UVI Relayer: Precision Creative Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Relayer

you have my eternal gratitude for this:

Seriously :)

Any thought's of more grid divisions in the future, or user defined ones?

gwok wrote:Hey there,

I'm noticing the Redux effect is driving my CPU from 11% to 70% if I have 32 repeats.

Seems a little expensive CPU-wise for a bitcrusher no?

I'm on Mavericks, Reaper/64bit

Thanks!

G
It seems a bit high, will have to check, but that's 32 instances of a high end Bit Crusher.
Probably not the kind that you found as a quick sample reduction in other FXs.
It was actually developed for another product (not yet released) and we though it would sound great in Relayer, but it's for sure not your daily bit crusher if you know what I mean :)
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

gwok wrote:you have my eternal gratitude for this:

Seriously :)

Any thought's of more grid divisions in the future, or user defined ones?
There is free option and you can just double click the slider and enter the value you want.

Still let us know if you find something that you would found useful
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote:
gwok wrote:
There is free option and you can just double click the slider and enter the value you want.

Still let us know if you find something that you would found useful

ahhhh.....omg!!

So i see it allows you to put in fractions - sweet!!

What I think would be really useful is if you could use that same logic for the tap to set the snap grid. For example right now, I can in type in any division I choose per tap (as I see it atm anyway)

What would be nice though is if you could set the global division and snap grid in the same fashion as you can per tap. So one could for eg. set the grid to 13/4 and work at that division. Whereas right now to work in 13/4 you would have to set each tap individually by double clicking.

So I guess like an input field in the "SNAP" area where you could input the division, and then the graphic would show and snap to that?

Does that make sense?

Ya, the Redux does sound crazy good :)

btw, check this out if you feel inclined to on the subdivision subject :)

http://www.vai.com/tempo-mental/

Good to see a new product get so much attention :)

But when it comes to delay plugs, can anything really touch Valhalla at the price they offer their plugs at?

Numanoid wrote:Good to see a new product get so much attention :)

But when it comes to delay plugs, can anything really touch Valhalla at the price they offer their plugs at?
Yes. Besides, this works differently and I believe they've described their product appropriately, as a "precision" creative delay.

Valhalla's plugins are absolutely wonderful. I've owned ValhallaRoom (and will buy again), I currently own both ValhallaVintageVerb and Valhalla Shimmer. I still have the demo installed for Ubermod, but have not purchased as I have so many other plugins that I use instead of it. I have nothing that does what this does... and more importantly, in the way that it does it.

Try the demo.

There is exactly 0 overlap between ÜberMod and Relayer.

Sampleconstruct wrote:There is exactly 0 overlap between ÜberMod and Relayer.
Just checking some specs:

Relayer: Variable multi-tap delay (up to 32 lines) with extensive shaping controls

ÜberMod: unique multitap delay and modulation plugin. With up to 32 modulated delay tap

Yes, but they work in a completely different way. Simon's right.

Sampleconstruct wrote:

There is exactly 0 overlap between ÜberMod and Relayer.
Well, not quite 0... but they have a different approach to delay that could easily live side-by-side with minimal overlap.

Relayer would never be my only delay plugin, but if UVI can tame the CPU spikes (and I'm not talking about using all 32 taps or redux mode), then I would gladly advise anyone to pick up both Relayer and Ubermod to cover a wide spectrum of delay uses.

Ubermod is quite the tool. I personally would use it exclusively for chorus/phaser effects if I hadn't fallen in love with Echobode for modulation effects.

Thanks to above poster, for the info :tu:

ÜberMod is a modulation monster, and it shines at all sorts of tasks, but not really at creating complex rhythmical structures with total control of the rhythm, timbre, pan position and volume of each single tab. That's where Relayer (and Logic's Delay Designer) come in.

Sampleconstruct wrote: but not really at creating complex rhythmical structures with total control of the rhythm, timbre, pan position and volume of each single tab.
So could something like CamelSpace be a better comparison for Relayer?

Numanoid wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote: but not really at creating complex rhythmical structures with total control of the rhythm, timbre, pan position and volume of each single tab.
So could something like CamelSpace be a better comparison for Relayer?
Well, that's thing... there's really not much to compare it to because I don't think there's anything else out there that offers this much control. Precise control over each tap, is what make the difference between Relayer and other delays.

You could compare it to something like Audiodamage's Ricochet, as it does offer control over individual taps and has visual representation, but Ricochet is still not on the same level as Relayer. Relayer to put it simply, does more and (to me) something even better... presents the controls in a way that is quick and easy, which might not matter to some, but for me is the main reason I purchased.

When I see that kind of endorsement, $54 is burning in my pocket :oops:

Return to “Effects”