Tantra v1.1 released, sales

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tantra

NNevez wrote:The Tantra update 1.0.2 is giving me an error on installation and thus not installing.

"The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software developer for assistance" :help:

Running OSX 10.9.5.
Same here.. OS X 10.9.5 here also.
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Same here on OS X 10.9.5. Also tried unzipping the mac files on a Windows machine - experienced a corrupt mac zip file, as well.

Code: Select all

May 18 19:55:01 Matts-iMac.local installd[718]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
May 18 19:55:01 Matts-iMac.local installd[718]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Tantra Audio Unit.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7fdb49484040 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7fdb515684d0 "archive verify failed", NSFilePath=/var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/C/PKInstallSandboxManager/553034B0-8C30-467B-A5B5-F04113ABF06F.activeSandbox/Root/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/matamoris/Downloads/Tantra%201.0.2.mpkg/Contents/Packages/Tantra%20Audio%20Unit.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.dmitrysches.pkg.tantraau, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Tantra Audio Unit.pkg”.} {
	    NSFilePath = "/var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/C/PKInstallSandboxManager/553034B0-8C30-467B-A5B5-F04113ABF06F.activeSandbox/Root/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components";
	    NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while extracting files from the package \U201cTantra Audio Unit.pkg\U201d.";
	    NSURL = "file://localhost/Users/matamoris/Downloads/Tantra%201.0.2.mpkg/Contents/Packages/Tantra%20Audio%20Unit.pkg";
	    NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=PKXARArchiveErrorDomain Code=101 \"archive verify failed\" UserInfo=0x7fdb51559460 {NSURL=file:///Users/matamoris/Downloads/Tantra%201.0.2.mpkg/Contents/Packages/Tantra%20Audio%20Unit.pkg#Payload, NSFileOwnerAccountID=501, NSFileHFSTypeCode=0, NSFileSystemFileNumber=11319258, NSFileExtensionHidden=false, NSFileSystemNumber=16777224, NSFileSize=29299591, NSFileGroupOwnerAccountID=20, NSFileOwnerAccountName=matamoris, NSFilePosixPermissions=420, NSFileHFSCreatorCode=0, NSFileCreationDate=2015-05-18 10:15:44 +0000, NSFileType=NSFileTypeRegular, NSFileExtendedAttributes={\n    \"com.apple.quarantine\" = <30303432 3b353535 61383938 303b5361 66617269 3b423432 39443941 462d4632 43362d34 3831332d 41323041 2d344638 33414441 32314230 32>;\n}, NSFileGroupOwnerAccountName=staff, NSFileReferenceCount=1, NSFileModification
May 18 19:55:02 Matts-iMac.local Installer[10331]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
May 18 19:55:02 Matts-iMac.local Installer[10331]: IFDInstallController 18F1E2F0 state = 8
May 18 19:55:02 Matts-iMac.local Installer[10331]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
May 18 19:55:02 Matts-iMac.local Installer[10331]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

Oh sorry for that, the Mac installer has been suddenly corrupted during the upload, my bad. I just have fixed that. Could you please re-download, it works now:

http://dmitrysches.com/files/TantraSetupMac_v102.zip

Will instances made in 1.01 load correctly in 1.02? I'm in the middle of a project and noticed Cubase crashing a lot since I started using Tantra, but at the same time I dont want to loose my settings. Its probably ok, but wanted confirmation first if possible.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Yes, 1.02 will work fine in 1.01 saved sessions, there were no format changes or anything else. Please update to 1.02 as soon as possible if you are using Cubase/Nuendo, because it's just impossible to work there due to the bug. Since 1.02 it works well there.

Did a short review at http://rekkerd.org/review-tantra-rhythm ... try-sches/

In short, loved it :hihi:

Great job Dmitry!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Which reminds me to ask.. Dmitry is there a technical reason why the factory parches come as four banks not everything in one bank or each type in their own bank? Ehats the thought process being how the banks have been implemented and delivered.

Thanks.
Rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Which reminds me to ask.. Dmitry is there a technical reason why the factory parches come as four banks not everything in one bank or each type in their own bank? Ehats the thought process being how the banks have been implemented and delivered.

Thanks.
Rsp
I was able to consolidate all of the presets into the the Preset A folder. They all seem to show up, so there doesn't appear to be a technical reason for splitting the presets across four sets.

thanks.
I suspect the next update may undo your work (don't remember if you have the option to not install presets)
rsp
sound sculptist

You could just move them all into bank ... E :)
I made a folder for each type (DRM, FLT, GL etc) and moved them all respectively.
:hug:

Makes sense :-)
Dmitry, please, pretty please, just in case no one else has asked.
I would love an undo/redo especially for the modulator window.. sometimes I accidentally remove steps .
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks Ronnie a lot for the review, awesome :tu:

There is no any technical reason for presets splitting. I just decided to divide all patches into 4 groups, which would have equal value from musical point, so it's just matter of my taste, there are no limitations.

"Undo/Redo" feature is one of those ones I wanted most to be implemented. It's harder to implement it as soon as plugin already made, but I'll try my best for one of the future updates. Really nice suggestion Richard, thanks.

Thanks. :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

I wrote a review for Tantra on Bedroom Producer's Blog, which I'm now a writer at. Bear in mind that I get NFR licenses to review this stuff, big disclaimer and flashing lights! So you might want to be slightly skeptical... But I believe I'm reasonably objective both in general, and when I say this thing kicks arse :)

There's also an audio demo of Tantra working it's magic on the output of a patch I made in Sugar Bytes Egoist. I think the two make a great combination! I post these audio demos because they show what's possible without using presets, after experimenting with the plugin for a few hours.

http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2015/05 ... ra-review/
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Return to “Effects”