Meter with slope control

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know of a VST RMS meter with a variable response control? Something similar to how in span you can set the per octave slope of the analyzer but with a meter? If you filtered pink noise with it it would show the same level throughout the spectrum kinda thing.

Thanks!

Oh, now I get it. I just wanted to drop a couple of FFT's that can use "slope settings" (e.g. Melda MAnalyzer or DMGAudio Dualism). But what you're after, is actually a "custom prefilter" (or pre-emphasis, also sometimes known as "weighting filter") for a metering tool.

I don't know of a custom one - though you can try to the Melda Production Plugins (IIRC, MAnalyzer can use a custom pre-filter). Else, a starting point might be the Brainworx bs_meter, which comes with A, C an K weighting.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

DMG Audio Dualism has a 1/n analyser with continuously variable slope.

So, you could have one bar per octave, 1/3 octave dividions or even one bar per semitone with any slope you like from -6 to +6 dB per octave. 3dB is most useful to me on any analyser and will give a flat response to a pink noise input.

Dualism has plenty of other useful options for this graph type including the ability to super impose another channel as well (mid and side for instance).

Not aware of any others but you could try the manuals for Bluecat's and Vengeance's ones ;)

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Just noticed you mentioned an RMS analyser!

DMG Dualism also has this with variable slope but it is currently fixed at 1/3 octave divisions. Maybe 1 and 1/12 will be added in an update though ;)

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Return to “Effects”