TBProAudio releases dpMeter - Free Digital Precision Meter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
dpMeter 1

Well, correct :wink:

AAX released, still V1.4

Looks great, thanks for the freebie :)

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

1.4.2:
- Automation: max levels extended
- TP measurement adjusted according BS 1770 beyond 44/48K
- SL/ML update every 100ms according EBU R128 spec

Holy balls this is nice. WOW. There are just not a lot of competent free meter suites out there so... thank you!
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

Update to 1.4.3:
- ML 10Hz update fix

Ok now i'm confused, i haven't used the free Tb meter but it has a setting which is correct at 7.8.. so what's the problem if one just chooses that?

TBAudio makes great sounding products for affordable prices. Check out their limiter also.
Can't wait to try this.

DrReacto wrote:TBAudio makes great sounding products for affordable prices. Check out their limiter also.
Can't wait to try this.
Thank you!

Update to 1.4.4:
RMS modes changed: RMS->RMS sum, RMS+3->RMS avg

TheoM wrote:Ok now i'm confused, i haven't used the free Tb meter but it has a setting which is correct at 7.8.. so what's the problem if one just chooses that?
What do you mean with "7.8"? Thank you.

TB-ProAudio wrote:Update to 1.4.4:
RMS modes changed: RMS->RMS sum, RMS+3->RMS avg
Thank you, much appreciated.

There is only one difference though when comparing to SPAN. The crest factor in average mode is 3 dB, while the Voxengo one shows 0 dB regardless of using RMS or RMS+3. Maybe Compyfox could tell which one is right, I am not the expert here.

Edit: I just realized that SPAN is showing "Max Crest Factor", sorry about that :oops:
It's easy if you know how

lesha wrote:Thank you, much appreciated.

There is only one difference though when comparing to SPAN. The crest factor in average mode is 3 dB, while the Voxengo one shows 0 dB
SPAN defines Crest as difference between Max RMS and current RMS
dpMeter defines Crest as difference between Max Peak and current RMS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crest_factor)

Stereo Sinus -12dB should give with dpMeter
RMS avg: -15.1
Max Peak: -12.0
Crest: 3.1
lesha wrote:...regardless of using RMS or RMS+3. ...
I hope new version shows RMS Sum and RMS Avg?

TB-ProAudio wrote:I hope new version shows RMS Sum and RMS Avg?
Yes, it does, thanks.
It's easy if you know how

TB-ProAudio wrote:
TheoM wrote:Ok now i'm confused, i haven't used the free Tb meter but it has a setting which is correct at 7.8.. so what's the problem if one just chooses that?
What do you mean with "7.8"? Thank you.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7#p6274777

in lesha's post it show tb meter matches the brainworx at - 7.8 with one particular setting, and i know brainworx is definitely correct.. so this is why i got all confused.. doesn't that mean one of TB's rms displays also correct?

Return to “Effects”