ReValver 4 - New products released at the Amp Store

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys

Bass players: Once again, we have released something for you!
There are new products for bass players at the Amp Store. Here's what has been released:

SW Giant III bass cab
Aerial Fretless bass ACT library
Slab of Meat pedal
California 410 bass cab
Peavey Millennium Bass ACT library
Peavey Cirrus Bass ACT library

You can have more information about them here: https://revalver.peavey.com/store/new
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
http://www.peavey.com/products/revalver/

Is there a new update? Do we have to install it to run the new gear?

The content becomes available after the purchase and download of the licenses.
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
http://www.peavey.com/products/revalver/

Thanks, I asume we can demo these?

Every new gear release so far required me to install a new version on ReValver to see the new gear.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Thanks morelia, That's what i wanted to know.
Have you tried this new bass gear?

I just bought the pedal and the 2 bass cabs.

Patiently waiting for new BASS AMPS.

Same here. Is it just me, or does that Bassman cab seem overly bright? The SWR cab and the pedal are both great.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Thank you, Junior. I feel that most of the Revalver cabs are superior compared to the best of the cab Sims out there. I think it's cool that you guys miced up more boutique cabs or at least ones others overlooked.

But I definitely want Ampeg and Gallien-Krueger cabs too. Hope Peavey will make those a priority too!

do you get the RIR2 impulse loader if you buy the producer pack
or the Elefson bundle. through I read that you have to buy RIR 2 separately.

Woah, that is one buggy plugin.
Is it still a beta version?

Are loading-but-not-processing hosted 3rd party plugins a demo restriction?
Tried several, never got anything to process.

The AU plugin tells Reaper it has 1 input channel, the usual AU thing. Fixable but not fixed.
The VST says it has 2 input channels, but it seems to decide for itself if and when it uses them.
[Edited above section for accuracy]

I spent about two hours with Revalver 4 (OSX/VST/AU) yesterday, trying to figure out how to have Revalver on a group track and send two different hard L/R panned guitars through it, using either one stereo or two mono chain/s. No luck. Checked the manual several times, know all about the "mono" switch in the input options and the pannable "separate chains" detector in the output section.
Just isn't achievable. Any hints?

Also, having silly issues with the Käften.
Chain: Amp -> Käften -> RIR.
Click amp, select max quality.
Click RIR, select max quality.

*sigh* All good so far, but already annoyed because there's no global setting for quality.
Or, there is one but Revalver tells me it's useless or something. Anyway, fkn click orgy.

Click Käften, select max quality.
Silence.
Bypass Käften, silence.
Bypass RIR, hissy (unfiltered) noise from Amp.
Un-bypass Käften or RIR, silence again.
Remove Käften, remove RIR.
Back to hissy Amp sound.
Re-insert Käften, re-insert RIR.
Back to normal.
Click RIR, select max quality.
Click Käften, select max quality.
Silence.
Continuit ad infinitum.

And somehow there's always some sort of compression going on, even though the comp in the output section is off.
Changing the amp-to-speaker resistance thing doesn't seem to have any effect on this compression.

The supposed Whammy clone only goes an octave up, no further options... srsly? :roll:

...and am I the only one who misses a "copy chain A->B" button?
Last edited by chokehold on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Try the VST instead of the AU.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

b15fliptop wrote:Try the VST instead of the AU.
Yeah, I kinda mis-posted. Edited my last message.

I know that some plugin developers seem to have issues with making their AU versions report two inputs to the host instead of one, wrote to Eventide and now also to Klevgrand, both could fix it in a matter of days or even hours.
Maybe the Revalver guys should do that too.

So basically, the "stereo not possible" issues I was experiencing were with the VST2 version.

* Hard L/R panned guitars will pass through R4 in stereo as long as no modules are loaded.

* Load any module into chain A or B (not both) and the hard L/R panned guitars will be summed to the middle and come out of R4 centered, no matter if I set all the Amp/Käften/RIR modules to mono or stereo operation.

* If there are two identical chains active, then the output module will detect they're not different and output everything as mono, I think L source only - but not sure. Maybe the detector should analyze the incoming signal rather than the processing chain, or make the option switchable instead of automatic.

* If there are two different chains active, then the output module will detect the difference and output everything as stereo. However, the hard L panned guitar will always bleed significantly into the R output. Yes, I have the two pans set up hard L and hard R in the output module. I checked/confirmed this by muting the input signals before they hit R4's inputs: turn down the hard L panned guitar then the hard R panned guitar will come out of R4 with 0% on L output channel and 100% on R output channel, but turn down hard R panned guitar and hard L panned guitar will come out of R4 with 100% on L output channel and some %% on R output channel.

BTW, the first pan seems to affect the 2nd chain rather than the first, and vice versa.

[Reworded some]
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Not sure I'm following everything you're doing, but have you panned the two chains in the output mixer? It's the little gold arrow to the left of the Amp Store. Apologies if I'm misunderstanding.

Edit: the compression you mentioned could be a hot input or output signal. Make sure the meters for each aren't going into the red.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Oh well, I'll try to explain step by step.

This is my track setup. I have two DI signals, one is panned hard left and the other is panned hard right, the two meet at a stereo submix bus. Different things are happening on each track, see how the level meters vary.

Here I mute the right track, so that only the left track will be sent into Revalver.

Inserting a fresh, module-wise empty and completely unadulterated stereo VST version of Revalver 4 will automatically make the output mono, see how the levelmeter of the bus shows the same level on both channels although only one channel is going into Revalver 4.

While I'm at it, just to confirm: yes, I'm using the VST2 version that reports 2 inputs to Reaper, the inputs and outputs are correctly routed as far as Reaper is concerned.

Revalver monofies the incoming signal (L -> L, R) so I've switched the "mono" switch off in the input section. Not too easy to see, but yes, that button is definitely in its "not mono" position.

Having switched the input module to "not mono", now what goes into Revalver on the left channel comes out of Revalver on the left channel, to me that means "stereo (or at least dual mono) operation".

All I do now is insert an Amp into Chain A, and whoop-dee-doo, Revalver is back to mono output. *sigh*

So I click the amp module and set it up to "run in stereo"...

...and then I click the RIR2, set it to "run in stereo" and voila - nothing. The output is, unexpectedly, still a mono signal.

So I head over to the output section and pan Chain A hard left, which should theoretically "force" it to come out of Revalver's left output, right? But as the output module doesn't detect "multiple chains", the panning has no effect.

The output is still summed to a centered mono signal, no matter what A) the IO routing, B) the input module setting, C) the Amp mono/stereo setting, D) the RIR2 mono/stereo setting or E) the output panning should dictate. Quintuple denial.

I've had way much more "routing fun" with Revalver 4 from here on, but I sense these couple of pics are already kind-of annoying, so I'll spare you the rest of the photo love story.

During my experiments, I created two identical and/or two entirely different chains, set A to stereo and B to mono (or the other way round?) which gave me a stereo-ish effect. But that had the weird effect that Revalver's left input channel was routed both into Chains A and B, but Revalver's right input channel was routed only into Chain B. So when I muted the left guitar source track, the right guitar track would come out 100% on the right and 0% on the left channel, and when I un-muted the left but muted the right guitar source tracks, the left guitar would come 100% out of the left channel and something like 75% on the right one. Adjusting the "mix" fader on the output module only made things worse.

So I'd still like to know: is it not possible to set up Revalver 4 as a "bus" amp with entirely independent dual mono Pedal/Amp/FX chains? Not having that would be like ... I don't know, 1996 or so.

Return to “Effects”