just how much i love the Amplitube Orange amps (and also the Jet City and the Wreck - these, together with Oranges, Moller and OCD are my goto stuff).
Completely agree! I would add Soldano--I love it with the Slash cabs--and Wampler/T-Rex pedals to that list 8)

Where are the demo videos?

Angle Loss wrote:Where are the demo videos?
We just released another video a few minutes ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCgrdSVoV3A

Nice! Pre-ordering...
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Must say that those Mark ones sound very true to the real thing.

b15fliptop wrote:Nice! Pre-ordering...
Great! I'm sure you will be impressed, MESA is :)
bharris22 wrote:Must say that those Mark ones sound very true to the real thing.
Glad to hear that, this should save me some cash as I don't have much MESA gear laying around the house unfortunately.

We are just about a month away from release, so preorder while you can as the price is going up to the non-intro pricing as soon as we release it (September 1, 2015). http://www.ikmultimedia.com/mesa for more information.

These new amps sound very nice from the little examples I've heard. I'm sure they'll be another steller release from IK!
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Return to “Effects”