Computer Music #218+219 with Lindell Preamp 6x500

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On current research of vst preamps
I stumbled across interesting CM version of Lindell Audio 6x500 preamp shipped with CM 218, July 2015.

At a first glance the CM version is limited by missing LP/HP filters
but may serve very well as a taster of Lindell(+LSR) products.

Seems to be not on every online shop yet and I`m a bit under time pressure,
would love to read feedback/impressions later.

Found at Pocketmags as of now:
http://www.pocketmags.com/viewmagazine. ... tleid=2247
Last edited by Omkar on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

I have the original and it's wonderful!! That is a fantastic giveaway for anyone who hasn't tried it.

:tu:

yep, very nice plugin. does seem to add presence, before even using eq

8) Nice, thanks for letting us know.

thankyou omkar
the lindell pre make nice distortion sounds on bass

I've noticed that the vst is located in:
Lindell 6X-500 CM.vst\Contents\x64
(like BitterSweet v3 from Flux).

I've moved the .dll file in my main vst folder, does that interfere with its functions?
God save the Groove!

Had some time for it, it is an interesting combination of punch, detail and distortion.
Combined with what is shipped on CM #128, it is a steal when purchased and downloaded online.

One actually does have a full version with the workaround of using the splitter on S1 V3
or something like Blue Cat Audio MB-7 Mixer etc.

However, using preamps in context of a mix is still something I need to do more research
and anyone more experienced who likes to share comparisons with this preamp is welcomed.

@maurone dj
I assume you are using 64bit on pc, during installation you are asked where to place the plugin,
maybe you overlooked that ?
Replacing the vst .dll itself is ok yet as far as I know.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

This plug is almost top of my list.

I use it on tracks, busses and masters without fear.

Together with the Audifex STA Enhancer I find it almost perfect.

The Audiffex will clean up a muddy or limp track, while the Lindell will grunge it a little if it's too clean.

It's ridiculous that they're given away for the price of a mag.

Sometimes I look at high end plugs and think "Emperor's New Clothes", which is not to say I'm rubbishing good plugs.

You usually get what you pay for.

It's just that CM have broken the mould with these two beauties.

If there's a singer here I'd love to know what you think about putting your voice through the Audiffex or the Lindell CM plugs.

Do either of them make a good difference for you?
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

That shelving filters works amazing on acoustic guitars! ;-)

interesting
i'll try it
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Hi all,

Thanks for the interest in the Lindell Audio 6X-500 CM plugin :)

Please note that it's included with CM218, not 128 ;)

You can find out more about the plugin here: bit.ly/6X500CM

And here's full info on CM218 (for print or digital for PC/Mac/iOS/Android): bit.ly/CM218

…Remember, though, that 6X-500 CM is also included with our latest issue, CM219, so if you get that issue, you get 6X-500 CM *and* our latest plugin, SunRuys CM from audioD3CK. Along with the rest of the CM Plugins (there's almost 50 of them now!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vn6v5SjJ_I

Thanks,

Lee du-Caine
Editor
Computer Music

Havn't Bought CM for years now but when I saw that plugin included..
:love:

@Lee CM

According to your terms of use document that comes with the downloads, these plugins are for personal use only and cannot be used for music that is commercially released? It's worded as though it's not permitted.

"Any software supplied, including access codes and free trial codes, is for your personal use only and must not be sold, used for commercial purposes, supplied to any third party or uploaded to any websites."

I'm not talking about repackaging these plugins or sample packs to sell / distribute, or making sample packs, etc. I mean used in audio production that results in CD releases, music for film/TV, music sold on iTunes, etc.

Thanks.

macmuse wrote:@Lee CM

According to your terms of use document that comes with the downloads, these plugins are for personal use only and cannot be used for music that is commercially released? It's worded as though it's not permitted.

"Any software supplied, including access codes and free trial codes, is for your personal use only and must not be sold, used for commercial purposes, supplied to any third party or uploaded to any websites."

I'm not talking about repackaging these plugins or sample packs to sell / distribute, or making sample packs, etc. I mean used in audio production that results in CD releases, music for film/TV, music sold on iTunes, etc.

Thanks.
Besides the fact thay they are talking about reselling the plugins. There's no way they would either care or be able to enforce that unless they were psychotic.

Lee CM wrote:Hi all,

Thanks for the interest
The only complaint I have with your mag is that font you use
on the pictoral guides. It's like trying to converse with a drunk. :dog:
The font appears to have sobered up a little, but it's still absurd
in an international publication. Especially in a page where readers
are trying to figure things out.

Why don't you also use a squirrely font for the purchase and subscription pages?
Or the editorials?
Two guesses... :wink:

Return to “Effects”