Wave Arts tube saturator 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TS-2 Tube Saturator

It seems a very good plugin has been upgraded in silence..

http://wavearts.com/products/plugins/ts2/
Last edited by hivkorn on Wed May 20, 2015 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Weird that they haven't removed the iLok text - or is that valid beside everything else?
Not a v9 plugin?

It's WaveArts, not Waves ;) (I think you're confused because you mention V9). That said, I never noticed them using iLok either. Hmmm

I changed all of my WA Plugins to iLok a long time ago.

Now I must compose an epistle asking them about upgrade pricing.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Now I must compose an epistle asking them about upgrade pricing.
I send them a mail to know if they are going to special update price..

I think they will. According to their FAQ:
Do you offer upgrade/crossgrade discounts?

Yes, if you already own Wave Arts plug-ins, we offer various discounts when upgrading from

earlier versions and when buying new products.

To upgrade, send an email to support@wavearts.com with your order number, serial number, or

email address used to purchase a previous version of plug-in(s). We will respond with a coupon

code that will let you purchase the latest versions with the discounts listed below.

Power Suite Plug-Ins
You are eligible for a:

$100 credit for each v5 plug-in you own
$75 for each v4 or v3 plug-in

provided the plug-in you own is the same as, or part of a bundle you wish to upgrade to.

Master Restoration Plug-Ins

Upgrade to Master Resoration Suite from individual MR plug-ins

You are eligible for a:

$250 credit for MR Noise
$50 credit for MR Hum, MR Click or MR Gate

Master Restoration discounts for Power Suite customers

Get $40 off Master Restoration Suite for each v5 Power Suite plug-in you own.
Of course, it would be even better if it was a free upgrade. :)

Looks like they just recently switched to Pace only (Ilok optional). I think it coincided with the release of Tube Saturator V2. Wich is a shame cause I was interested in this new V2 of Tube Saturator. I owned V1 a long time ago and for awhile it was the best saturator to me but then Ozone 5 Advanced was released and it sounded a little better so I sold Tube Saturator. But this new Tube Saturator has improved algorithms and improved CPU usage so I was interested in it but now that I see they used Pace i'll pass. I don't currently own any Wave Arts plugins and I'm glad I no longer do own any since they are now forcing users to use Pace but I was a seriouse and devout customer in the past since I owned almost all their plugins (Power Suite bundle, Tube Saturator, etc), and even tho I no longer own any of their plugins I always had them marked as a good company and one that I may go back to one day in the future cause they were a good company but this latest Pace move puts them in a different light with me. Typical with greedy companies is that when they finally get better sounding algorithms they raise the price dramatically or add a dongle or both, either way something very extreme is done once they achieve the smallest sonic improvements.

I will now mark Wave Arts as a company i'll stay away from and really regret spending all the money I did with them in the past. I supported them partly because they were a Pure-Native and customer-friendly company without draconian practices but I see time has now shown me other-wise. No Tube Saturator v2 for me but also no more Wave Arts for me. A bit sad cause I thought they were a better company than what they are showing now, such draconian practices tells me a company doesn't care for it's customers only for itself and corporate-greed. Just my beliefs wich i'll vote according to by not spending my dollars, YMMV.

PS. I would not have written this long post if it didn't truly bother me but it does since I trusted them and spent a lot of money with them in the past based on how I perceived them as a good company, and I was genuinely interested in Tube Saturator v2 before I read the Pace crap, but now I know better.
Last edited by sounddesigner on Sun May 17, 2015 10:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

i actually switched from C/R to iLok voluntarily. did so with S-Gear too. being dependent on iLok sucks, but being dependent on C/R is worse. at least iLok will continue to work as long as it's not broken.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:i actually switched from C/R to iLok voluntarily. did so with S-Gear too. being dependent on iLok sucks, but being dependent on C/R is worse. at least iLok will continue to work as long as it's not broken.
I agree with you, not really found of c/r online activation...
Anyway, let's not start a new Ilok thread here.
Does anyone know how much it would cost to update from V1 to V2 ?
They don't seem to explain how much the upgrade costs for a single plug-in... :?
Hope it's not the 75 bucks I saw on the other post, cause it would be pretty expensive. 3/4 of the original price of Tube Saturator...

How do you switch license methods? I have Trackplug and would prefer it on my dongle to CR.

you contact support and they'll sort you out. they're pretty quick to reply.

i've sent them an email asking about upgrade price, they should reply soon.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

BDeep wrote:It's WaveArts, not Waves ;) (I think you're confused because you mention V9). That said, I never noticed them using iLok either. Hmmm
You're right, I did not have all the horses in the stables - fooled by your title saying Waves.

May I be excused, not having more than half the cup morning coffee? ;)
Last edited by lfm on Sun May 17, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PACE/iLok
All our plug-ins support PACE/iLok. Prior to activation, the plug-ins will allow you to start a 14-day trial by creating an iLok account. To unlock the plug-in after purchasing, go to our Product Registration page, select “PACE/iLok”, and enter your serial number. A PACE redeem code (looks like XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XX) will be displayed and also emailed to you. There are two ways to redeem the code and generate a license. When opening the plug-in a dialog window will appear and give you the option to Activate the plug-in, you can paste the PACE redeem code there, and proceed to create or login to an iLok account and then transfer the license to an iLok or your machine. Otherwise, go to http://www.ilok.com, create an iLok account, and download and install the iLok License Manager. Within the manager, under the Licenses menu, select “Redeem Activation Code” and paste your redeem code. Then transfer the license to either an iLok dongle or your machine. The plug-in will run only if it can find a license on an iLok or the machine.

When purchasing a plug-in suite, the redeem code will generate multiple licenses, one per plug-in in the suite, but the licenses are grouped together.
I don't remember having to contact support to make the switch. It was all done online via their product registration form.

http://wavearts.com/support/registration/

Yeah thanks I got it, you just need to run the install again and choose the iLok version then enter your serial on the registration page to enter an iLok code and put that in your iLok manager - simple. Thanks

Looking forward to trying this out. I only passed on the original because of the CPU.

Return to “Effects”